Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:28 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,793,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am astounded that the Warmongers and their financiers are so blatant about starting another chapter in their endless war to support their limitless greed. ............
The top warmongers I see in this administration (and shadow government) in no particular order:

Obama, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Valerie Jarret, Lindsay Graham, Leon Panetta, Samantha Power, Cass Sunstien, Van Jones, Richard Trumpka, Steven Lerner, Andy Stern, Bill Ayers/Bernadine Dohrn & Code Pink.

My opinion, YMMV.

I am astounded that the far left thinks chants of "Death to Wallstreet, Death to America" is acceptable from OWS.

But whatever you do, don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain and the structural changes happening here and across the world as the Pope calls for a central world bank, as racicals call for "death to America, as warhawks call for more instability in the Middle East and Africa (Uganda/Sudan, etc... ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 11:31 AM

13,616 posts, read 20,671,995 times
I am struggling to understand this thread.

Folks are nearing hysterics because one Senator thinks we should move against Syria. Right after high-fiving themselves that we did just that to Libya.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:33 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,919,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Why must "NATO" stand in as a cover for "United States?"
I would suggest, because it wasn't

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...tions-country#

Old 10-24-2011, 12:00 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,756,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I am struggling to understand this thread.

Folks are nearing hysterics because one Senator thinks we should move against Syria. Right after high-fiving themselves that we did just that to Libya.
The difference is that Libya asked for assistance. Syria hasn't asked for "NATO" to get involved and they, as of now, don't want NATO or any other country to get involved. McCain is offering to get involved to what extent - NATO or the US going it alone isn't clear.

If you read the article you will see that NATO has serious reservations about getting involved in any "military conflict" with another Middle East country, especially Syria as the consequences would be huge.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:21 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,660,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The difference is that Libya asked for assistance. Syria hasn't asked for "NATO" to get involved and they, as of now, don't want NATO or any other country to get involved. McCain is offering to get involved to what extent - NATO or the US going it alone isn't clear.

If you read the article you will see that NATO has serious reservations about getting involved in any "military conflict" with another Middle East country, especially Syria as the consequences would be huge.
Libya asked to get bombed? You mean the rebels asked for assistance. And so that means that it's acceptable if the Syrian protesters ask for NATO to help that they should rinse and repeat?

Old 10-24-2011, 12:21 PM

39,803 posts, read 26,307,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

"Libya" didn't ask for assistance. One side of a civil war in Libya, not representing the legitimate government of that country, asked for assistance. And we were happy to get involved. Surely we could find someone in Syria to "ask for assistance" if we looked.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:28 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,788,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"Libya" didn't ask for assistance. One side of a civil war in Libya, not representing the legitimate government of that country, asked for assistance. And we were happy to get involved. Surely we could find someone in Syria to "ask for assistance" if we looked.
The Arab League thru the UN asked for the help in Libya. Who knows, they may do the same in the Syria situation. I doubt you will see this US Prez strap on his six guns head out to the street at noon, puff, puff. You would have to elect one of the Krazy Kar posse for that.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,264,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Totally aside from all the military and agenda-related implications...you have brought up an interesting point. Why must "NATO" stand in as a cover for "United States?"
Prolly proxy.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:06 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,212,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Arab League thru the UN asked for the help in Libya.
Yes, this is how I remember it as well.

My problem with McCain wanting to do this is because he wants to get involved in every conflict. He was critical of President Obama's handling of Libya because he didn't think Obama did enough. He is always the first to want to go to war.

Don't forget his theme song (I know it's already been mentioned in this thread) - "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran......"

Old 10-24-2011, 01:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,607,807 times
TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE was laid off because of the budget crises. We are broke, those days are over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies