Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Because of the OWS bowel movement.

Nice.

Cafe Laid Off 21 Workers Because of Occupy Wall Street, Owner Says - DNAinfo.com

Quote:
Marc Epstein, owner of the Milk Street Cafe at 40 Wall St., said he had no choice but to let nearly a quarter of his staff go last Friday after he saw his sales drop by 30 percent in the six weeks since the protests started.

"What are [the protesters] trying to accomplish here?" Epstein asked Monday. "The end result is that I and all the wonderful people who work for me are collateral damage."
Really, they could care less about you, your business, your workers. This is what the Left is all about. They could give a rat's a** about those workers who lost their jobs....but hey, maybe they'll help feed them now, right?

Oh, that's right, they're really NOT into sharing, are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 10:20 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Businesses around OWS sites are losing money and workers are losing their jobs because of the disgusting actions of the OWS mobs.
Whereas businesses at Tea Party rallies made money. I am certain that if a business anywhere near a TP rally lost $1, we would have heard about it from the MSM. [for about a week]

Old 11-01-2011, 10:27 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Businesses around OWS sites are losing money and workers are losing their jobs because of the disgusting actions of the OWS mobs.
Whereas businesses at Tea Party rallies made money. I am certain that if a business anywhere near a TP rally lost $1, we would have heard about it from the MSM. [for about a week]
Actually if I recall correctly Frommer suggested travel warning against Arizona due to Tea Party rallies.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Actually if I recall correctly Frommer suggested travel warning against Arizona due to Tea Party rallies.
Have they issued travel warnings against "occupied" cities?

Sadly we are seeing story after story about small busness owners having to close their doors and lose their businesses because of OWS useful idiots. The story yesterday about the woman in San Diego who was repeatedly threatened and had to close her business was heartbreaking. These entitlement squatters are incredibly selfish.

End the occupation, elect Ron Paul 2012!

Old 11-01-2011, 10:39 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Have they issued travel warnings against "occupied" cities?

Sadly we are seeing story after story about small busness owners having to close their doors and lose their businesses because of OWS useful idiots. The story yesterday about the woman in San Diego who was repeatedly threatened and had to close her business was heartbreaking. These entitlement squatters are incredibly selfish.

End the occupation, elect Ron Paul 2012!
He just made an assertion that Tea Party rallies were economically beneficial and I pointed out that they have negative consequences economically, namely they scare away tourists. The fact is any protest movement is going to be an economic negative, the Tea Party is no exception.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,377 times
Protests always have negative impacts - because aside from the people protesting, no one likes them. At the end of the day, protests don't make a difference - people will keep on voting the way they vote, and some narcissistic dude with a snappy slogan on a sign isn't going to change people's minds.

Harrumph.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:54 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
That would not be surprisng for the pro-gay Frommer publication.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:58 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
If enough people lose their jobs the OWS'ers can claim to be the 99.9%

Take that, rich people.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:22 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
What I get from the article is that it is because of the police (barricades) the business is suffering as customers can't get to the cafe. What would happen to his business if there wasn't any police presence? The protesters would probably storm the cafe, demand food, use the toilets, etc., loiter outside the cafe and the end result would be the same: discourage people who actually want to make a purchase from entering the cafe. Solution: call the police and demand that something be done to remove the protesters?

Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
He just made an assertion that Tea Party rallies were economically beneficial and I pointed out that they have negative consequences economically, namely they scare away tourists. The fact is any protest movement is going to be an economic negative, the Tea Party is no exception.
You haven't done anything of the kind. WHO said to stay away from AZ again?

Back up those "negative consequences" with some proof.

Oh, the TP ralliers didn't camp in parks for weeks, defecating, urinating, around the area, chasing people away from business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies