Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Violence has been marginalized. There is no shock and awe...it's become the norm to read, see, hear about violent crime and it's all over games, books and movies.

It means nothing to current generations that were raised seeing violence everywhere they turned.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:19 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Indeed. When I grew up beating or hurting someone was like a total taboo. The other person's body was considered untouchable so to speak.

Now we have all those action movies, where people punch each other in the face, without any consequences, or it is even portrayed as manly or cool or whatever.

I can't even imagine beating anyone, I would not know where to hit them as I would not want to hurt them.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:25 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Violence has been marginalized. There is no shock and awe...it's become the norm to read, see, hear about violent crime and it's all over games, books and movies.

It means nothing to current generations that were raised seeing violence everywhere they turned.
Yes indeed. People seeing crimes in progress whip out the cell phone camera to put it on Youtube instead of getting help or trying somehow to help themselves.Just a week ago there was a drunk or injured man laying on the subway platform. No one did a thing but take out the phones. I went to the booth to get help. I found it unpleasant and not the thing I want to review for nostalgia.

And I have an idea for the "Knockout game." They should get a mallet and club themselves, See how much they could withstand....

Old 12-25-2011, 11:32 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
These attitudes are a trickle down affect. Just take a look at some of the attitudes people have on C-D - and these are suppose to be adults. It is a growing society on all levels that has less compassion, fewer morals, less respect, and are poorly educated. What does it say to kids in elementary and high schools when schools are handing out condoms?? Go ahead, have sex, just be safe. The fabric of society that made for good decent people, adults and kids, is slowly eroding.
I was with you until the "handing out condom's" comment. Sex education in school has lil to do / this terrorizing. I always thought it was violent multi-media games and movies, coupled w/ over-wrought, over-worked, and/or absent parents. I agree these are not kids looking for a wholsome rec experience. These are killers and future death row inmates. Sad, sad, world.
I hope this can be stopped, tragic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies