Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yeah, that's it. Robertson is in cahoots with Romney (a Mormon) so that they can squeeze out the Evangelicals by being the voice of reason.
That's not what I wrote. Merely pointing out why Romney may be staying out until later on based upon making the same observation as Robertson.

I really don't know how you could have misread my post so badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 02:13 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's really saying something when right wing loon Pat Robertson says the GOP has gone off the deep end to the extreme right.

"Those people in the Republican primary have got to lay off of this stuff. They’re forcing their leaders, the front runners, into positions that will mean they lose the general election."

"They’ve got to stop this! It’s just so counterproductive!"

"Well. If they want to lose, this is the game for losers."

Pat Robertson GOP Base | Pat Robertson Herman Cain | Video | Mediaite
The only thing I got from your post is anybody who doesn't agree with you is a nutcase.

Who woulda' figured?

Old 10-25-2011, 02:39 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,787,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The only thing I got from your post is anybody who doesn't agree with you is a nutcase.

Who woulda' figured?
Pat Robertson is a kook. Outside of perhaps the evangelical community, I don't know anyone that doesn't think otherwise. Nice deflection attempt though

Old 10-25-2011, 02:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You guys will use ANYTHING ANY nutcase says that supports your ideology. I'm surprised you guys haven't polled all of the mental wards across the nation for their opinions, then post them as fact.
No, you don't understand. I am not in support of what Pat Roberson says or believes. I am not for a theocracy.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:41 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,835 times
Which positions did he call out?

Old 10-25-2011, 04:13 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,189,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's not what I wrote. Merely pointing out why Romney may be staying out until later on based upon making the same observation as Robertson.

I really don't know how you could have misread my post so badly.
I think that's exactly right--he's trying not to engage the other candidates any more than he has to so he can look more like "the voice of reason." It's tricky though, because once a clear #2 comes out of the field, they're going to throw everything they have at him, and he's going to have to tack more far right to win the primary, or potentially lose. The problem is that he can't win the general if he goes too far right. He's in a bad spot, and he's a flawed candidate to begin with.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
When you have the looniest of right wing loonies saying that the GOP candidates are looney... that's some deep lunacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies