Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:11 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Does the United States have experience stretching back a millennium fighting foreign invaders? Are Americans skilled at living in rugged country and subsisting on very little? This country was still owned by Indians when people in Afghanistan were successfully battling foreign occupiers. Little has changed in Afghanistan since, and everything has changed in the U.S.

We will never win in Afghanistan, we cannot even define what victory is.

But Afghanistan is as far removed from the United States as any country in the world, so those comparisons are invalid.
Sigh,another one ignorant of guerilla warfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Would you like to describe for us your amazing credentials as an expert in guerilla warfare. I have a feeling that it consists mainly of judicious use of camo and 5.11 clothing, and an in depth knowledge of Soldier of Fortune magazine and a dog eared copy of the Turner Diaries. Am I close?

What is the color of the boathouse at Hereford?
I can read and actually know history,I am lucky to have been educated elsewhere so aren't ignorant of history.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I can read and actually know history,I am lucky to have been educated elsewhere so aren't ignorant of history.

So, no real guerilla warfare training or experience? Seriously, you read some books and that makes you an expert in guerilla warfare. LOL

You are like a redneck Don Quixote.

Last edited by Sco; 10-25-2011 at 06:35 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 06:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I have eight M-60 machine guns, a dozen AK-47s, an more pistols than I can count. Plenty of ammo for everything. I'm stilling hoping to buy a howitzer to place in my garage. I want to be ready when the liberal, commie government (or the anti-christ) comes to get me.
Ironically, one man with a single shot from Remington 700 chambered in .308 and fitted with decent scope standing 800 meters away can make your arsenal a moot issue, not to mention what a punctuation mark a single Predator can put on the point.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
So, no real guerilla warfare training or experience? Seriously, you read some books and that makes you an expert in guerilla warfare. LOL

You are like a redneck Don Quixote.
It puts me up on you...

Or is that you Che?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:08 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsjacob38 View Post
"It is easy to control 100 people with one gun"
-Joseph Stalin

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"

-Mao
Are you for or against the gun? Depending on your perspective, you can use these quotes to argue both sides.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
And maybe it's time to leave discussions about America to those who actually live in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
....and Palin, Bachman, Obama, Tea Party, OWS, Fox News, illegal immigration...................

Maybe you should become a moderator and really tighten up this ship.

Maybe it's time to retire the CD forums.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 PM

679 posts, read 660,891 times
Do we really need another circlejerk gun thread?

Don't we have plenty?

I own a few collectable rifles but you don't see me touting them around like some bratty kid who is cooler than everyone else who doesn't choose to have one. Have some grace.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Default Did you ever think just how fortunate we are to have the 2nd Amendment?

I am thankful for the 2nd Amendment.

Because of it, I know stuff like this is not likely to happen in my country:

Syria Sniper Shabiha Shoot Civilians in HOMS - 9-Sept-11 - NATO Must Bomb Assad Now ! - YouTube

police killing civilians in Syria very important - YouTube

The moment of killing a child by Al-Assad's gangs in Damascus city in Syria 23.07.2011 - YouTube

Tiananmen Square Massacre on June 4, 1989. - YouTube

After what we've seen in the world, only stupid people would question the wisdom of the Founding Fathers by giving us the 2nd Amendment. It's not without a cost to society, but with it we can rest assured the powers that be won't shoot us down at will... because we can shoot back.

Our government was initially designed to fragment and decentralize power for the freedom and benefit of all. Those in charge now have worked very diligently to do the opposite. Don't think for a second that they wouldn't like us to be just as helpless as the people of Syria or China are against their leaders.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:39 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Not really. I think the core purpose of the Second Amendment is completely useless today.

Back in the day when muskets and a cannon or two was all anyone had, the Second Amendment did provide a real counterbalance to potential government misuse of force. Today, modern governments have large professional military forces with advanced firearms, riot gear, tanks, helicopters, jets, chemical weapons, laser-guided missiles and nukes. The days when you could win a fight against them with a ragtag militia outfitted with a few semiautomatic (or even illegally tricked-out automatic) weapons are long gone. That said, it MAY help you in self defense against the occasional run-in with a criminal. I'm all for letting lawful people maintain their guns in a legal way, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend that your shotgun is a meaningful deterrent to government tyranny, because it just isn't. A lot has changed technologically since the 1770s.
The British had the finest military on earth at the time of the America Revolution....we beat them anyway.

The 2nd amendment will always be needed.

Don't forget....4 dead in Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies