Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:05 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
You know I was severly homophobic once. I would call gay people "it" or "thing". I would constantly say rude and hatefull comments. Turns out I was gay.. You may want to explore a bit..
Science has actually shown homophobia tends to be a defense against one's own same-sex attractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Look at the above...I hope that it is sarcasm..cos' it sure looks like a spawn of BIG BROTHER speaking out. "don't have the RIGHT to not be offended"? What is this writer saying here? That no matter what goes on YOU have no right to complain? If someone smacks you across the face you are to remain quiet?
No, it means just because this offends him doesn't mean this high school is obligated to change their life to suit him. His feelings don't trump someone else's.

Quote:
It's not that the person you mention is "traumatized"...It sounds like they simply do not agree. So what is this modern world we live in all about? Are we to agree with EVERYTHING?
Of course not, and I never said he can't disagree. His disagreement, however, is a personal issue, not one that serves as the basis for changing other people's behavior.

Quote:
It might simply be a case of the mis-use of language...a KING is a male...to make a female a king is like saying that the word black is white..That darkness is light...If that be the case - and society insists that we say we can see in the dark - when we can not..then we all stumble around in dismay! Language has to be accurate. With out accuracy or literary and communiative map is useless...we have no idea where we are going!
Language changes all the time. Ancient Egypt has had "Female Kings", and since we're not talking about a Monarchy here, who gives a darn what a high school chooses to name someone for some silly dance title.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Lesbian student crowned homecoming king - NY Daily News

A FEMALE was crowned Homecoming King at a high school in San Diego. She also happens to be attracted to females. So instead of crowning a male as king as it shouldve been, they crowned the female couple so they could be King/Queen together.

I usually cant stand the gay topics but sometimes you just cant pass up giving your opinion. This is one of those cases.

Look, you are a female. You have no business running for home coming king. So again, the rules have to be changed or altered to accommodate a group of people because they like the opposite sex. Why stop here? Why not just change the title after how many years of tradition? Get rid of Queen and King and just make it something else?

Or hell, why dont we just get rid of anything gender all together so we make gays feel better about themselves....

This whole thing is just stupid. Youre gay so everything else is suppose to change so you feel important and wanted. The entire world revolves around you....

I have a better idea. How about we add a category. King, Queen, and Thing.... and of course, if you are gay and want to run for the opposite sex category, you can run for Thing instead. There.
Whatever it takes to appease the 1% that are lesbian. Can we have our driver's license say whatever race or gender we want, just because we think we are a short black woman, even if we are clearly a tall skinny Asian man?

This gender confusion crap is just that, crap.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Stuff like this doesn't even bother me, you gender neutral moonbats are just making yourself look like idiots now.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM

912 posts, read 1,332,011 times
These days everything is acceptable ...even a lesiban being crowned *king*

Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
You know I was severly homophobic once. I would call gay people "it" or "thing". I would constantly say rude and hatefull comments. Turns out I was gay.. You may want to explore a bit..
Looks like you explored a little to much my friend. A phobia is a fear...not of homosexuals but of becoming one. Those that hate gays have a problem...those enveloped in any sort of prolonged hate are usually motivated by something inner and personal...People usually hate what they see in others that is a reminder of what they bare in themselves.

Personally I do not fear anything...If I find the gay act unpleasant - it is not a fear....it is myself discriminating on what is good for me and what is not - If you believe that being gay and a sexual explorer is good for you - go ahead....kind of looks like you might have taken the road of least possible resistance. NOW in the alternative...It might not be a good idea to go "exploring" - when where you live is just fine. Some people are never satisfied with what they have and want more varying experiences..I call it hedonistic greed.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
These days everything is acceptable ...even a lesiban being crowned *king*
I know the horror! What's next, women will be allowed to own property and vote? This world is going to heck in a handbasket!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Looks like you explored a little to much my friend. A phobia is a fear...not of homosexuals but of becoming one. Those that hate gays have a problem...those enveloped in any sort of prolonged hate are usually motivated by something inner and personal...People usually hate what they see in others that is a reminder of what they bare in themselves.

Personally I do not fear anything...If I find the gay act unpleasant - it is not a fear....it is myself discriminating on what is good for me and what is not - If you believe that being gay and a sexual explorer is good for you - go ahead....kind of looks like you might have taken the road of least possible resistance. NOW in the alternative...It might not be a good idea to go "exploring" - when where you live is just fine. Some people are never satisfied with what they have and want more varying experiences..I call it hedonistic greed.
Homophobia is more than just fear, it refers to discrimination of, aversion to, or fear of homosexuals and homosexuality.

You can argue semantics all you want, but most people know what homophobia refers to without breaking down the technically literal greek etymology.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
These days everything is acceptable ...even a lesbian being crowned *king*
As if the act of kissing women makes you a man, and kissing men makes you a woman.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:45 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Let's just do away with all gender identity in high school. Unisex bathrooms, unisex locker rooms, all sports teams open to both genders. If gender is just a social projection, let's just tear it all down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies