Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 07:03 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,962,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If you are a "professional journalist" you have zero credibility IMO "dear". Condescending is never good.
You missed my point, as you are missing most of the points.

My point: journalists are writing the crap that you are reading in your mainstream media, as dictated to them by the very small handful (worldwide) of all the media (worldwide). As a journalist I was told to cover up a story on a dangerous nuclear power plant, which I refused to do. Hence left that honorable profession.

Your ultraconservative media is doing its darnedest to discredit anyone who protests the government. Funny they didn't do too much of that to the Teabaggers. Those who say the media are liberal are way, way off base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 07:03 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Haha, I am a professional journalist. The media lies, dear. And if it's Fox News you're listening to....
The mainstream media is blatantly biased towards progressive liberals and has no problems lying to try and brainwash the public.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
If you are a "professional journalist" you have zero credibility IMO "dear". Condescending is never good.
The unintended irony contained within this post is almost unbearable.

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Perhaps vets should hold up signs saying they that are not subject to violence because they are vets even if they are in an unruly crowd. I am sure the police can exempt them from consequences.

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
1. Don't join the Marine Corps if you are afraid of injury.
2. You didn't follow in your relatives footsteps, your opinion means nothing
So soldiers fight for the freedoms of all Americans now except those that don't agree? You didn't learn much if you actually ever were in the military to begin with did you.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:06 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
You missed my point, as you are missing most of the points.

My point: journalists are writing the crap that you are reading in your mainstream media, as dictated to them by the very small handful (worldwide) of all the media (worldwide). As a journalist I was told to cover up a story on a dangerous nuclear power plant, which I refused to do. Hence left that honorable profession.

Your ultraconservative media is doing its darnedest to discredit anyone who protests the government. Funny they didn't do too much of that to the Teabaggers. Those who say the media are liberal are way, way off base.
Your assumption that I only watch/listen to ultraconservative media is ignorant and incorrect. You need to stop referring to yourself as a journalist since you have such obvious bias. You give true journalists a bad name.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:07 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,962,233 times
Quote:
You have got to be kidding me! You claim to be a "professional journalist" yet proudly display your bias. You are a phony "dear".
Have you never heard of investigative journalism? Hint: It has to do with investigation.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So soldiers fight for the freedoms of all Americans now except those that don't agree? You didn't learn much if you actually ever were in the military to begin with did you.
Yes... they fought for our freedom of speech... then a veteran gets shot in the face with a tear gas canister while excercising his freedom of speech... Bad move by the Oakland Police... Bad move...

Old 10-28-2011, 07:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
Your assumption that I only watch/listen to ultraconservative media is ignorant and incorrect. You need to stop referring to yourself as a journalist since you have such obvious bias. You give true journalists a bad name.
I was a journalist, I still freelance occasionally.
Are all journalists that dont agree with your political agenda fakes and phonies?

Old 10-28-2011, 07:09 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
1. Don't join the Marine Corps if you are afraid of injury.
2. You didn't follow in your relatives footsteps, your opinion means nothing

Sorry. I was too busy doing medical research. I now do a day a week at the VA, which I figure "squares it" for me. What do you do?

My father and I sat in a bar for a few hours and discussed whether to join the marines or continue with academics. I followed the advice of a marine I trust quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies