Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Seriously? Hillary "set a bad example?" For whom, exactly?? And, how could she "usher in the new Sharia government" to an already Islamic country?

This, also her personal life is her business. Plenty of men and women have stood by their cheating spouse and attempted to work things out. A lot of people see this as an admirable thing. Also like a PP mentioned, why would she want all of her dirty laundry spread all over the news and tabloids by going through a divorce while her husband was in office. If anything one could say she set a good example by doing all she could to keep her family intact. As for Libya, it is already under sharia and a muslim government so it is nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This, also her personal life is her business. Plenty of men and women have stood by their cheating spouse and attempted to work things out. A lot of people see this as an admirable thing. Also like a PP mentioned, why would she want all of her dirty laundry spread all over the news and tabloids by going through a divorce while her husband was in office. If anything one could say she set a good example by doing all she could to keep her family intact. As for Libya, it is already under sharia and a muslim government so it is nothing new.
Agree. Also, a marriage is defined by the two people in it. What works for one couple might not work for another. When it comes to other people's marriages, it's best to MYOB.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
In you opinion...
If Libya is a muslim country, and it is, it's none of our business how they decide to rule their country.

Oh please...
Democracy isn't working too well in the US these days.
We need to mind our own country and leave others to mind their countries as well.
If you claim it's none of our business to rule their country did you support the NATO/U.S effort? I just want to see if you are consistent.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:24 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Agree. Also, a marriage is defined by the two people in it. What works for one couple might not work for another. When it comes to other people's marriages, it's best to MYOB.
I really like what you have stated. Very true by the way, because what works for one couple whose marriage is in trouble, may not work for another. People are different and have much different view points on cheating, and keeping the family together.

Some feel it is much better to try and save a marriage, if it is worth saving. Some feel today, that people get married, the next thing you know they are filing for divorce. Some feel that a marriage is worth saving, if you truly feel, it can be saved and that it is worth it to you and your spouse, no mone else really matters, except children involved if there are any.

And i have known marriages and people thruout my life, who were divorced, then get back together, and today are still together. One cheating episode is not the end of some marriages, i have actually known some marriages that after, someone cheated, their marriage became stronger and more positive.

A marriage is between two people and no others, the couple knows what is best for them.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You would have rather had a sitting president and first lady go through a divorce and have their dirty laundry spread all over the tabloids for the world to see? Is that the "good example" you would have rather had Hilary do?
Yes, I believe cheating in marriage is much worse than divorce. I respect all women who divorce after discovering their husband cheats.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:33 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
First she set a bad example by standing by her man despite his chronic cheating. Now as Sec. of State she was a key figure behind ushering in the new Sharia government in Libya. The first thing they did was overturn the ban against polygamy. Perhaps this does not bother Hillary because she has been in a de-facto polygamous marriage.

The Clinton Chapters Ch.7 Rose Law Firm - YouTube Ahh yes the smartest woman on the planet.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
If you claim it's none of our business to rule their country did you support the NATO/U.S effort? I just want to see if you are consistent.
I'm against all war at all time.

I don't really care if you think I'm consistent or not.
I do believe that your comment is ridiculously arrogant, though.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I really like what you have stated. Very true by the way, because what works for one couple whose marriage is in trouble, may not work for another. People are different and have much different view points on cheating, and keeping the family together.

Some feel it is much better to try and save a marriage, if it is worth saving. Some feel today, that people get married, the next thing you know they are filing for divorce. Some feel that a marriage is worth saving, if you truly feel, it can be saved and that it is worth it to you and your spouse, no mone else really matters, except children involved if there are any.

And i have known marriages and people thruout my life, who were divorced, then get back together, and today are still together. One cheating episode is not the end of some marriages, i have actually known some marriages that after, someone cheated, their marriage became stronger and more positive.

A marriage is between two people and no others, the couple knows what is best for them.
"Cheating," for some couples is not nearly as much of an issue as it is for others. The "rules" for a marriage are determined by the people in that marriage.

Don't judge my marriage by your rules and I won't judge yours by mine.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, I believe cheating in marriage is much worse than divorce. I respect all women who divorce after discovering their husband cheats.
That is what YOU believe, others believe differently.

I respect all people who live by their beliefs and let others live by theirs.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm against all war at all time.

I don't really care if you think I'm consistent or not.
I do believe that your comment is ridiculously arrogant, though.
What comment? To see if you are consistent? I know you don't care what I think but I respect and appreciate your consistency..unlike those who cheered on the $3 Billion dollar operation supporting the rebels and then after the fact say "we should mind our own business".

Or was it my opening comments? This is one of my most important issues and has been for most of my life. I am solidly anti-polygamy and anti-soft polygamy ("stand by your man"). This might have came across as a cheap shot against Hillary but it wasn't intended that way, I am deeply concerned about this subject.

Middle East polygamy is all of our business. It is a root cause of terrorism. When a man has no chance of finding a wife he is more prone to being radicalized. For example a strong appeal to suicide bombers is the promise of the virgins (I forget the exact number) in the afterlife. Without polygamy, most of these men could have found a wife, formed a family and invested in their society...terrorism would be less attractive to them. There are also lot's of trickle down issues (not terrorism related) with the soft polygamy we have in the U.S as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies