Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,273,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
It's pathetic to ask why his parents encourage him to "live like a girl?"

What does that mean, exactly?
It's pathetic to care. I have way too much stuff on my plate to worry about a child wanting to join the girl scouts.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,130,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
You call it modern I call it ass backwards disgusting filth. Difference is I am correct.
Quote:
Wow. Do you not get it chele? 50 year old men who think they are women are just perverts trying to get to little kids. My god...is this the "modern" way of thinking?
Quote:
Yes I do realize there are adult mentally unstable people who think they were born in the wrong gender or body whatever they claim. These people need to be eradicated from the gene pool.
You seem obsessed with sexuality if you consider gender identity to be anything sexual. The ignorance of your posts is astounding. Your refusal to even consider or understand counterarguments only cements this assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
BS the parents are nuts and their encouraging their 7yr old son to be a sissy...
Any boy who acts like a girl is NOT less of a boy. What you're really doing is insulting the female gender. Is a girl who acts like a boy less of a girl? The time of black and white thinking is coming to an end and it's scaring the hell out of a lot of people, conservatives especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Gender is determined by chromosomes and genitalia. A true hermaphrodite or someone born with imbalanced sex chromosomes have a physiological problem that will need to be addressed somehow. In the absence of these two conditions, gender confusion is a mental illness.

Welcome to the new child abuse of the 21st Century. These children would never get such ideas in their head if their parents did not put them there. The only silver lining here is that such sociopaths illuminate the malevolent insanity of society's meandering down the path of deviancy, and will force the average person to take a stand.
Not you again. Physical and mental/emotional gender are mutually exclusive. What you seem to think of as a deliberate attempt at deviancy is just a normal, but rare, expression of the human condition that is forcing us to reevaluate ourselves. It scares you, doesn't it? So you think it must be wrong and it must be opposed. And, as with most conservatives, there must be some evil motive behind such a trend because there's no way that paradigm shifts are natural! Change is what conservatives fear the most and it is unavoidable.

I could tell you my own story to disprove your views, but I think I'll restrain myself.

I think this boy should join the Boy Scouts and partake in those activities in whatever clothing he wants. If he doesn't like it, then he can stop attending. I believe he is too young to have such an integral identity shift encouraged, though I kept my struggle inside at that age. The mother needed to try harder in gently encouraging him towards a male identity, but we don't know how much has occurred before this point in time. Despite my own experience, this boy's desire to be a girl should be a private matter since its exposure to other children has unknown and immeasurable repercussions. Once he is old enough to decide for himself and understands the impact such a decision will have on those around him, then the "lid comes off" and he should enjoy the full support of his family and friends...

....AND US. The world's too awful by itself to not let someone be themselves when that state of being threatens nothing but our limiting beliefs.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,293,746 times
Just make that kid watch spongebob squarepants.

That ought to straighten him out.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You seem obsessed with sexuality if you consider gender identity to be anything sexual. The ignorance of your posts is astounding. Your refusal to even consider or understand counterarguments only cements this assessment.

Any boy who acts like a girl is NOT less of a boy. What you're really doing is insulting the female gender. Is a girl who acts like a boy less of a girl? The time of black and white thinking is coming to an end and it's scaring the hell out of a lot of people, conservatives especially.

Not you again. Physical and mental/emotional gender are mutually exclusive. What you seem to think of as a deliberate attempt at deviancy is just a normal, but rare, expression of the human condition that is forcing us to reevaluate ourselves. It scares you, doesn't it? So you think it must be wrong and it must be opposed. And, as with most conservatives, there must be some evil motive behind such a trend because there's no way that paradigm shifts are natural! Change is what conservatives fear the most and it is unavoidable.

My parents didn't know I wanted to be another gender so they didn't indoctrinate me as you suggest this mother did. If I was mentally ill, again another suggestion of yours, it was because the person who molested me was the same gender and, as is often the case, the abused overlays the social standard onto themselves. They think they are the opposite sex since sexual activity and mating is primarily with opposites. I matured enough to realize that gender is not absolute and comes in a rainbow of colors, not just black and white. We get to pick and choose whatever color we want.

I think this boy should join the Boy Scouts and partake in those activities in whatever clothing he wants. If he doesn't like it, then he can stop attending. I believe he is too young to have such an integral identity shift encouraged, though I kept my struggle inside at that age. The mother needed to try harder in gently encouraging him towards a male identity, but we don't know how much has occurred before this point in time. Despite my own experience, this boy's desire to be a girl should be a private matter since its introduction to other children has unknown and immeasurable repercussions. Once he is old enough to decide for himself and understands the impact such a decision will have on those around him, then the "lid comes off" and he should enjoy the full support of his family and friends...

....AND US. The world's too awful by itself to not let someone be themselves when that state of being threatens nothing but our limiting beliefs.
Any boy can be a girl if just because he says so?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:29 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,769 times
If the Girl Scouts of America and/or the troop that he wants to join, doesn't care one iota, why is there any argument here?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:31 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,273,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
If the Girl Scouts of America and/or the troop that he wants to join, doesn't care one iota, why is there any argument here?
Can't argue with that. Perhaps they want big gubiment to step in and do something. Save us big gubiment, save us.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:32 PM

1,147 posts, read 908,065 times
Quote:
I think the outrage is with parents no longer willing to give direction, and instead encourage any idea the child comes up with.

This one is a little over the top.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:34 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,955 times
Quote:
What is "a boy living as a girl?"

Old 10-26-2011, 11:34 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,130,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Any boy can be a girl if just because he says so?
What do you mean by "can"? My general answer would be yes but you ask without any context. If it's what he wants, why waste energy over the possibility of ruining his life just to impose some fictitious rigid standard? Can a girl be a boy if she wants? Also, yes. What is so sacred about maintaining a division when gradations obviously exist?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,582,558 times
I wanted to join the Boy Scouts when I was growing up, but girls weren't allowed. I joined the Girl Scouts but found them too frivolous and boring, so I ended up joining 4H. I was allowed to shoot guns AND sew! What a concept!

Most of my hobbies are 'manly', I'm an aircraft mechanic, I work on cars and weld for hobbies and yet... I'm still a heterosexual female. Weird how that works. I guess women can act like men and men can act like women sometimes and still turn out okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.