Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 10:41 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post

I'm fascinated by the notion that humanity is disease.
You're the one that made the claim. If your so fascinated by it, then maybe you should further research and support your claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 10:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
no it isn't. Birth control pill still can fail. Condoms still can break.
I know, right? .001% is an absolute tragedy for women's rights and an absolute tragedy of a percentage to take for the parasite promoters.

Who's going to keep Mary Kay in business?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:45 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Then the premise of the OP is crap, which is my point.

You think promiscuity should be rewarded with entitlement.
Ummm.......are you aware that MANY of the women who abort are married?

Were they being promiscuous?

And.....why is that you want to reward women who choose life, no matter what, by allowing their children to go homeless and starve.....like they do in third world countries? Or.....do you want them to be forced to put the child up for adoption because they are poor?

The lack of entitlements in third world countries does not stop people from having sex and making babies they can't feed.....does it?

So.....I guess punishing women by making them watch their babies starve to death isn't going to solve anything is it?

But then, maybe it will feed your ego because they got what they deserved.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
No, but instead of standing out front of abortion clinics with signs criticizing others, they could be holding signs that say "I WILL ADOPT YOUR CHILD. TALK TO ME BEFORE YOU KILL THEM".

I have yet to see a sign like this. Just the usual, judgmental, "My beliefs are better than yours, and because of that you're going to hell" stuff.

My friends used to go out and lob water balloons at these protesters, lol. Me? I was never anywhere near them when it happened, promise.

Adoption counseling not available?

That's so weird!

On TV I always see the pro-life people trying to hand the pregnant women adoption literature before the clinic workers rush them inside.

My sister had no trouble finding a nice couple to adopt her son.

In fact, the couples apply for a child with hat in hand. The final decision about who is awarded the adoption is made by the pregnant woman.

She asked a series of probing questions to make sure the couple who adopted her son were the right sort of people.

The first couple screwed-up on one of the the questions, but she only had to interview two couples before she found the perfect professional and Christian couple.

The adoption agency maintains a waiting list and the particular couple who adopted my nephew had been waiting two years for a child.

He's seventeen today, he lives locally, he went to great private schools and he plays hockey (I've seen his Facebook page).

He's a great kid.

So your friends are the sort of people who harass decent people who are trying to keep a child like my nephew from being killed?

And your worried about others being intolerant, self-righteous and judgmental?

1,147 posts, read 909,204 times
What kills me about this pro-life belief is this.

They don't want to be taxed to feed the poor babies.

They don't want to be taxed to educate ANY of the babies.

They don't want to be taxed to give the babies health care.

They just want you to have them all, abort none, and raise them at least until they're 18 years old.

.........then they can vote to send them off to some middle-eastern dirt-hole so they can defend corporate interest with, duh-huh, their lives, for compensation that amounts to a pittance, under the guise of "preserving our freedom", and continue to impose their will on others.

It's like half the country, at LEAST, is mentally ill.

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
no it isn't. Birth control pill still can fail. Condoms still can break.
Do you know what the word "most" means???

Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,455 times
The whole "give me welfare if I have a baby" loop bores me now. It goes on forever in all the abortion threads.

The "babies aren't innocent because they make their mommies sick" thing is where it's at now.

Let's see where that leads, instead.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
It seems to me that most of the people on this thread arguing pro choice are women.

And the ones arguing pro life are men, who will NEVER EVER have to worry about getting pregnant.

Very interesting, and makes me lean more towards this being a control issue. It's easy to tell people what to do if you know you'll never have to go through it yourself.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
The whole "give me welfare if I have a baby" loop bores me now. It goes on forever in all the abortion threads.
Well you want to force women to have babies they don't want. Where else are they going to get the money to support them?

Are you going to adopt them? No?

Then who are you to determine what a woman does with her body?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Ohhh! I forgot. That 18th bra to uplift the breast. I mean why would any female need that? Or those G-string bikinis and underwear. Can't go without those. You gotta find a man after all... wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies