Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsjacob38 View Post
Today was the first time in my life Ive ever gone to Walmart, usually I go to target. I get home and researched the Walton family briefly, the folks that started Walmart, and it turns out they were staunch Republicans and large Republican campaign contributers. Perhaps no other company has done more to hurt communities and small business in this nation than Walmart! just remember where it got its roots from!
So what does that have with the people who shop at Walmart? these folks shopped before there was a Walmart. I find it hard to believe that someone doesn't know there are a variety of people in this world and they need to shop just like everyone else.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:03 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
A few years ago I fell off my well rig.

I was glad to ride the cart to the pharmacy and get a few things I needed.

BTW, I am underweight in the summer.

Get up to average in the winter.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:03 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
FYI to the OP, Hillary Clinton was on the Wal Mart board of directors.
...and Richard Nixon took us off the gold standard which allowed WalMart to be successful and at the same time put millions of Americans into debt.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
A form of entertainment is to sit in your vehicle and watch the cars scream into a "disabled" parking spot with the occupant leaping out and running into the store to make sure they aren't missing out on the last available "scooter".

I love watching the "couples", both on scooters with the short leash being used to pull a cart behind one of them and guess what the cart is full of? Right Seymor; JUNK FOOD!

Get these people off the Twinkies and sodas and you'll be doing the next generation a great favour.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:08 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'll give you a list of the people I most frequently see riding those Wal mart scooters in no particular order.
Fatter older white guys with shaved heads and a biker look with very small children. I'm not sure whats up with that.
Genuinely large people of different ages, mostly white.
Younger 30s minorities, hispanic and black, that just look lazy. Not fat at any rate.
Young teenagers goofing around and being nitwits, all races.
Fatter older Hispanics that have small kids with them. But no shaved heads.
I don't see really old people on them as much, and generally not people with normal weight averages. Its like the people who park in handicap spaces, so few of them probably really need to. I saw a Chevy Avalanche parked in a handicap space and an old guy climb out of it. ??? Usually if you ride a scooter you're either being a goof, or you're lazy or you should walk because you need the excercize.
You try to provide a service for people who truly need it and people line up to take advantage of it even if they don't really need it. It might be better to just stop doing it and have those who really need help actively search out help.
I drive and park my full size Ford Bronco in Handicap spaces. It is hard for me to get in and out of but i have owned it for years and i really like it. A gimp is a gimp; doesn't matter what you drive.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Old people suck, and I have no sympathy for them. They're always in the way. They're obstinate. They vote so bad you can't tell if they're morbidly selfish or just inbred....................... and they smell.

If a 200 foot walk will kill them I say put the handi spots 300 feet away from the door.
Maybe you'll get lucky and die before you're a burden on society.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:03 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I drive and park my full size Ford Bronco in Handicap spaces. It is hard for me to get in and out of but i have owned it for years and i really like it. A gimp is a gimp; doesn't matter what you drive.
True. I use a cane (osteo and rheumatoid arthritis), and my car is a 2001 Ford ZX2 - a very low car. It's easier for me to get in and out of a low car than a higher vehicle, because of the arthritis in my hip. Still gimpy.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:05 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Bullies mask their own crippling insecurity by picking on the weak and crippled. Always have and always will. I do not see that the OP had anything worth discussing so let's have the moderator close this vileness.
Second the motion.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Third

Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsjacob38 View Post
Many of the groceries that I use to get at trader Joes, can be had at Target for 2/3rds the price. The Walmart that i went into was filthy, I wouldnt buy anything edible from there! Thanks for the advice on ammunition, Ive heard others say that too. My buddy picked up 50 box of 9mm for 8 bucks at Walmart. Sounds good to me!

I picked up a 100 box of .38 special for my wife's Ruger for $39.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.