Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Gays are a small minority, why should they be able to force the rest of us to indulge their whim, cave to intimidation, when this has such a negative impact on our society and culture? It's not really about gays having rights, if it were, civil union would be perfectly acceptable. It's not the federal gov'ts business. This is another tool for the Cultural Marxists to destroy this country.

Homosexuals have a culture of ‘open’ marriages:
Scott James of the NY Times says –
… As the trial phase of the constitutional battle to overturn the Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage concludes in federal court, gay nuptials are portrayed by opponents as an effort to rewrite the traditional rules of matrimony. Quietly, outside of the news media and courtroom spotlight, many gay couples are doing just that, according to groundbreaking new research.
A study to be released next month is offering a rare glimpse inside gay relationships and reveals that monogamy is not a central feature for many. Some gay men and lesbians argue that, as a result, they have stronger, longer-lasting and more honest relationships. And while that may sound counterintuitive, some experts say boundary-challenging gay relationships represent an evolution in marriage — one that might point the way for the survival of the institution.
New research at San Francisco State University reveals just how common open relationships are among gay men and lesbians in the Bay Area. The Gay Couples Study has followed 556 male couples for three years — about 50 percent of those surveyed have sex outside their relationships, with the knowledge and approval of their partners.
That consent is key. “With straight people, it’s called affairs or cheating,” said Colleen Hoff, the study’s principal investigator, “but with gay people it does not have such negative connotations.”
The study also found open gay couples just as happy in their relationships as pairs in sexually exclusive unions, Dr. Hoff said. A different study, published in 1985, concluded that open gay relationships actually lasted longer.
None of this is news in the gay community, but few will speak publicly about it. Of the dozen people in open relationships contacted for this column, no one would agree to use his or her full name, citing privacy concerns. They also worried that discussing the subject could undermine the legal fight for same-sex marriage. … (read the rest here)

The gays are just a tool of social engineering.
Read about the underlying goals of Cultural Marxism in this article from American Thinker, which includes the theory of
Polymorphous perversity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/02/cultural_marxism.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 10:03 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
TR - Live your own life! Nobody is asking you to be gay so why be more concerned with "Tradition" then current reality. To hell with traditions. Most tradition is a system that uses women to support weak drunk males and excludes gay folk as a threat. I am more concerned with the here and now and the happiness of the living.
I do live my life..and live it well. A question was asked in the beginning of this thread and I answered it. You are gay...I am a traditionalist. I gave my opinion..which is what was asked for. If you don't like that opinion, you are free to disagree...but don't come up with the silly comeback that 'no one is asking me to be gay'. That is simply ludicrous.

Current reality is this....More people are AGAINST gay marriage in this country than are for it. I suggest that you follow your own advice and deal with THAT current reality.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So, that poster thinks atheists cannot get married in the US, and the federal government apparently can tell local, private hospitals how to write their visitation rules?

BTW, government does not support, endorse and subsidize marriage to make sure people get hospital visitation rights.
Hospital policy is lawyers' policy, which is . . . court policy, I guess.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
Default Well Rlarson....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
i'm a normal everyday american. yet i was born gay. i think that phrasing this issue in terms of 'institutions' and 'tradition' is a way to make it seem that it impacts you when it really doesn't. you would still be marrying someone of the opposite sex in your church if you prefer even if there was gay marriage so it really wouldn't impact you in any way.

my parents got married in a courthouse.

again, what would you expect gay people to do then if you're against gay marriage? are you claiming that we don't love each other as much you do in your relationships?
It DOES impact my life. It ima cts everyone's life who lives in this society.

I know that you...as a gay person....will fail to understand this, but there are people out here who are against gay marriage because it changes tradition. And we now have to raise our families in this society that you and other gays want to change. Now...if you follow me here, you must understand that if there are people out here who think our traditons and customs...such as marriage....should NOT be changed, then we have that right.

To think that the institution of marriage should be changed for gays...when civil unions could be modified to include the same rights, is what makes people mad. Many straight people who oppose gay marriage oppose it because many out here believe that the gay fight isn't really about MARRIAGE. Not when you could be fighting FOR civil unions to provide the same benefits as marriage. But that really isn't what so many of the gays want. They REALLY want the power to FORCE the majority to change our traditions to include them. It's a POWER PLAY more than anything. And the honest gays out there KNOW IT.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You need to do more reading about your sexuality and moving to another state where you can be open and meet other gay men could work wonders for you. It is not something that is passed down through the genes. Can you go back through your family tree and trace where that gene was passed down through your family? Did it skip a few generations and resurfaced with you?

no, but i do know that it's caused by hormones in utero, thusly making it a trait.

Can you tell me where the straight gene is? i don't believe they've found one y et yet i'm pretty sure that you believe that you were born straight and that it's a trait

Old 10-24-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
It DOES impact my life. It ima cts everyone's life who lives in this society.

I know that you...as a gay person....will fail to understand this, but there are people out here who are against gay marriage because it changes tradition. And we now have to raise our families in this society that you and other gays want to change. Now...if you follow me here, you must understand that if there are people out here who think our traditons and customs...such as marriage....should NOT be changed, then we have that right.

To think that the institution of marriage should be changed for gays...when civil unions could be modified to include the same rights, is what makes people mad. Many straight people who oppose gay marriage oppose it because many out here believe that the gay fight isn't really about MARRIAGE. Not when you could be fighting FOR civil unions to provide the same benefits as marriage. But that really isn't what so many of the gays want. They REALLY want the power to FORCE the majority to change our traditions to include them. It's a POWER PLAY more than anything. And the honest gays out there KNOW IT.

actually it doesn't change anything for the part of society that isn't gay. The only people's lives this issue impacts are gay people,s and their families.

Firstly marriage is a legal issue, not simply a tradition, which means that it violates the fourteenth amendment to not offer it to gay people, since we didn't choose to be gay in the first place.

WE aren't forcing YOU to change anything. Unless you're actually gay i fail to see how this issue is really any of your business, especially since you have no stake in the matter, since you already have that right that we seek.. ( all rights are supposed to be guarnateed equally to everyone, NOT just you.)

it's funny how the victimizers play victim... CAN YOU GET MARRIED? if yes, than you're not the victim

I HAVE to be gay whether i get to get married or not, the issue just make smy life crappier.

Also, i'm no less 'traditional' than you are. being gay has NOTHING to do with lack of tradition, it's an unchosen trait.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Y'all are concentrating on cultural and emotional stuff.

The tax code favors families. The tax laws will need to be significantly changed. Why should folks get tax breaks due to life style choices? This will open a can of worms that nobody wants to deal with. They should. Kinda like if life begins at conception, will I be able to deduct my fetus?

About next of kin stuff? Passing on property? Define family. Are barren couples a family?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Gays are a small minority, why should they be able to force the rest of us to indulge their whim, cave to intimidation, when this has such a negative impact on our society and culture? It's not really about gays having rights, if it were, civil union would be perfectly acceptable. It's not the federal gov'ts business. This is another tool for the Cultural Marxists to destroy this country.

Homosexuals have a culture of ‘open’ marriages:
Scott James of the NY Times says –
… As the trial phase of the constitutional battle to overturn the Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage concludes in federal court, gay nuptials are portrayed by opponents as an effort to rewrite the traditional rules of matrimony. Quietly, outside of the news media and courtroom spotlight, many gay couples are doing just that, according to groundbreaking new research.
A study to be released next month is offering a rare glimpse inside gay relationships and reveals that monogamy is not a central feature for many. Some gay men and lesbians argue that, as a result, they have stronger, longer-lasting and more honest relationships. And while that may sound counterintuitive, some experts say boundary-challenging gay relationships represent an evolution in marriage — one that might point the way for the survival of the institution.
New research at San Francisco State University reveals just how common open relationships are among gay men and lesbians in the Bay Area. The Gay Couples Study has followed 556 male couples for three years — about 50 percent of those surveyed have sex outside their relationships, with the knowledge and approval of their partners.
That consent is key. “With straight people, it’s called affairs or cheating,” said Colleen Hoff, the study’s principal investigator, “but with gay people it does not have such negative connotations.”
The study also found open gay couples just as happy in their relationships as pairs in sexually exclusive unions, Dr. Hoff said. A different study, published in 1985, concluded that open gay relationships actually lasted longer.
None of this is news in the gay community, but few will speak publicly about it. Of the dozen people in open relationships contacted for this column, no one would agree to use his or her full name, citing privacy concerns. They also worried that discussing the subject could undermine the legal fight for same-sex marriage. … (read the rest here)

The gays are just a tool of social engineering.
Read about the underlying goals of Cultural Marxism in this article from American Thinker, which includes the theory of
Polymorphous perversity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/02/cultural_marxism.html
EVERY perosn is country is GUARANTEED the same rights. Jews are a small minority, should we deny then the right to vote and if they complain say that they're just a small minority so they shouldn't get that right? I think it's funny how people like you think being denied a constitutional right doesn't matter unless it happens to THE MAJORITY. funny, i thought the fourteenth amendment applied to ALL americans.. so pretty much you're saying i'm a second class citizen.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We are clearly violating their right to marry whoever they want to, by imposing our moral standards on them. We will violate the rights of bisexuals, and forbid them from marrying a man and a woman too.
um, bisexuals don't seek to MARRY two people, they are equally attracted to both genders, you're referring to polygamy

Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You need to do more reading about your sexuality and moving to another state where you can be open and meet other gay men could work wonders for you. It is not something that is passed down through the genes. Can you go back through your family tree and trace where that gene was passed down through your family? Did it skip a few generations and resurfaced with you?
Um, I've experienced being gay MY WHOLE LIFE, so why would a first hand source of info go to a lesser source for information?

I kind have experienced always being gay and never experiencing being straight. being gay is NOT a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies