Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, we don't live in "the world's nations", just this one. In America, the majority of voters are female. They decide every election. So if these men in power start wars, it is only because women have decide it should be. If these same politicians have crashed the economies of the world, women put them in office.

"The failures of men to provide for their families or stay with their contributes toward poverty levels for women and children as well as crime."

Last I heard it still takes two to tango.

Who decided women should get the children while the ex pays for it all?
Oh horse poo.
This is what I'm talking about. Men spending their energy blaming women for their misgivings instead of doing something about it. So there are 3% more women voting than men so all the countries problems are caused by women because they are controlling politicians minds.
Why arent men getting out there and voting? Its not like you were never allowed to.

Who decides custody? Judges (usually male) (but women probably voted for them, so I guess really all the women in the US that are using mind control). How many men actually file for custody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I have no idea. Maybe you should ask your legislators, state rep, congressman, hospital administrator? Why do fathers choose to have their sons circumcised?
The point isn't which gender chooses to have their sons circumcized, the point is why is one illegal, when one isn't and why does "my body, my choice" apply to women, and not men.

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Well, we don't live in "the world's nations", just this one. In America, the majority of voters are female. They decide every election. So if these men in power start wars, it is only because women have decide it should be. If these same politicians have crashed the economies of the world, women put them in office.

"The failures of men to provide for their families or stay with their contributes toward poverty levels for women and children as well as crime."

Last I heard it still takes two to tango.

Who decided women should get the children while the ex pays for it all?
Care to provide a link for that? If it is accurate why don't more men vote? Do they not take that responsibility as seriously because they have had the opportunity since day one of our nation's founding?

ETA: nevermind, found it:
Quote:
66%
Quote:
Percentage of female citizens 18 and older who reported voting in the 2008 presidential election. Sixty-two percent of their male counterparts cast a ballot. Additionally, 73 percent of female citizens reported being registered to vote.
Women by the Numbers — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/women...#ixzz1cTR1hqid

I find info. to the gender gap and more women voting for Democrats. The warmonger democrat females seem to be: Hillary Clinton, Samantha Powers, Susan Rice, Valarie Jarrett among others, so perhaps you have a point. Black Widow syndrome among Progressives?

http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/press_ro...1-04-10-GG.pdf

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Women outnumber men and decide every election.

Men are the minority.

Women who are the majority have conveniently decided they should be the recipients of affirmative action.
And, many of them are teachers!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:02 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The point isn't which gender chooses to have their sons circumcized, the point is why is one illegal, when one isn't and why does "my body, my choice" apply to women, and not men.
The point is why arent men making it a male issue. Fathers have as much say in the choice on circumcision. Male legislators are in the majority, why arent they changing laws. What are you doing to change the law. This has nothing to do with my body, my choice because the circumcized, male nor female, are making the choice as to their body, it is made by other men and women.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:02 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Do you think male circumcision should be illegal when done at the whims of parents? I do.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
cowboy up seems to be the gloria steinem response to most men's issues.
i see the mothers of sons that have been ripped off say some true things but for the most part even they are pretty quiet.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:05 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
One ENHANCES for the male, while the other DENIES for the woman.
You call the removal of all those nerve endings *enhancement* ? I suppose a lobotomy is an enhancement as well?

Old 11-01-2011, 11:08 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
You call the removal of all those nerve endings *enhancement* ? I suppose a lobotomy is an enhancement as well?
One can thank the tribal practice documented in Torah, Quran and Bible for that in the name of "God".

Old 11-01-2011, 11:09 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I can touch a bit on the scholarship issue, as I've been awarded female only scholarships at the collegient level in the past. Many times, these scholarships are offered only to women because an industry seems out of reach or difficult to enter as a woman. I've received two aviation scholarships in the past that we're only open to women because less than 3% of non pilot aviation jobs are currently filled by women... and it's extremely difficult to even get an interview as an A&P because maintenance departments don't want a woman mechanic around. I actually used a gender neutral name when I started applying for jobs at the urging of one of my professors... How sad is that?

I don't think many men realize how difficult it is for a woman to be involved in a 'mans world' type career. I've been called every name in the book, I've been denied jobs and I've been relegated to customer service positions because of my gender. As it is right now, I'm the only woman who's has EVER been hired for my department in the history of the company I work for. And I still get called 'dykey' every once in a while.

From the point of view of an auto mechanic, I think I can shed some light on why they may not want a female around. Based on my own experience, I would speculate they don't want to be sued because someone said something and someone was offended. I've worked for dealerships where the language used in the shop was exactly what you would expect men to use when women and children are not around. The sexual harassment laws women gave themselves in the early nineties are a two-edged sword. Sure you have a man fired for something you perceive as offensive, and you can sue your company for an undisclosed out of court settlement because you felt your work environment was intolerable, but men may not want to talk to you and companies may not want to risk a lawsuit when qualified men are available to fill openings.

As for my field, when I was in school, recruiters would drop by every now and then looking for a female in the automotive program. Chrysler used to have female mechanics at their Auburn Hills Tech Center. That's the only place I've ever seen female mechanics working. Talk about cushy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies