Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,569,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
But it wasn't reported on ANY of the national news networks.

That is the point.

Of course it was reported in Peoria, there was no way they could not report it there.

We're not hearing about this because it isn't PC to report on stories of blacks attacking whites.
No it's not being picked up by the national media because where's the story? A group of teens yelled verbal insults at a driver, then "disturbed the dust" on the vehicle without even causing any damage? Extra extra read all about it! Weakest flash mob story ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,556,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Neither will most of the internet tough guys on here who are pounding their chests. LOL. Go ahead, complain about Blacks attacking Whites and how you are the savior for the White race and you can't wait for them to try to attack you. Real tough guy.
We can't complain about blacks attacking whites?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,318,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
No it's not being picked up by the national media because where's the story? A group of teens yelled verbal insults at a driver, then "disturbed the dust" on the vehicle without even causing any damage? Extra extra read all about it! Weakest flash mob story ever.
How often do major news outlet report stories about towns in the boonies like Peoria? Pretty soon the righties will claim it's racism against small towns.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:28 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,798,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus12 View Post
I guarantee if it was a group of 50 white teens shouted race related remarks at black people, pointing guns on them, and breaking their car windows it would be on every national news network for the next 3 months. Then there would be a thread on city data popping up every 5 minutes of people whining about how racist white people are.

(And I'm pretty sure Savoir Faire would be one of the first ones)
There is no better place to disappear in Illinois than the triangular area of western Illinois between Quincy, Moline, and Peoria. Although, southeastern Illinois is pretty remote as well.

I don't think anything that happens in Peoria rates national coverage unless it is a spectacle and caught on video.

Last edited by geofra; 10-25-2011 at 10:44 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,716,979 times
Quote:

Next time click on the article and read the story before commenting. This was the 2nd attack, the first one involved a woman whose car window was smashed.

I'm hoping we hear soon that the driver runs some of them over.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Next time click on the article and read the story before commenting. This was the 2nd attack, the first one involved a woman whose car window was smashed.

I'm hoping we hear soon that the driver runs some of them over.
I read the article. A smashed window...whoopdeedoo. It's going to take just a little bit more than that for a couple minor incidents in Peoria to turn into a NATIONAL news story. Last I checked, the entire country hasn't had any slow news days recently.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I read the article. A smashed window...whoopdeedoo. It's going to take just a little bit more than that for a couple minor incidents in Peoria to turn into a NATIONAL news story. Last I checked, the entire country hasn't had any slow news days recently.
Is smashing a window an entitlement?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Is it worthy of a national news story?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:53 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,318,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
My car window has been smashed several times, call the NY Times!!!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 PM

Was it smashed by 50 black kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies