Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Whites have been under 60% in many parts of the South for a long time, so I guess we're pretty much used to it. Seems to be the Northern states that are having the hardest time adjusting lately.
Adjusting to what? Northern states have lost black population and population regardless of race overall. So what could they be having a hard time adjusting to?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Yes, I have an issue with your point, which I addressed in my point. That (even in spite of the fact that the Japanese government may or may not include race/ethnicity on their official census) there are still a great deal of racial and xenophobic issues in Japan.
But my point was on what makes for a Japanese, not the local xenophobes (which exist everywhere).

Old 11-21-2011, 01:38 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, that doesn't make you a Nazi. You just happen to have philosophical agreement with them.
As I'm sure there is at least one part of their philosophy that you and many others agree with, what's your point?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
As I'm sure there is at least one part of their philosophy that you and many others agree with, what's your point?
Well, I won't mind debating you on that. Bring it on, when you see it.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 PM

108 posts, read 89,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it was much much better then. but i think its european & church values, not skin tone.
i dont think diversification and pluralism are very working well.
also i think ditching cash n carry was a big mistake.
67% divorce rate did not help much.
All true. Religion was the moderating and combing force that held diverse cultures together; just as Southern Culture held blacks and whites together for a while; just as Sports Culture holds blacks and whites together somewhat. Even the integrating force of sports is failing as the innate ability of the black athlete is dominating most sports (the NBA is almost all black). Multiracial societies must have these constructs or they divide; much like the fall of the Soviet Union led to racial wars in Yugoslavia.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:41 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,496 times
Quote:
Well, I won't mind debating you on that. Bring it on, when you see it.
What is it specifically that I agree with?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Ok, I'll bite. Where are the posts that has someone saying they think they are part of a master race?
Few posters would be idiotic enough to state that blatantly in their posts; it's the context and the wording of what they write that pretty much spells it out. It is implied, but it is not subtle.

Quote:
Right on. You have my respect for that.

Quote:
I think it's more "rich" priveledge. I don't see what advantage I have over minorities unless I'm dealing with racists.
It is sometimes very hard for those in the majority to see the advantage they have simply by being in the majority. Many people in this country would rather be poor and white than rich and black.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
What is it specifically that I agree with?
We can agree on incoherence of your arguments, such as this.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,970 times
Quote:
But my point was on what makes for a Japanese, not the local xenophobes (which exist everywhere).
Your point was that,"Japan is a country that has grown up to accept a citizen as a Japanese, regardless of their race, ethnicity and country of origin". My point was that this is not really true in much of Japanese society. I've lived there, you haven't. You're twisting words here.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahms View Post
All true. Religion was the moderating and combing force that held diverse cultures together; just as Southern Culture held blacks and whites together for a while; just as Sports Culture holds blacks and whites together somewhat.
When were blacks and whites ever "together" in the South? I must have missed that.

Quote:
Even the integrating force of sports is failing as the innate ability of the black athlete is dominating most sports (the NBA is almost all black).
"Innate ability?"

Funny thing about that is that there has been quite an influx over the past 10-15 years or so into the NBA of athletes -most of them white - from other countries, especially in Europe. The former Yugoslavia was a pioneer in this influx. I didn't know Drazen Petrovic was black.......

Quote:
Multiracial societies must have these constructs or they divide; much like the fall of the Soviet Union led to racial wars in Yugoslavia.
With the exception of a tiny community of black folks on the Adriatic coast in Croatia, the war(s) in the former Yugoslavia was religious and cultural, not racial, as the ethnic groups in that nation were all white Europeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies