Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times

Advertisements

The communist supporter Rosa DeLauro has got to go. Because getting $1200.00 per month per child from the state for daycare is not enough, she thinks we should purchase diapers for them too. Hell, why not.

Rep. Rosa DeLauro Pushes Bill That Gives Free Diapers to the Poor - HUMAN EVENTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 09:53 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Rosa DeLauro has got to go.
I've been saying that for years. Unless the 3rd district is redrawn, we will be stuck with her until she doesn't want the job.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 AM

453 posts, read 1,535,963 times
How about they use cloth diapers like many FRUGAL moms do?

Old 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM

941 posts, read 1,804,401 times
Wink free diapers

cloth diapers cause skin infections far more easily than one could imagine and then who will pay for those doctor visits and Rx..
its always something

Old 10-19-2011, 02:14 PM

442 posts, read 455,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
The communist supporter Rosa DeLauro has got to go. Because getting $1200.00 per month per child from the state for daycare is not enough, she thinks we should purchase diapers for them too. Hell, why not.

Rep. Rosa DeLauro Pushes Bill That Gives Free Diapers to the Poor - HUMAN EVENTS
Why? Because you disagree with her? There are obviously people who want her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottercutie View Post
How about they use cloth diapers like many FRUGAL moms do?
Did you even read the article? Sheesh.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:42 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,612 times
If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered - Proverbs 21: 13

Old 10-19-2011, 02:45 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
There are obviously people who want her.
I'll bash the people in my own town on this one.

Collectively, they're nothing but a bunch of lemmings that blindly cast their vote for a name that they recognize. She may be a pleasant lady, but it still doesn't change the fact she hasn't done jackspit for Stratford. The Avco/Textron debacle is beyond embarrassing now Rosa!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM

453 posts, read 1,535,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryswan View Post
cloth diapers cause skin infections far more easily than one could imagine and then who will pay for those doctor visits and Rx..
its always something
I've never had an issue with skin infections on either of my girls. My old DCP used mine for my girls. Current DCP changes DD2 every 2 hours, wet or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post

Did you even read the article? Sheesh.
4 times now since the first. What do you feel I am missing? Cloth can still be used in day care centers and in the home.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:59 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
They don't allow cloth diapers in day cares, that's why they don't use them.

However, I have a solution---potty train your kid! We're the only "civilized' country on earth that has kids in diapers at 3-4. Places like japan, much of Europe, consider it dirty and disgusting, and I agree. We encourage our kids to wear their toilets, way past the age they are capable of using a pot. Come on, its just a way for them to sell more diapers!

Oh, I know, I will get all sorts of flames, that traumatized a kid, etc, etc......well, if you can't afford it.........

Especially poorer and 3rd world countries, train their kids as soon as they are physically capable, about one year old. Simply because they can't afford diapers, even cloth require washing, water, detergent, utilities, etc. The sooner the kid is out of diapers, the less that expense.

Of course, diapers cost money, so does everything else a kid uses. What next, we provide teens with tampons and pads so they can go to school?

Old 10-19-2011, 03:13 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered - Proverbs 21: 13
Well already give them $2400 a month for two diaper aged kids to go to daycare. Anything else you would like to add? Perhaps a car? House?
7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. 10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “If a man will not work, he shall not eat.” 2 Thessalonains 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
What next, we provide teens with tampons and pads so they can go to school?
LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies