Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Let's not pretend adoption agencies don't have wonderful couples on adoption waiting lists for years.

The professional couple who adopted my nephew were on a waiting list for two years.

Women don't get abortions because they don't want a child or are incapable of caring for a child.

The reason women get abortions is they don't want to be pregnant.

They don't want their **** to fall.

They don't want stretch marks.

They don't want to get fat.

They don't want to live with the physical discomfort of a pregnancy.

They don't want to be embarrassed.
Well...that is another inconvenient fact,there ARE waiting lists years long...to the point people regularly go overseas for babies.

So the idea the child would be unwanted isn't really true.

Now the rest of your post...
Well who knows.

I know of only one woman who had an abortion(actually several),it was due to mainly not wanting a baby and was used to end those little 'mistakes' of not using birth control...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 07:05 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Exactly.

Abortion is the killing of an innocent human life, plain and simple. It is murder. Actually seeing a picture drives home the reality that "it" is indeed a HUMAN and not just a clump of cells.

Those here who have made emotional arguments ("you don't know what it's like to be a woman", etc.) may be right subjectively speaking: I don't know what it is like to be a woman. However, objective morality
Whoops, you lost me here. There's no such thing as objective morality.

It used to be considered morally acceptable to enslave people in the U.S. Now it's not. Decapitation used to be a form of punishment. Now it's not. Burning people at the stake for engaging in witchcraft was morally sound. Now it's not.

In Iran, you can be stoned to death or hanged publicly for kissing someone of the same sex or for showing your hair if you're a woman--now, today. What was that you said about objective morality?

Sorry, this logic fails miserably.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So these smart women who get knocked up should have no problem seeing images of their child before the abortion proceedure.
Do you really think you need to see something to know it's there? What do you propose they do with blind women?

Old 10-27-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
oh they come from my mother and father (they are my creators)? I didn't know my parents were able to create laws.

your fake imaginary man in the sky had no part in my "creation".
Laws and rights are not the same...

You might want to study up on this a little.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:08 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am awed by the absurdity of men debating about a medical procedure limited to women.

I just had a thought. Given modern genetic identification techniques to identify the father, society should irrevocably sterilize any male that creates an unwanted pregnancy. That would punish men for libertine behavior just as having the responsibility to complete an unwanted pregnancy punishes women.
I have no problem with that as long as the woman who actually gets to kill is also sterilzed so that she cant get pregant again

Old 10-27-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
So can I.

What does a video about an embryo becoming a baby have to do with Abortion being legal?

I love watching these videos. Seeing women have the ability to dvelope a child.

doesn't mean I'm going to take away their rights to chose abortion if they want to.
Women don't have an 'ability' to develop a child(wait what?I thought it was a lump of cells,where did this child sneak into the picture??) it is simple biology.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
False. Its a nanti-women form of abuse to make a woman feel guilty about choosing abortion. Its claiming that women are inherently dumb/stupid that they don't know what abortion entails. Its nothing but propaganda
Guilty?About what?
When you take a dog to the pound,do you REALLY think it is going to go to a good home?I mean I know americans cannot stand facts and hard truth but an abortion kills a human...you should feel guilty about that.

Quote:
Women already know what abortion is. You think so lowly of them?
Well you seem to think being reminded they are killing a human is something to be hidden and ignored,that IS kind of low.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
and I know a couple of women, who got pregnant (one was in an abusive relationship, the other was the wife of a soldier who was deployed).

Both had abortions. Both have a form of regret, but at the time they understood that it was the best decision to make for the situation they were in.
My biological mother aborted her first pregnancy at age 14. She's an alcoholic and a drug addict and has been in prison for murder. She considered aborting me but I came out too early. She abandoned me at the hospital and the orphanage director came by later that day and brought me to the orphanage.

I got adopted, but this is the story of many orphans who never get adopted. I know orphans that were let out of the orphanage at 16 to fend for themselves, with serious emotional and mental disabilities. "Putting up for adoption" and "having the baby" aren't always the glorious choices they're made out to be. People need to consider the circumstances in which a baby may be born before judging someone for having an abortion.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Who cares why she doesn't want to see it. The real question is what business of yours is it to force her to go through with this medical procedure.
Perhaps it is the same business that allows society to restrict a woman from having an abortion for a third of her pregnancy....

Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Lightbulb There's Only ONE Reason A Woman Doesn't Want To See Her Pre-Aborted Fetus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
....because deep down, in her heart of hearts where there's no such thing as being a Liberal or Conservative, she knows that what she's doing is not right. Otherwise, it would be like looking at any other picture and wouldnt' have any effect. But it does have an effect. That's why she doesn't want to see it.

And that's why there's so much resistance to laws requiring an ultrasound before having an abortion. Out of sight, out of mind is the name of the game. Not seeing the fetus would help her to ignore the consequences.

I know it. You know it. We all know it. But for some reason, every other excuse in the book is pulled out by those who have a problem with it.

Yep...

There's Only ONE Reason A Control Freak Wants To Force a Woman To See Her Pre-Aborted Fetus...

Control.

Some guys just love to have the government in women's panties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies