Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,923,967 times

Advertisements

Somehow I don't think 95% of African Americans will be voting for Cain... even though he is very black. Now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
It's the WAY they go about opposing his policies. They are beyond disrespectful. I have never heard Obama being anything but respectful... Even when he should probably rip them a new one.

I honestly have yet to meet a white person who could seriously articulate a reason not to like Obama.

Not to mention that politics aside, the office of President is entitled to a certain amount of respect. Bush got way more general respect and he wrecked this country.
really? obama never disrespectful? how about when he said "when they bring a knife, we bring a gun" when talking about his political opponents? his speeches are rife with such examples. he blames the republicans for blocking the legislation he backs, but forgets to tell you that the democrats also block what he wants to do. as for the way republicans go about opposing obamas policies, in what manner are they disrespectful? gee whiz we cant let obama get his way on this because it will destroy the economy in our minds, so we will vote against it. wow that is real disrespectful there all right.

obama, clinton and even carter constantly tried to blame others for their problems. clinton presided over decent economic times, but carter was booted from office after one term.

the republicans are doing the job we sent them to do, and that is to reign in government spending. they can only do so much though since they control one house of congress.

since i have never met obama personally i dont know if i like him personally or not. if we met, who knows we could be the best of friends, but i DO know that i dont like his politics, and his policies, and i would tell him so in person. but just because i dont like someones politics, doesnt mean i cant be friends with them.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Somehow I don't think 95% of African Americans will be voting for Cain... even though he is very black. Now what?
he doesnt need 95%. in fact cain suggests that if he were running against obama, he would get about 30% of the black vote, and if the numbers from previous elections hold true, that may be enough for cain to beat obama in the general election.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:38 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,500,690 times
By "his place" do we mean the Presidency or the CEO of a large corporation?

Old 10-29-2011, 12:43 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,513,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Herman Cain is a former ballistics expert which means he was a former rocket scientist as well as a mathematician. He's much smarter than Palin....as is most of the population.
Is that the new logic I've heard about....... Get a grip.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:12 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Of course it's true, lol. It's the same reason they supported Palin. The woman shares DNA with vegetables.

...but the right thought "Uh....... duh....... If we run a wuh-man for office then maybe them stupid liberals will vote for her. Eh heh heh, heh heh........... What do you think, Beavis?"

Same goes for Cain. He might be a LITTLE smarter than Palin............ but not much.
He also has to be smarter than republicans, and anyone else for that matter, to support someone or base a vote on the color of someone's skin.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:04 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
A Black Man Who Knows His Place

On Martin Bashir's television program this afternoon, Democratic strategist and MSNBC analyst Karen Finney said that Republicans are supporting Herman Cain because of his race.
How ironic her anger towards him is because he is not where she thinks he belongs politically because of his race, firmly on the Dem plantation.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:07 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
he doesnt need 95%. in fact cain suggests that if he were running against obama, he would get about 30% of the black vote, and if the numbers from previous elections hold true, that may be enough for cain to beat obama in the general election.
He wouldn't get 30% he'd be lucky if he got 10%. The Black vote is irrelevant for the most part. In some states turnout is a factor but for the majority of the country the black vote just doesn't come into play.

Basically the black community has ceded whatever political capital it has by being so one sided.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:47 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
That simply goes against the accusation that blacks vote solely on racial lines.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:19 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
A Black Man Who Knows His Place

On Martin Bashir's television program this afternoon, Democratic strategist and MSNBC analyst Karen Finney said that Republicans are supporting Herman Cain because of his race.
I fail to see exactly how Cain is really anything more than the Republican "answer" to Obama. Much of his support by white conservatives is probably underpinned by an unstated, ironic need for racial self-validation, for what better way to "prove" to skeptical Dems that you are indeed colorblind than to throw your support behind a (100% black as opposed to 50% black) conservative who echoes your sentiments but who would dare not summon the audacity to level any racial accusation against you, all while remaining "free" to do so against white Democrat "plantation overseers"?

Last edited by MrSykes; 10-29-2011 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies