Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 06:33 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,782,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Hey, when he finishes his book tour, maybe he can start working on getting appointed to the Supreme Court?? There is precedence....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 06:37 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,794,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
so its ok to ruin a guys life for the hell of it?

romney is a cold blooded piece of ****, and i hope he goes to hell for what he's done to cain.
Wasn't Romney OR any other GOPer.

Cain knew who it would be way back in May;

Herman Cain sounds off on race, a debate win, and the need to simplify government | Byron York | Politics | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/05/herman-cain-sounds-race-debate-win-and-need-simplify-government - broken link)

Quote:
"They're going to come after me more viciously than they would a white candidate," Cain responded. And so, to use Clarence Thomas as an example, I'm ready for the same high-tech lynching that he went through -- for the good of this country." "I'm ready for the same high-tech lynching."
Unnamed sources, allegations, insinuations.....the liberal media, doing obama's dirty work.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wasn't Romney OR any other GOPer.

Cain knew who it would be way back in May;

Herman Cain sounds off on race, a debate win, and the need to simplify government | Byron York | Politics | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/05/herman-cain-sounds-race-debate-win-and-need-simplify-government - broken link)

Unnamed sources, allegations, insinuations.....the liberal media, doing obama's dirty work.
Yep, all made up stuff.

Reporter: Herman Cain Story Based On Documentation, Dozens Of Sources : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
All I see is the Politico report CLAIMING to have documentation. You seen any evidence, or will you just take one reporter's word for it?

Last edited by sanrene; 10-31-2011 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
All I see is the Politico reporting CLAIMING to have documentation. You seen any evidence, or will you just take one reporter's word for it?
Have you seen or heard, Cain deny it?

Old 10-31-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Have you seen or heard, Cain deny it?
News from The Associated Press (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAIN_HARASSMENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=D EFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-30-20-54-16 - broken link)

Cain denies report of sexual harassment

Old 10-31-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
News from The Associated Press (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAIN_HARASSMENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=D EFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-30-20-54-16 - broken link)

Cain denies report of sexual harassment
Your link shows Cain was "vaguely familiar" with the charges. That does not mean there were no charges.

Then there is this ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...washingtonpost

Old 10-31-2011, 08:06 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,195,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No it wasn't; Rove was never found to have had anything to do with it. Article by a guy from McCain's campaign here:
The anatomy of a smear campaign - The Boston Globe

The McCain campaign never found out for sure who was behind the push-polls, but it was likely a local SC project. In any case Rove was not involved.

Do you care to apologize for repeating this false smear, or will be yet another 'hate and run' post from a lefty poster.
I do not subscribe to the Boston Globe and cannot read your linked story without paying.

John Weaver, a consultant on McCain's 2000 and 2008 campaigns, said "I believe I know where that decision was made; it was at the top of the [Bush] campaign" when asked about the SC push-poll that asked "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

A push-poll would have cost money. You say it was "likely" a local (Bush) campaign operation, it was "never found out for sure" who plotted it, yet assert "in any case Rove was not involved." How do you get from such vagueness to such certainty?

You can continue with the plausible deniability if you wish. And whether Karl Rove was responsible or not, the fact remains, it was a Republican, not Democratic, smear against a Republican candidate, which is why I brought it up in the context of this Cain story.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 AM

13,676 posts, read 8,942,167 times
I hate such innuendos, for such allegations is like tar: easy to splash on a person, yet very difficult for the person to remove.

Many people are already acting like Mr. Cain is guilty, and there is nothing he can do about it.

Simply a dirty political tactic by someone scared of Mr. Cain's rise in the polls.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:14 AM

Dodge and weave from the author of the piece;

Politico's Martin Dodges Question On Cain Details | NewsBusters.org

Quote:
Um, but, we-, we-, we're just not going to get into the details of exactly what happened with these women beside what's in the story.
But, there really aren't any details, jonathan.

What is in the story? Allegations of "comments" or "gestures" or...something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies