Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:15 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times

Advertisements

I mean, this is direct payment of taxpayer money to the top CEO's and executives at Fannie and Freddie. Shouldn't the protesters be upset about this? Why are they getting a pass?

Quote:
The Federal Housing Finance Agency, the government regulator of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, approved $12.79 million of bonuses for 10 executives from the two government-sponsored agencies...

Ed Haldeman, who announced last week that he is quitting as Freddie Mac’s CEO, received a base salary of $900,000 last year — and garnered a $2.3 million bonus. Fannie Mae CEO Michael Williams received a $2.37 million bonus.

And some Democrats are as upset as Republicans. “It is outrageous that senior executives at Fannie and Freddie are receiving multimillion-dollar compensation packages when they now rely on funding from U.S. taxpayers, many of whom face foreclosure or whose homes are underwater,” Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., told Politico.

Fannie, Freddie Executives Get Millions in Bonuses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
We all know that OWS is primarily a "We Hate Republican's Fest".....so taking their problems directly to the source....the Government....would expose Democrats and the President for the crony colluders that they are. We know that won't happen now or never. They're too comfy hanging out on Wall Street pointing fingers at the wrong people. It makes the term "Useful Idiots" that much more endearing.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Well, I guess some could be. I mean, I still have not seen any clear protest objectives set out. Heck, some few may well be protesting me, for all I know. I am not real popular in NYC; or at least, in that one bar I used to visit.

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I mean, this is direct payment of taxpayer money to the top CEO's and executives at Fannie and Freddie. Shouldn't the protesters be upset about this? Why are they getting a pass?

Fannie, Freddie Executives Get Millions in Bonuses
Because government is doing it, and they love, love, love government They want more government, which means they cannot turn around and bash government.

1,759 posts, read 2,029,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
We all know that OWS is primarily "We Hate Republican's Fest
True, that's basically what it is.
They have no point, no direction (and no soap, apparently) so they rant and rave
about all kinds of "anti-Conservative" things instead of putting together a smart argument.

And Obama supports them!
It's so telling.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
True, that's basically what it is.
They have no point, no direction (and no soap, apparently) so they rant and rave
about all kinds of "anti-Conservative" things instead of putting together a smart argument.

And Obama supports them!
It's so telling.
Say What? OWS isn't liberal or conservative. In fact many of the main points are conservative in nature, like less Federal Government, revoking the powers of The Federal Reserve and a return to the principles of the Constitution. By revealing more and more Federal agencies that are abusing the taxpayers money you are only promoting the cause. This is something every American should be for, if only you could look past the "young hippies" that they show on tv.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Say What? OWS isn't liberal or conservative. In fact many of the main points are conservative in nature, like less Federal Government, revoking the powers of The Federal Reserve and a return to the principles of the Constitution. By revealing more and more Federal agencies that are abusing the taxpayers money you are only promoting the cause. This is something every American should be for, if only you could look past the "young hippies" that they show on tv.
I beg to differ. They want freebies and student loan forgiveness and more government.

Quote:
In the survey, 80 percent described themselves as liberal; half of those said they were extremely liberal.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-liberals.html

They will once again be checking the box for Obama come next year's election, I guarantee it.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,755 times
Who says they aren't protesting Frannie and Freddie? They did buy a lot of toxic mortgages. OWS is about corporations AND government.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Who says they aren't protesting Frannie and Freddie? They did buy a lot of toxic mortgages. OWS is about corporations AND government.
When you find some evidence of them protesting F & F Headquarters, please do let us know.

Hey, Occupiers! What about protesting Fannie and Freddie? | Midwest Voices

Quote:
If the Occupy Wall Street people seek the real origin of the economy’s ills, they should spend some time with Morgenson and Rosner. If they seek a proper target for their protests, how about the HQ of Fannie Mae?
And that was before news broke of the enormous FF exec bonuses.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:38 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
if only you could look past the "young hippies" that they show on tv.
On TV?

I've been to the Occupy camp in DC, several times.
And if anything they are mostly older hippies.
But yeah, some young ones thrown in there, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies