Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I haven't seen any footage of the protesters attacking the police. Just because the police said they did doesn't make it a fact.

then you arent looking. video was posted on this board yesterday of 5 Police officers surrounded by an angry mob throwing stuff at them.

that was just one small video.

Here is Dallas the OWS idiots were being arrested and complaining they had done nothing. then the local news showed the full video, these idiots were blocking the doorway to a bank. they had soaked bandanas over their faces to deal with the expected tear gas... this was what they were hoping for. they had lawyers phone numbers written in sharpie on their arms for when they got arrested.

this is what they do, they break the law, then try to spin it that they are victems.

they arent. they are thugs and punks who need jail time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 02:03 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
had my eyes checked a couple weeks ago. I can drive without glasses, can see 20/15 with glasses.

there was no felony in that video.
So they shoot a guy in the head and people go to his aid then they toss a flash bang at em...

Nobody's charging at the cops, it's not self defense...

If the cops felt threatened they could have called for backup, there was no crime in progress that warranted that kind of assault...

I don't agree with a lot of these Occupussies, but I disagree with a Police state, what happens when they shoot you???

Old 10-27-2011, 02:04 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,147 times
Quote:
We are talking about Oakland on October 25th, right?
Yep.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:04 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
What on earth is wrong with some of you people...These protesters are exercising their first amendment rights in the same way the people did when your country was founded. They are patriots and do not deserve to be smeared with all the lies spread about them.
The truth can be found here... The Demographics Of Occupy Wall Street | Fast Company

Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
So they shoot a guy in the head and people go to his aid then they toss a flash bang at em...

If the cops felt threatened they could have called for backup, there was no crime in progress that warranted that kind of assault...

I don't agree with a lot of these Occupussies, but I disagree a Police state, what happens when they shoot you???
They shot a guy in the head? Really? Hmmmm...

Old 10-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So fire into the crowd and let God sort them out?
That phrase generally applies to killing people. tear gas as a means to disperse illegal gatherings on the street really isn't a new development in policing.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:06 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Yep.
I haven't seen any such footage in Oakland from the 25th. If you have something, feel free to share it.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen any such footage in Oakland from the 25th. If you have something, feel free to share it.
Just do a search on liveleak or google for videos. Theres one with a few riot police surrounded by a large mob throwing paint on the cops and calling them pigs.

However, all this is moot - the protestors were given a lawful order to disperse and chose to ignore it - at that point the police use force. Tear gas is pretty effective, unless you'd prefer the police swoop in with their batons and bean bag shotguns to disperse the crowd?

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE

So, which felony did they commit

It's amazing what you can get away with under color of law.

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post

I don't agree with a lot of these Occupussies, but I disagree with a Police state, what happens when they shoot you???
sorry, the video here is from an idiot occupyer.

you think im going to accept this as the simple reality? we have no context here. we have no idea what happened in the minutes before this.

Not one single thing happened out of order. the guy should have been moving back. He didnt because he WANTED to get hurt so he could make the cops out to be bad guys. THIS IS WHAT THESE IDIOTS DO.

It is their playbook. they are anarchist trying to create a police state, to get you and me to be mad at the Po-po. Im not falling for it.

I am calling for more flash-bangs! blow up the idiots. the smell of gunpowder is better than their unwashed bodies!

PS I am not spell checking in hopes of offending liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies