Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 08:38 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Only liberals support ALL aspects of Islam.

Conservatives are the ones who support intelligent "El Al Airlines style" profiling at airports in America, limiting the "Islamization" of America by encouraging our hard-working Muslim immigrants to adopt American culture if they are to live here and also encouraging our Muslim neighbors to help alert the authorities if they are aware of any suspicious activities at local mosques.

All of the above are considered "racist" by liberals.
If you want a country that's homogenous and xenophobic, you're living in the wrong country. I hope you realize that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 08:58 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
If you want a country that's homogenous and xenophobic, you're living in the wrong country. I hope you realize that.

9/11: WTC South Tower Plane Crash - YouTube

Old 10-30-2011, 09:30 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,044 times
Quote:
And I'll say it again, if you want a country that's homogenous and xenophobic, then you're living in the wrong country. This country has been the center of diversity for over 250 years, with a large combination of Northern European Protestants, Southern European Catholics, Chinese Buddhist, Mexican Catholics, Jews and African-Americans. Preventing Muslims from entering the country or forcing them adopt our religion and culture is against the constitution. If you don't believe in the constitution, then you aren't even an American and I think its you who needs to be taught about our culture.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,693 times
Quote:
For Young Women, A Horrifying Consequence Of Mubarak

You can't be a feminist and pro-Islam.

You simply can't.
I think most liberals accept that Islam is a fairly conservative religion.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:54 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I have to correct you on something that renders your basic argument fundamentally flawed: female genital mutilation is not an Islamic practice, it's a cultural practice that predates Islam by thousands of years. It's practiced in regions that have a variety of religious beliefs, not just Islam.
The funny thing id, it's in clb10's own citation.

Quote:
Three thousand years of tradition instruct him that circumcision is the best means to this end.
What with Islam being only about 1200 years and all, there's a bit of a logical disconnect.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:58 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,361 times
Right wing logic, Muslim fundamentalists = liberalism.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,497 times
Quote:
For Young Women, A Horrifying Consequence Of Mubarak

You can't be a feminist and pro-Islam.

You simply can't.

Since when are liberals responsible for a religion that is thousands of years old? Seriously.....

Old 10-30-2011, 10:18 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Aspects of most religions are sick. If that makes me a liberal or conservative or anything else you want to stick a lable on then so be it.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,105,327 times
In the book Infidel, Somalia born, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, tells of her Grandmother holding her down while another older lady living in their tribe circumcised her with a crude knife and no anesthetic or pain killer of any kind. She could do nothing to escape this ritual and the terror she felt. She eventually left Islam and nearly paid the price with her life. Women are not treated as well in Somalia as the family dog. If they have the misfortune of being raped, it is considered their fault and they are usually killed by their father or a brother. This is known as an honor killing. The way things are going in the United States I suspect it won't be long and "Shariah Law" will be recognized in the US, probably in Michigan. The only way to stop this is to stop Islam, and I don't think Liberals or Conservatives will have any say in the matter. I suspect the foothold the Muslims have here is too strong to stop it.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:35 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Since when are liberals responsible for a religion that is thousands of years old? Seriously.....
According to tea partier Herman Cain, liberals killed Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies