Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 PM

443 posts, read 597,253 times

Advertisements

Meh, old republican protesters considering themselves "libertarian" vs young burned out hipster protesters arguing who does it better. It's entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,124,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Actually, there is no proof the congressman was spit at. I watched the film over and over and no spit can be seen.

The Tea Partiers, for the most part, were actual contributors to society that just wanted the gubmint to stop being fiscally irresponsible.

A large percentage of the OWS mobs are life's losers. No drive, no ambition, lazy punks.

It's no wonder both movements are so different.
Once this story went viral among those of the left it became true to many of them and they never will admit that they are stringing Pelosi on us although I am sure most of them know the truth.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 PM

773 posts, read 500,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
From what I've seen, the Occupy events have been much more violent and uncivilized.
I generally disagree with 99% of your posts, yes pun intended, but I completely applaud you in this case for being honest. That was refreshing. It's too bad more liberals cannot admit what is happening, especially the ones in Washington.

Rep points coming your way for this part of your post.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:57 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,367,487 times
Quote:
From what I've seen, the Occupy events have been much more violent and uncivilized. I wish it weren't true because I generally support liberal causes.

I thought it was terrible when a tea partier spit in a Congressman's face outside the steps of the Capitol in DC, but that's turned out to be child's play compared to the outlandish behavior at some of these Occupy events.
I've seen a lot of unprovoked violence being administered by police. All the resistance I've seen from OWS so far has been passive.

Yes, they refused to disperse when ordered to do so. Good for them! As long as they sit down and link arms, they are acting in the great tradition of non-violent civil disobedience.

Imagine if the victims of the Boston Massacre had dispersed when the Red Coats ordered them too. Or if Rosa Parks had given up her seat on the bus. Or if King had quit after numerous arrests. The country wouldn't EXIST right now, or be worth living in.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,773,541 times
Quote:
From what I've seen, the Occupy events have been much more violent and uncivilized. I wish it weren't true because I generally support liberal causes.

I thought it was terrible when a tea partier spit in a Congressman's face outside the steps of the Capitol in DC, but that's turned out to be child's play compared to the outlandish behavior at some of these Occupy events.
Wow. Just have to say how surprised I am you're admitting this, although you DO have it wrong with the TPer "spitting" in the congressman's face.

The TP guy was turned, yelling with his hands cupped to his mouth and the congressman walked directly in front of him and then claimed he was spit on. Really, watch the tape.

But you ARE right, in that the OWS is much more violent, nasty, with unsavory characters engaging in drug use, defecating and urinating wherever they please and let's not even mention the sexual assaults, fights, intimidation and threats going on.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,124,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I've seen a lot of unprovoked violence being administered by police. All the resistance I've seen from OWS so far has been passive.

Yes, they refused to disperse when ordered to do so. Good for them! As long as they sit down and link arms, they are acting in the great tradition of non-violent civil disobedience.

Imagine if the victims of the Boston Massacre had dispersed when the Red Coats ordered them too. Or if Rosa Parks had given up her seat on the bus. Or if King had quit after numerous arrests. The country wouldn't EXIST right now, or be worth living in.
They had been ordered to disperse from that intersection so traffic could move and they were daring police to break them up. Have you ever seen the video of how they ran all over the place to get away from the tear gas? Very funny but I doubt you would watch it so you dig it up, yourself.

I really get a kick out of seeing you try to compare that crowd to Rosa Parks or any march Martin Luther king led. You are really something.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:48 AM

773 posts, read 500,830 times
Quote:
All the resistance I've seen from OWS so far has been passive.
So rape, crapping on vehicles, assault, disruption of businesses, occupying the inside of banks, public sex, drug use on public property are all passive?

WOW, I'd had to see non passive.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:43 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,321,827 times
One has to see the irony of these folks going communal and then summarily having to form groups of people to police themselves, to control the money and to speak for them all.

They could have just learned it in civics class if they'd just paid attention. Then they'd understand why we have the system we do and how to live in it and change it.

School of hard knocks I guess...

Old 10-30-2011, 10:45 AM

1,147 posts, read 905,610 times
Quote:

How many times have construction workers dropped a tool while working on a building vs. volleyball accidents involving Twinkies and olive oil?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:11 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,773,541 times
Quote:

How about when they start throwing rocks, bottles, paint, knocking cops off their motocycles, engaging in sexual assault, intimidation and threatening behavior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies