U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2011, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
29,442 posts, read 17,056,394 times
Reputation: 9385

Advertisements

GAO: With China dialogues, WH violated law | Campaign 2012 (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/gao-china-dialogues-wh-violated-law - broken link)

Not that it surprises me in the least, this president thinks he is above the Constitution and a lot of federal laws.

0bama thinks he can simply choose which immigration laws to enforce, thinks he can hand out waivers for federal laws to a select few companies, and decide which laws are just to confining for him, and ignore them. Hell, he does not even need the congress, and can rule like a dictator, all on his own.

It’s not every day that the Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports that the Executive Office of the President violated federal law, but that’s the conclusion the GAO released in a report this month, after reviewing bilateral talks with the Chinese government hosted by the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2011, 02:15 PM
 
42,727 posts, read 27,522,595 times
Reputation: 14312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
GAO: With China dialogues, WH violated law | Campaign 2012 (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/gao-china-dialogues-wh-violated-law - broken link)

Not that it surprises me in the least, this president thinks he is above the Constitution and a lot of federal laws.

0bama thinks he can simply choose which immigration laws to enforce, thinks he can hand out waivers for federal laws to a select few companies, and decide which laws are just to confining for him, and ignore them. Hell, he does not even need the congress, and can rule like a dictator, all on his own.

It’s not every day that the Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports that the Executive Office of the President violated federal law, but that’s the conclusion the GAO released in a report this month, after reviewing bilateral talks with the Chinese government hosted by the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP).
You might have explained that it is a dispute over funding for the talks, that the OSTP talks were funded by monies for the defense department and that the law doesn't allow this particular allocation to be used for anything having to do with the Chinese, even bilateral technology agreements. Explicitly the law in question requires another law to be passed to allow funds to be used for bilateral agreements. The administration's position is that the law as written is Unconstitutional, so this is really Ma and Pa fighting over the egg money, and not Ma going out shoplifting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
 
16,546 posts, read 12,593,050 times
Reputation: 4234
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You might have explained that it is a dispute over funding for the talks, that the OSTP talks were funded by monies for the defense department and that the law doesn't allow this particular allocation to be used for anything having to do with the Chinese, even bilateral technology agreements. Explicitly the law in question requires another law to be passed to allow funds to be used for bilateral agreements. The administration's position is that the law as written is Unconstitutional, so this is really Ma and Pa fighting over the egg money, and not Ma going out shoplifting.
It's not the POTUS' administrations job to decide what is constitutional or not, that's what SCOTUS is for. This is dictatorial behavior.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Fairfax, VA
3,828 posts, read 3,111,056 times
Reputation: 3686
When is the Congress going to issue impeachment charges on this buffoon?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Near the water
8,230 posts, read 12,494,094 times
Reputation: 3893
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's not the POTUS' administrations job to decide what is constitutional or not, that's what SCOTUS is for. This is dictatorial behavior.
Seriously????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 03:17 PM
 
42,727 posts, read 27,522,595 times
Reputation: 14312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's not the POTUS' administrations job to decide what is constitutional or not, that's what SCOTUS is for. This is dictatorial behavior.
Ummm, no.

You see, when a law is passed, it gets enforced. This law, it only affects the government, specifically, the executive branch. So, if a law is Unconstitutional, any law, someone who is affected by the law has to say the law is Unconstitutional. They have to be affected in order to have standing in court. A law that only affects the executive branch? Then the executive branch decides to challenge the law based on whether it is Constitutional or not. In this case, that's what is happening. The executive branch thinks the law is Unconstitutional, they are challenging the law, and ultimately the courts will decide. See how that works?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 03:19 PM
 
16,546 posts, read 12,593,050 times
Reputation: 4234
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Ummm, no.

You see, when a law is passed, it gets enforced. This law, it only affects the government, specifically, the executive branch. So, if a law is Unconstitutional, any law, someone who is affected by the law has to say the law is Unconstitutional. They have to be affected in order to have standing in court. A law that only affects the executive branch? Then the executive branch decides to challenge the law based on whether it is Constitutional or not. In this case, that's what is happening. The executive branch thinks the law is Unconstitutional, they are challenging the law, and ultimately the courts will decide. See how that works?
Ummmmm, NO! Until it is decided by the courts they HAVE to live by it. We don't have a dictatorship here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 03:21 PM
 
16,546 posts, read 12,593,050 times
Reputation: 4234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Seriously????
Yes seriously, you need to do some studying if you think otherwise. Haven't you heard of the seperation of powers? Did they teach that to you in school?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 03:27 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 8,061,022 times
Reputation: 2218
Congress need to be impeached along with Obama. Nobody likes congress. Congress lets Obama run the show, then why do we need congress.

We need to occupy the white house & get him out of office.
Pushing Obama care down our throats. Granting back door amnesty without the American peoples approval.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
 
42,727 posts, read 27,522,595 times
Reputation: 14312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Ummmmm, NO! Until it is decided by the courts they HAVE to live by it. We don't have a dictatorship here.
You are a little bit right, and a little bit wrong. This is not a law about driving on the wrong side of the street, or about selling arms to Nicaraguans. This is a funding dispute. The funds have been appropriated to the executive branch already. Now that the funds have been dispersed, the legal challenge can begin. It's not about a dictatorship, unless you are arguing for the dictatorship of Congress over the executive branch.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top