Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 05:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

From what I've seen, the Occupy events have been much more violent and uncivilized. I wish it weren't true because I generally support liberal causes.

I thought it was terrible when a tea partier spit in a Congressman's face outside the steps of the Capitol in DC, but that's turned out to be child's play compared to the outlandish behavior at some of these Occupy events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 06:19 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Spit in his face?
Really?

guy was shouting 'kill the bill' and sprayed the words...even the conggressman didn't believe he was spit upon.

Emanuel Cleaver Backpedals on Tea Party Spit Claim « The Republican Heretic

No comparison between Wall St Pros and Tparty. not worthy of discussion as clear evidence is available to answer that question even before it is asked.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:28 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
From what I've seen, the Occupy events have been much more violent and uncivilized. I wish it weren't true because I generally support liberal causes.

I thought it was terrible when a tea partier spit in a Congressman's face outside the steps of the Capitol in DC, but that's turned out to be child's play compared to the outlandish behavior at some of these Occupy events.
It wasn't even true. No one spit on anyone and there was a huge reward if there was ever proof of it.

You have to understand, this country is center-right. That makes anyone to the left of it more hostile, accordingly. A moderate might feel obligated to protest. A center-left person might feel obligates to get arrested. An outright leftist might feel if they're going to get arrested anyways someone must pay.

These are blatant generalizations but you get the point.

I applaud your honesty.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:10 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
You really don't have to fear folks that are carrying signs that say we want less government so keep your hands off my medicare. Mobility scooters are not real scary either unless they have some kind of mounted machine guns.
I know some of the teabaggers were carrying firearms to the limited demonstrations, but the majority that were "packing" had the most offensive weapon in their "depends"

Old 10-29-2011, 07:17 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
No way, not even close.

The TP were non violent groups who respected each other and the laws.

The nut jobs who are part of the Obama caused riots we are seeing are violent, mean, nasty, non working losers who have raped 14 year old girls, attacked policemen, trespassed, and broken one law after another because they feel they have the right to do whatever they want.

Easy to compare the numbers through arrest, rapes, attacks etc.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
You really don't have to fear folks that are carrying signs that say we want less government so keep your hands off my medicare. Mobility scooters are not real scary either unless they have some kind of mounted machine guns.
I know some of the teabaggers were carrying firearms to the limited demonstrations, but the majority that were "packing" had the most offensive weapon in their "depends"
Proud of this?

Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,757 times
Quote:
Obamacare is designed to gut Medicare.

Do you think people who have been promised Medicare all their lives should still get it?

Old 10-29-2011, 07:28 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:

I'm so glad people like you are around spreading nonsense to the uninformed so transparently. I won't try to reason with you about age and geo makeup of the Tea Party, I'll just say that I'd rather have people with experience and common sense rallying peacefully (as it should be) than people in diapers pitching tents, throwing rocks and bottles to represent my views.

I'm not a tea party member, but I know a few and they are nothing like you represent them to be. I'd suggest you actually meet a few before telling others what the tea party demographic is. You clearly have no clue.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:34 PM

773 posts, read 503,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Actually, there is no proof the congressman was spit at. I watched the film over and over and no spit can be seen.

The Tea Partiers, for the most part, were actual contributors to society that just wanted the gubmint to stop being fiscally irresponsible.

A large percentage of the OWS mobs are life's losers. No drive, no ambition, lazy punks.

It's no wonder both movements are so different.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'm so glad people like you are around spreading nonsense to the uninformed so transparently. I won't try to reason with you about age and geo makeup of the Tea Party, I'll just say that I'd rather have people with experience and common sense rallying peacefully (as it should be) than people in diapers pitching tents, throwing rocks and bottles to represent my views.

I'm not a tea party member, but I know a few and they are nothing like you represent them to be. I'd suggest you actually meet a few before telling others what the tea party demographic is. You clearly have no clue.
There was a media picture of a man carrying a slung rifle at one of the Tea Party meetings. The problem was that they showed only below his shoulders and when the whole picture came to view the man was black and anti- tea party, at that. Some people never did see the real picture of that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies