Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 07:34 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,164,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I will have to change the deductable on my All Income from All Sources income tax from 90th percentile to the 98th percentile. Anyone making under about 250k pays no federal income tax. The rest pay all of the government's operating costs. They benefit the most so they pay the most.
As long as you don't have to pay anything and you still get the benefits, right?

I can see that 'ME' is a big word in your vocabulary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 08:32 AM

11,999 posts, read 12,863,372 times
A strong middle class is ESSENTIAL to a healthy economy. Read the following article and you will realize that the elites cannot keep growing wealth at astronomical rates while the rest of the population continues to decline.
Henry Ford knew that his workers needed a pay high enough to afford his product. What we are going through is not sustainable and the comparisons to The Great Depression and how much wealth the top 10% owned then and now is very eerie.

What is even scarier is that the exact same banks, (Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, and Goldman Sachs), caused the 1929 and 2008 market crashes and came out more powerful and profitable than ever after each crisis. Wake up People! Join a Credit Union today!

80 YEARS LATER – SAME CULPRITS, SAME RAGE « The Burning Platform

Old 10-27-2011, 09:30 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,975,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Only 9% of the current wealth of millionaires was inherited. The rest was earned. Or do you want to ignore that fact too?
There is trust fund wealth, corporate stockholder wealth.

The X Guru of GE Jack Welsh... received user rights to billions of dollars worth of perks rather than a big payout...

He can use any of the GE assets anytime.... how does one qualify that power?

The 1% are not those that make $350,000 a yr.

I've made that after tax and remained in the 5%.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:46 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,488,210 times
68% of millionaires agree with Buffet tax increase per WSJ article today.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,164,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
There is trust fund wealth, corporate stockholder wealth.

The X Guru of GE Jack Welsh... received user rights to billions of dollars worth of perks rather than a big payout...

He can use any of the GE assets anytime.... how does one qualify that power?

The 1% are not those that make $350,000 a yr.

I've made that after tax and remained in the 5%.
Personally? I spend time studying how to invest myself rather than spending time whining about how other people have more money than I do.

There are two types of people: those who complain about how much other people have and those who work to better themselves. I have personally never been big on whining. You might be different, however.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:12 AM

45,306 posts, read 26,848,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
It's not the 1% who control anything. It's the top 60 families. The top 0.000001%. These are for the most part people that the idiot OWS protesters have never heard of. Bill Gates is rich as an individual is concerned but the WalMart family wields more wealth and more power than he could ever dream of. The families that control companies like Cargill, and Seaboard. Those are the real rich elite that are ruining our country and buying our government.
So now you want to move the bar. Now the movement will be the 99.999999%ers?

Private citizens have no control over legislation and regulations - until some people in government allow themselves to be bought and influenced. This all starts at the government level.

The tea party went after the correct target. OWS is off the mark.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:04 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,508,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post

Right on, WS.
Fake or it better be or he can kiss his career goodbye. Conservatives do not watch movies starring black actors. No matter how light they are.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM

29,958 posts, read 18,520,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Fake or it better be or he can kiss his career goodbye. Conservatives do not watch movies starring black actors. No matter how light they are.

???????? Where the hell do you get this? I think I have seen every Denzel Washington movie he has ever made. I really like most Morgan Freeman movies, despite him being a big lib.

It is amazing to hear what liberals think, as apparently they do very little thinking.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,774,006 times
The 99% is a slogan. Like TEA (taxed enough already) Party. No one knows who made these up, they just caught on.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:28 PM

416 posts, read 635,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I will have to change the deductable on my All Income from All Sources income tax from 90th percentile to the 98th percentile. Anyone making under about 250k pays no federal income tax. The rest pay all of the government's operating costs. They benefit the most so they pay the most.

Really? no one earning <$250k pays taxes.

I wonder where my bi-weekly income tax deduction is going? I'm certainly not getting it all back at the end of a tax year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies