Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:59 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't think many men realize how difficult it is for a woman to be involved in a 'mans world' type career. I've been called every name in the book, I've been denied jobs and I've been relegated to customer service positions because of my gender. As it is right now, I'm the only woman who's has EVER been hired for my department in the history of the company I work for. And I still get called 'dykey' every once in a while.
Indeed, it is difficult for us to appreciate prejudices that we are not victim to. Much bigotry is expressed in subtle, subconscious, but no less significant ways. We can only take your word for it that it exists, most times. I have no doubt it does. Saying that chauvinism has been abolished is as about as naive as saying racism has been. Who are we kidding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
So you're saying "my body, my choice" only applies to women?
LOL. When it comes to circumcision neither male nor female "victim" has a choice.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. When it comes to circumcision neither male nor female "victim" has a choice.
"LOL" I believe female circumcision is illegal. Why is it illegal, whereas male circumcision is not?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
"LOL" I believe female circumcision is illegal. Why is it illegal, whereas male circumcision is not?
They tried bannIng it in San Francisco not too long ago.... The right wingers freaked out and said it was infringing on their rights as parents, and infringing on religious freedom. I think it's a terrible practice.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:10 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Life is pain. We're born with a nip to the dick and we'll die with a kick to the balls. So it goes.

In all seriousness, my brothers and I grew up with another family of boys our age and none of them are circumcised. I guess that one of their uncles nearly bled to death when he was cut as a baby. I know that's just anecdotal evidence, but it's a debate worth having. I remember it was an issue in the news a while back, wasn't someone trying to end circumcisions?*

(Off topic: Why do people get baby girls' ears pierced? For as much as they sleep, that can't feel good. That's dumb.)

Last edited by Eastern Roamer; 11-01-2011 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Thx JetJockey, that was the news I was thinking of.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:12 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Life is pain. We're born with a nip to the dick and we'll die with a kick to the balls. So it goes.

In all seriousness, my brothers and I grew up with another family of boys our age and none of them are circumcised. I guess that one of their uncles nearly bled to death when he was cut as a baby.
I don't think my circumcision was kosher.

http://www.neshama.us/

Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
I have no idea. Maybe you should ask your legislators, state rep, congressman, hospital administrator? Why do fathers choose to have their sons circumcised?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:33 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Simply stated women are better organizing health and social issues for attention and thus that is why their interests seemingly get the limelight day to day.

We've had threads on prostate and men's breast cancer over in the health forum (where it belongs). Threads about the inequality in divorce for men has been addressed in the relationships forum (where it belongs). And, there have been a number of threads in this forum on male circumcision if the OP would only do a search. It is a fact, no matter how politically incorrect, that the male in most species is largely disposable. However, in the USA, their absence in the traditional family is the root of many of our negative social and economic issues.

In general what we talk about every day in this P&C forum are "men's issues". Men largely control governments of the world's nations, start the wars and have been largely responsible for the economic actions which are currently crashing world economies. The failures of men to provide for their families or stay with their contributes toward poverty levels for women and children as well as crime.

So, remind me again how we don't discuss men's issues?

Well, we don't live in "the world's nations", just this one. In America, the majority of voters are female. They decide every election. So if these men in power start wars, it is only because women have decide it should be. If these same politicians have crashed the economies of the world, women put them in office.

"The failures of men to provide for their families or stay with their contributes toward poverty levels for women and children as well as crime."

Last I heard it still takes two to tango.

Who decided women should get the children while the ex pays for it all?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:44 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Women are just another class of perpetual victims, at the expense of males.
This pink movement sells because it's politicall correct, and breasts are sexy and sex sells. More men get prostate cancer than women get breast cancer.
Politics picks diseases now to promote one group over another. Women's issues over mens. We just barely moved out of the AIDS movement, promoting gay issues over all the rest. It comes down to social engineering, and loads of money going into big Pharma.
Most of research is done in universities these days, with gov't grants. Gov't manipulation at it's best.
Get gov't out of it, and don't be pressured to pick one charity over another.

We have a local fundraiser every year, where men walk around in high heels, so they can sympathize with women's domestic violence issues. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of, but men show up, and they raise lots of money. Idiotic if you ask me. Women are just as violent these days, violence should be the issue, not men vs women.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Well, I agree with her. The point is, men need to stop whining and complaining and blaming and do something about the issues. Something, as Who pointed out, that women did to gain rights an attention to women’s issues, like organizing, protesting, lobbying. And with that often suffered the consequences: beaten , jailed, disowned, divorced, ridiculed, hated, stereotyped.
So don’t expect it to be an easy ride or handed to you on a silver platter. Men already have a couple advantages in that men are still at the helm in the medical, judicial, legislative and educational domain, and laws are already in place giving you equal protection and opportunity. Men are oppressing themselves. You guys can start anytime you choose.

Women outnumber men and decide every election.

Men are the minority.

Women who are the majority have conveniently decided they should be the recipients of affirmative action.

How the hell is that "equal protection and opportunity"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies