Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,229 times

Advertisements

Would it Bother You if Your Child Was Forced to Watch Two Men Kissing in Their Public School Class?

Yes! Very much so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I would be bothered if my kid was forced to watch anyone kissing in school.

It's SCHOOL. Get back to work!
EXACTLY.

Is it any wonder our test scores are so dismal.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Some parents, who were not provided the opportunity to "opt-out" their children were very upset that their kids were forced to watch a play about homosexuality that included two men kissing on stage. This was part of an anti-bullying program in a Connecticut Public School. The principal apparently believes this lesson is more important than math.

"This is as important of a topic to discuss as anything in math, anything in social studies," Johnson said. "I'm completely glad that we did it."

"Members of Leadership Greater Hartford's Quest, a program for professionals that develops leadership skills, put forth "Zanna" as an anti-bullying community service project that helps lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth."

Hartford: Musical Stirs Debate At Hartford Public High School About Homosexuality - Courant.com

What gives a public school the right to try and change the beliefs or feelings of students? Anti-bullying programs should involve teaching students that they must refrain from bullying everyone, even kids they don't like; not trying to force them to like everyone or accept as right everyone else's behavior.

I don't think I've ever heard the social indoctrination purpose of the public schools so openly admitted to as by this principal, who is quoted proudly exclaiming his belief that this school program to get kids to accept homosexuality is as important as teaching them math.

Will we ever return to teaching academics in the public school?

I'd be ticked if I had a student in that school.

BTW, the kiss is described in the article as a "peck" but the accompanying photo shows it to involve a "bit more." I wouldn't want my child wasting their time watching homo or heterosexuals sexing it up in school.

City Data is heavy with logical fallacies and fear today. I don't even know where to start with this post....

Old 10-24-2011, 07:13 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
From the link: ('nuff said? )

"...classmates who previously expressed homophobic remarks suddenly proclaiming that gay people should be accepted."

Hartford: Musical Stirs Debate At Hartford Public High School About Homosexuality - Courant.com

(Interesting to ponder just what the "homophobic" remark was that the student had made before seeing this ploy/play...maybe something like, "I believe that the act of homosexuality is wrong." ???)
Or maybe threatening to give a kid he was calling gay a swirlie in the bathroom...

Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
Were the students forced to watch two guys kissing?

Old 10-24-2011, 07:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Heaven forbid kids watch a musical and be exposed to some actual culture that teaches them the reality of life that their bigoted parents want to protect them from.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Some parents, who were not provided the opportunity to "opt-out" their children were very upset that their kids were forced to watch a play about homosexuality that included two men kissing on stage. This was part of an anti-bullying program in a Connecticut Public School. The principal apparently believes this lesson is more important than math.

"This is as important of a topic to discuss as anything in math, anything in social studies," Johnson said. "I'm completely glad that we did it."

"Members of Leadership Greater Hartford's Quest, a program for professionals that develops leadership skills, put forth "Zanna" as an anti-bullying community service project that helps lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth."

What gives a public school the right to try and change the beliefs or feelings of students? Anti-bullying programs should involve teaching students that they must refrain from bullying everyone, even kids they don't like; not trying to force them to like everyone or accept as right everyone else's behavior.

I don't think I've ever heard the social indoctrination purpose of the public schools so openly admitted to as by this principal, who is quoted proudly exclaiming his belief that this school program to get kids to accept homosexuality is as important as teaching them math.

Will we ever return to teaching academics in the public school?

I'd be ticked if I had a student in that school.

BTW, the kiss is described in the article as a "peck" but the accompanying photo shows it to involve a "bit more." I wouldn't want my child wasting their time watching homo or heterosexuals sexing it up in school.
These liberal bastions are descending into depravity at frightening speed. I understand NYC is taking middle school students on recognizance missions for condoms for example. I wonder what these loons will think of next?

Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,225,940 times
Quote:
(Interesting to ponder just what the "homophobic" remark was that the student had made before seeing this ploy/play...maybe something like, "I believe that the act of homosexuality is wrong." ???)
I never heard it described so blandly when I was in high school.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 PM

912 posts, read 1,331,339 times
It would bother me if I had to see it.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:29 PM

564 posts, read 892,286 times
This just cant be true, this sickening agenda to destroy all moral values cannot have gotten this far...there must be firings, this is not why parents send their kids to school. This "crap" if true must be halted right here, how in the world could this have been allowed?
I am so glad my kids do not attend here, I would be infuriated beyond belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies