Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:49 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

Wisconson's new concealled carry law is now in effect. This finally gives law abiding citizens the right to exercise their constitutional right to self defense. This leaves Illinois the last state in the nation to deny citizens that right. As such, Illinois largely remains a safe zone for criminals and criminal activity.

Concealed carry gun law takes effect in Wisconsin - TwinCities.com

Quote:
Tens of thousands of people downloaded permit applications within hours of Wisconsin's new concealed carry law that took effect Tuesday, underscoring gun enthusiasts' pent-up frustration over years of waiting for authorization to carry weapons.
Forty-eight other states allow some form of concealed carry. Debate has raged for years in Wisconsin over whether allowing hidden weapons would make people safer or lead to more violence, but Republicans finally passed a law this summer allowing the practice. Tuesday was the first day state residents could apply for a permit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Yep, we Illinoisans are ruled by the democrats in power. How is the gun related crime rate in Chicago you ask? Shouldn't it be near zero since C(r)ook County has the strictest gun laws in the nation? That's what we are told is supposed to happen. Wonder why it's the reverse?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Yep, we Illinoisans are ruled by the democrats in power. How is the gun related crime rate in Chicago you ask? Shouldn't it be near zero since C(r)ook County has the strictest gun laws in the nation? That's what we are told is supposed to happen. Wonder why it's the reverse?
Shut up, conspiracy theorist. Gun control works! Crook County is the safest place in the country thanks to common-sense, strict gun control. Take the tinfoil helmet off and see the facts for yourself.

Sorry. The Brady Campaign made me post that

Old 11-02-2011, 09:20 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Well liberals seem to like anything they can call "progress" so they should be progressive and catch up with the rest of the country.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 AM

300 posts, read 250,404 times
How anyone can actually live in IL is a true mystery.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Shut up, conspiracy theorist. Gun control works! Crook County is the safest place in the country thanks to common-sense, strict gun control. Take the tinfoil helmet off and see the facts for yourself.

Sorry. The Brady Campaign made me post that
I know, I know. My bad. I'll just pretend that Chicago doesn't have one of the highest violent crime rates in the nation. Yay for liberal agendas in action!!!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:05 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I know, I know. My bad. I'll just pretend that Chicago doesn't have one of the highest violent crime rates in the nation. Yay for liberal agendas in action!!!
Studies have shown that access to guns doesn't impact violence, one way or another, either decreasing or increasing. Just like police cameras on streets. What it does imact is the probabilty of getting caught. When guns are used in crimes versus other weapons, the chances of getting caught are much slimmer, for various reasons.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:05 AM

86 posts, read 123,937 times
This place is pathetic. Mayor Daley at the time cried like a little pansy for the National guard when South Chicago was burning. He couldnt control his own city, yet the big brave man found it convenient to keep law abiding citizens 2nd Amendment rights as far at bay as possible! Now flash mobs of a certain color of people in downtown Chicago threaten businesses and harm people. But lets keep guns out of the hands of people that obey the law. Great job Chicago keep it real

Old 11-02-2011, 11:07 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Wisconson's new concealled carry law is now in effect. This finally gives law abiding citizens the right to exercise their constitutional right to self defense. This leaves Illinois the last state in the nation to deny citizens that right. As such, Illinois largely remains a safe zone for criminals and criminal activity.

Concealed carry gun law takes effect in Wisconsin - TwinCities.com
Just a thought: maybe WI finally got their act together because of the sewer rats (felons and gang members) migrating into the state from IL, specifically Chicago.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:11 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Studies have shown that access to guns doesn't impact violence, one way or another, either decreasing or increasing. Just like police cameras on streets. What it does imact is the probabilty of getting caught. When guns are used in crimes versus other weapons, the chances of getting caught are much slimmer, for various reasons.
Please link these studies you claim using a source other than the Brady Campaign and their anti-gun affiliate organizations.

The following links would seem to refute your above statement:

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/493636.html

http://intelligencesquaredus.org/wp-...ime-102808.pdf

http://hematite.com/dragon/usatodayccw.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies