Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:07 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Any statement, post, or article that lumps all the OWS protesters into one single idea or purpose is stupid, uninformed, ignorant and un-American.

Anyone who doesn't like Americans protesting is anti-American and un-American.....and more likely...just plain yellow bellied scared....

What they're afraid of??? Who knows what goes on in tiny tiny tiny minds....
Thats a good description of our current republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 11:13 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
The OP poster is funny. A resolute Tea Partier regarding government as the hero.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:13 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Any statement, post, or article that lumps all the OWS protesters into one single idea or purpose is stupid, uninformed, ignorant and un-American.

Anyone who doesn't like Americans protesting is anti-American and un-American.....and more likely...just plain yellow bellied scared....

What they're afraid of??? Who knows what goes on in tiny tiny tiny minds....
LOL. Common sense is what goes on. Sadly that concept is lost to many in this country.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The OP poster is funny. A resolute Tea Partier regarding government as the hero.
No the tea party is trying to change the government so it represents the people. You folks just think a bunch of screaming is what it takes. Scream away and remain insignifigant unless you consider making youtube peeing on the street as something noteworthy.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL. Common sense is what goes on. Sadly that concept is lost to many in this country.
Common sense?

Where?

It isn't common sense to be afraid of Americans protesting.

It isn't common sense to imply all protesters are rapists.

It isn't common sense to say none of them want to work.

It isn't common sense to say they're all lazy.

It isn't common sense to say they ALL think one way or another.

It isn't common sense to say they ALL are protesting for one reason.

It isn't comon sense to say they're only screaming.

It isn't common sense to say they all pee in public.

It isn't common sense ...well, there's a pretty conclusive list of why Repugs have no common sense.....

Old 10-27-2011, 11:19 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
No the tea party is trying to change the government so it represents the people. You folks just think a bunch of screaming is what it takes. Scream away and remain insignifigant unless you consider making youtube peeing on the street as something noteworthy.
Pushing protestors away from their right to protest. How's that working out for the people?

Old 10-27-2011, 11:21 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
The Tea Party is nothing but a bunch of loons who take over parks and rant and rave about small government and then back idiots who only want big government and are against middle America. But you go ahead and keep supporting this moronic tea partiers. Talk about un-american.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
AND the biggest lack of intelligence and common sense is shown by the totally brain dead idiots who say the protesters are racist.

How ungodly stupid!

A N Y O N E can walk to the protest and hold up a sign or do whatever they want....

Poor stupid Repugs think it's a club you join with rules about who can join...."""It's a protest, STUPID!"""

Old 10-27-2011, 11:26 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Thomas Jefferson must be spinning in his grave.

Here are Americans, engaging in protests (which Jefferson always thought well of and even encouraged) and yet we have other Americans wishing to squash the protestors.

Sad.
Agreed. It's ok for the Tea Party folks and the Westboro Baptist nuts to gather but not the OWS people, who seem to represent a broad spectrum of the populace. Somehow I don't think that any of our Founding Fathers would approve.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Thomas Jefferson must be spinning in his grave.

Here are Americans, engaging in protests (which Jefferson always thought well of and even encouraged) and yet we have other Americans wishing to squash the protestors.

Sad.
Actually I take exception to your observation, as it's incomplete and takes no consideration as to WHY other Americans wish to "Squash", (though I believe "QUASH" is a more accurate term), the protest.

Many Americans have no problems with people protesting, however -

If you have a permit and it runs out, get another one or go somewhere else. Laws are there to protect the protestors AND other people.

If you are on PRIVATE property, respect that, and take care of it, as you would your own house. People aren't doing this, we see pictures of people defecating on cars, and stories of people beating on drums all night, being completely oblivious to their impact on other people. I don't mind you protesting, but when you impact on me and my family, and I ask politely that you respect me, as you are asking that we respect you, and if you refuse, then yes, we are going to have a problem.

Requiring respect from others, while refusing to respect them, is not only going to garner a refusal to accept your protest, but cheer on everyone who disrupts the protesters.

Protest away, but respect others, respect the laws in your local area, and MAYBE, you will get the attention you desire, instead of unwanted attention.

Jefferson - note the respect for the property of those who don't agree with him.

Quote:
3268. FRIENDS, Inconstant.—During the whole of the Revolutionary war, which was trying enough. I never deserted a friend because he had taken an opposite side: and those of my own State, who joined the British government, can attest my unremitting zeal in saving their property, and can point out the laws in our statute book which I drew, and carried through in their favor. However, I have seen during the late political paroxysm here [Philadelphia] numbers whom I had highly esteemed, draw off from me insomuch as to cross the street to avoid meeting me. The fever is abating, and doubtless some of them will correct the momentary wanderings of their heart, and return again. If they do, they will meet the constancy of
my esteem, and the same oblivion of this as of any other delirium which might happen to them.—To William Hamilton. Ford Ed., vii, 441. (Pa., 1800.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies