Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 06:56 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Why should Muslim tax dollars fund loans to a school for students to attend, that discriminates against them?

The Catholic University of America has joined forces with the U.S. Department of Education and will participate in the Federal Direct Loan Program. Starting with the 2009/2010 academic year (fall 2009/spring 2010), Catholic University will be processing all federal loan programs exclusively through the Direct Loan Program.

You want to treat Muslims differently? Fine. Don't do it on my tax dollar.

Do you understand what a private university is?

You don't go to a Catholic university and then start telling them how to run THEIR SCHOOL.

Just like a New Yorker who moves to TN and then starts telling the locals how things should be done.

Or Catholics going to Oral Roberts University and objecting to Mormon beliefs.

No difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
HA! No. Just pointing out your muslim hypocrisy. Carry on with your feigned indignation over what a PRIVATE school does. Would anyone here really care if an Islamic school didn't accommodate every other religion in the world? It's an Islamic school. I don't go into a butcher shop and then get offended that they sell meat. I don't go to a mosque and get offended that there aren't crosses on the walls. I don't go to a gay bar and get offended that men are kissing one another. And, I don't get my panties in a wad when I go to a Turkish restaurant and don't see pork on the menu!
Exactly.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

You don't go to a Catholic university and then start telling them how to run THEIR SCHOOL.

Just like a New Yorker who moves to TN and then starts telling the locals how things should be done.

No difference.
I think we all now know who the real bigot is on this thread. So, a PRIVATE Catholic university is supposed to confirm to the Muslims' ridiculous demands, but Christians are not allowed to make the same demand? This isn't even liberal hypocrisy. This is the mindset of the lunatic fringe of the left.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:07 PM

227 posts, read 140,970 times
Quote:
Why should Muslim tax dollars fund loans to a school for students to attend, that discriminates against them?

The Catholic University of America has joined forces with the U.S. Department of Education and will participate in the Federal Direct Loan Program. Starting with the 2009/2010 academic year (fall 2009/spring 2010), Catholic University will be processing all federal loan programs exclusively through the Direct Loan Program.

thanks for making the case against the Gov being in the student loan business.

thanks for playing

liberal are so easy

Just like with healthcare. You can't have salt or a happy meal since I have to pay taxes to pay for your healthcare.

See what happens when the gov gets involved. They get way to much power and we lose more and more freedoms. Like a private Catholic school

Old 10-27-2011, 07:10 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:

I think that's a great idea. No federal funding for student loans which really only serves to drive up the cost of the education.

Otherwise, if the cross is a problem go study the hell somewhere else. Like... Mecca

Old 10-27-2011, 07:12 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I think that's a great idea. No federal funding for student loans which really only serves to drive up the cost of the education.

Otherwise, if the cross is a problem go study the hell somewhere else. Like... Mecca
Apparently you missed the note where Christians, Jews, atheists, Buddhists, etc. are supposed to accommodate whatever the Muslim demands, even the most outrageous. We don't want the poor babies to be offended do you? God forbid, sorry I mean Allah, forbid we offend them

Old 10-27-2011, 07:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Apparently you missed the note where Christians, Jews, atheists, Buddhists, etc. are supposed to accommodate whatever the Muslim demands, even the most outrageous. We don't want the poor babies to be offended do you? God forbid, sorry I mean Allah, forbid we offend them
No. I saw the memo, then I burned it. Screw 'em, with a jack hammer.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:

No difference.
Yet another poster too lazy to read the thread.....amazing.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:34 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
I'm afraid I don't get it. I wouldn't think you'd hear many Mormon beliefs making the rounds at Oral Roberts University.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm afraid I don't get it.
He thinks if you don't adhere to the religion of the private College you attend (that accepts Federal funding) then they are free to discriminate against you on religious grounds.

Maybe he lives in Ireland and is unfamiliar with our laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies