Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 05:25 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,000,575 times

Advertisements

I guess this just shows a major difference between America's black culture and white culture. The sekind of beating happens everyday in the black community. I am a black male and I've had plenty of these beatings in my childhood. That's how my grandparents did it, that's how their parents did it. I turned out good. I do admit that he took it to far but the black culture believes in belts. Heck, I remember one time my mom grabbed the broom because I talked backed to her and raised my voice. Once the governtment started telling us that whopping and spanking your kids is wrong we get what we have now. Out of control blacks killing each other and having babies because they have no respect for elders or authority. I thank my parents for the beatings got when I was younger because it kept me in line the be the Engineer I am now. I remember the worst beating I got with a belt. I was 10 and my older sister, 17, was keeping me during the summer. I got mad at her for something and told her I was gone kill her. I went and got the family shotgun and walked to where she was and then turned around and put it back up. When my parents got home, she told me dad and he beat the living hell out of me with that belt. It worked. I don't believe in talking to your kids and giving them a timeout. Honestly, in the black community we laugh at the other races that give their kids "timeout" or wanting to talk it out with an 8 yr old. I guess we all just have different mindsets. My dad used to say, " I got your timeout right here!" and pointed to his belt. These young kids today have no respect. I wish my son would raise his voice at me and slam a door in my house. Like my grandma says, he'll be picking his a#$ up off the floor. After a certain age spankings don't work. Especially on a male. Imagine a dad trying to spank his 16yr old 6 ft tall son. His son probably could beat him. You teach them young. Once the get 16 it's too late. You should have corrected them when they were young. My dad always said, that he would go to jail for whopping me before the police do it. What he was saying was if he didn't get me on the right path, then the police will later on it life when I'm behind a bars. My dad kids turned out all great, I'm an Engineer and my sisters are a nurse and a doctor respectively.

Now watch these readers pick out the parts they want to read and call me evil and talk about my parents. 3...2....1....GO!!!

Last edited by tewest86; 11-03-2011 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I guess this just shows a major difference between America's black culture and white culture. The sekind of beating happens everyday in the black community. I am a black male and I've had plenty of these beatings in my childhood. That's how my grandparents did it, that's how their parents did it. I turned out good. I do admit that he took it to far but the black culture believes in belts. Heck, I remember one time my mom grabbed the broom because I talked backed to her and raised my voice. Once the governtment started telling us that whopping and spanking your kids is wrong we get what we have now. Out of control blacks killing each other and having babies because they have no respect for elders or authority. I thank my parents for the beatings got when I was younger because it kept me in line the be the Engineer I am now. I remember the worst beating I got with a belt. I was 10 and my older sister, 17, was keeping me during the summer. I got mad at her for something and told her I was gone kill her. I went and got the family shotgun and walked to where she was and then turned around and put it back up. When my parents got home, she told me dad and he beat the living hell out of me with that belt. It worked. I don't believe in talking to your kids and giving them a timeout. Honestly, in the black community we laugh at the other races that give their kids "timeout" or wanting to talk it out with an 8 yr old. I guess we all just have different mindsets. My dad used to say, " I got your timeout right here!" and pointed to his belt. These young kids today have no respect. I wish my son would raise his voice at me and slam a door in my house. Like my grandma says, he'll be picking his a#$ up off the floor. After a certain age spankings don't work. Especially on a male. Imagine a dad trying to spank his 16yr old 6 ft tall son. His son probably could beat him. You teach them young. Once the get 16 it's too late. You should have corrected them when they were young. My dad always said, that he would go to jail for whopping me before the police do it. What he was saying was if he didn't get me on the right path, then the police will later on it life when I'm behind a bars. My dad kids turned out all great, I'm an Engineer and my sisters are a nurse and a doctor respectively.

Now watch these readers pick out the parts they want to read and call me evil and talk about my parents. 3...2....1....GO!!!
I don't give a rat's behind what color a person is ...if they beat ANYONE just because they CAN they are cowardly and TOO STUPID to deal with children.

Ever TRY to THINK "Violence BEGETS Violence"

Teaching children to be violent is disgusting and is what leads to THEIR violence later...they think that's the way to solve problems....

Old 11-03-2011, 05:40 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
There is an underlying reality that is probably off the radar screens of most people, but there are serious issues on the inside within the arena of Child Protective Services, and the justice system. This holds true for Texas and most other states, and why children are often in even greater danger in the custody of CPS and the courts, than with neglecting parents. There really are a lot of sadist child abusers in official positions charged with protecting children.

This is a topic for which much effort has been and continues to be expended to cover up and keep secret, and to a very significant degree, those efforts have been successful. This Judge may or may not be a part of that, but what he most certainly is is a sadist sociopath at the very least.

I suppose the "judge" is used to putting on his black robe, and ruling over other people's lives, in total control of everyone in his presence ... so his teenage daughter, failing to bow down and grovel sufficiently, and submit to the king's every decree, such insolence was more than he could bare. Given that the old Judge can't cite her for contempt and toss her in the poky at the mere appearance of disobedience, he beat the crap out of her instead. All must OBEY these demigods in positions of power ... they cannot tolerate a hint of resistance.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:53 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
It's a video. Of him beating his daughter. Who has cerebral palsy. The only character assassination here is self-inflicted.

Classic! Just leave bruises, but don't make 'em bleed! A well-known tactic of abusers and victimizers for centuries! Just beat them where they can wear clothes to cover up the bruises, right?

So, what are your thoughts on how hard a parent should beat his daughter with cerebral palsy? Do tell, we're curious!
I didn't see any noticeable signs of CP in that video. She looked like she was quite capable of moving around and speaking clearly. She had been told in the past not to download stuff from the web. She defied her father and got the belt. CP doesn't affect her cognitive ability so she knew full well what she had done and why she got the belt.

I didn't see any child abuse in the video, her pride was obviously hurt because she waited 7 years to upload a video to YouTube of the incident.

Quite frankly 7 years later this subject is moot in my opinion - she's an adult, there's no kids in the household. It's 7 years in the past.

I would tell her to "Get over it."

Old 11-03-2011, 05:57 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Battery can be a felony. This is not a spanking this is felony battery. However, that is only my opinion. Lets leave it up to a jury to decide. I can't believe that there is a person who watched the video who was not deeply disturbed, but apparently you were not. I hope you would never do such a thing to children. I really do, and I am sorry if you do not think it is a big thing because this type of abuse was used against you.

If it has, you may really want to consider counseling, seriously.
As I said in a previous post, the girl is too old for a spanking.

The dad is a nut. But I still don't think it's felony battery or child abuse.

It's how he disciplines his child. The girl had enough time to set up a video camera in her room. Who knows if she didn't arouse his ire by doing something deliberately to catch him on camera beating her.

She waits 7 years to bring the video to the public.

Suspicious.

Boo hoo - who's crying now Hillary:

Quote:
Perhaps Hillary Adams should explain, if she felt she was raised by a tyrannical father, a claim shared with no one until five years after adulthood, why she insisted on living with her father and not her mother from the time of her parent's divorce, until she moved out on her own. Hillary Adams has been living on her own for some time, and has been an adult for almost six years, so why post the video in late 2011?...

In response to the internet post, the media has appropriately attempted to understand why Hillary Adams chose the present time to disseminate the video. To many, her answers to those questions have been confusing and hollow. As she has said by recent interview, she "hoarded" the secret tape for future use, but has not explained, even now, for what purpose. Very few people find palatable her claim that it was to "help" her father.
http://www.ksat.com/news/29677473/detail.html

Last edited by LuckyGem; 11-03-2011 at 06:12 PM..

Old 11-03-2011, 06:24 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am wondering if he sees the inside of a jail cell, which I believe that he should, if another one of his cellmates does not use the same statement on him that the victim had used on her.

"Bend over and lay on your stomach and take it like a woman".
Haha yes that is a funny you make! Rape is funny like violent retribution! Aha yes, you make great rape funny!

Old 11-03-2011, 06:45 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default Judge beats disabled daughter for using the internet

I had a hard time watching that video, that was so much more than a spanking, the Dad has a major Mental problem and the comment from the Mom tells all "Take it like a woman" Mom must take her beatings like a woman.

He should not be a Judge.

I'm not against a spanking to get a kids attention but that was a beating and it was just wrong in every way. The father says that was years ago and he apologized, well I don't think that goes far enough. The girl said she regrets putting out the video because she doesn't want to ruin his life but I bet that was only one of many beatings that left a emotional scar for the poor girl and he deserves whatever he gets.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Doubtful his life will be ruined. He can easily make millions on the lecture circuit hawking his own line of strict parenting videos.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:59 PM

995 posts, read 1,114,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Doubtful his life will be ruined. He can easily make millions on the lecture circuit hawking his own line of strict parenting videos.
I would be happy to go to his speeches and throw my shoes at him. As many as I could carry. Maybe even snap a belt at him. How long do you think it would be before he asked for protection?

Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I didn't see any noticeable signs of CP in that video. She looked like she was quite capable of moving around and speaking clearly. She had been told in the past not to download stuff from the web. She defied her father and got the belt. CP doesn't affect her cognitive ability so she knew full well what she had done and why she got the belt.

I didn't see any child abuse in the video, her pride was obviously hurt because she waited 7 years to upload a video to YouTube of the incident.

Quite frankly 7 years later this subject is moot in my opinion - she's an adult, there's no kids in the household. It's 7 years in the past.

I would tell her to "Get over it."
Even if no belt was used- it was ABUSE. There was no need to talk to her like that and for the parents to gang up on her. Obviously if she set up a camera- she must have known what was coming because this was a PATTERN for this family. While I don't doubt the girl had given them some sort of trouble- there are mature and LOVING ways to raise a child...and then there is this. (Which just looked to me like an excuse for the parents to take out their frustrations on someone smaller- weaker- and with no power.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies