Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
Amen! Why not run a "what-would-I-do?" scenario for yourself and your loved ones if the grid WERE to go down for any length of time?

Got stored water, a swimming pool, a backyard pond, a water filter?

Got canned foods, MREs, backpacker-style entrees, anything extra?

Got a woodstove, a propane grill, some way to cook?

Just a nudge in the direction of thinking outside the box that being one of the unawakened sheeple has put you in.

Think Katrina and how your government was NOT there to save you. Now multiply that by the millions in a grid-down situation.
Would that be worse than at Joplin? Did the government stay around there? Is there a chance that the government could do anything after they fail to act in the first place?

Somehow I wonder how many of these things you have done for yourself and your family. It sounds like zero would have to be your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I just found this so I don't really know anything about it. Interesting though.

If the Amish can survive this, and I believe they could, than we all can, IMO. No electricity, no dependency on outside forces and being self-sufficient. I will just go down the highway and join them.
No, really?

EMP is nothing new. In fact it's been know since... well, since before the first nuclear weapon was even detonated (Enrico Fermi predicted it before the Trinity test).

So, basically, here's what we know:
IT WOULD BE BAD IF SOME COUNTRY LAUNCHED A NUCLEAR WEAPON AT THE UNITED STATES.

Hey, thanks for clarifying that for us!

Old 11-02-2011, 07:39 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Oh ... my ... God, how scary is that! I know ... we should preemptively attack Iran and N. Korea at the same time right now, and also China and Russia and Pakistan! BEFORE THEY KILL US ALL!!!

"The leaden rule" ... "Do unto others before they do unto you" ... that is the American Judeo-Christian way!

Yep, that explains 9/11

Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Like they have the capability to lob one over.
Sheesh.
Another conservative ploy to go to war. Are the mongers and their kids going to volunteer to be cannon fodder?
Probably not.
Some people are very willing to put other people's kids lives on the line, never their own.
Since it seems that our present government has done and will not likely do anything I wonder how we protect ourselves from this. I guess you have failed to know that the Iranians may not hit the US from Iran but from those boats they say they will send very near our eastern shore they have the missile to get the job done.

Our present government seems to have given in in every way and we will all suffer. Is there a chance that any of you left leaners have thought about the fact that an EMP doesn't worry about who loses power, water, or fuel? You guys are just too willing to think that nothing happens to you.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
The US could do the same thing to every country in the world. What's your point? There is actually a really good book where this happens its called One Second After.
Just the other day our commander in chief did away with our strongest most powerful A bomb that could have handled anything Iran has now. I wonder why that was done. Can you explain to us what took place and why?

Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Better late than never...

Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack

NASA - Solar Flares: What Does It Take to Be X-Class?

Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Iran spends 1% of what we do on the military....LOL

No limit to these absurd notions that Iran or N Korea pose some threat to the USA.
Surely our government isn't as sure of these things as you lefties here are. Well, maybe they are.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
North Korea can't feed their citizens. How the heck could you conceive that they'd even be able to manufacture something as insignificant as MICROWAVE OVEN in their country - but an Electro Magnetic PULSE?

GTFOH.

Iran with an EM Pulse? Iran needed to put pieces of their centrifuge together by having nations around the world collaborate with them finding parts playing "Where's Waldo" to build their nuclear reactor. How the hell could they manage to put together an EMPulse?

GTFOH.
Do you really understand what is going on here? Somehow you don't seem to have heard that video or failed to comprehend any part of it.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Tinfoil headwear does not a Faraday cage make. Have you thought where you will get your food and water if our entire grid goes down? Are you prepared?

i have 10 extra large rolls of tinfoil just in case..ohh have a few back up cases of cruzan rum if things get really bad..

we all are going to fry soon, no matter what we do,, 2012 is just around the corner

Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I just found this so I don't really know anything about it. Interesting though.

If the Amish can survive this, and I believe they could, than we all can, IMO. No electricity, no dependency on outside forces and being self-sufficient. I will just go down the highway and join them.
Don't let these fools convince you that no part of this could be true. Just think what you or them would feel like after this happened. Yes, it is possible, and yes there are people who would be willing to give it a try. These two countries would be among those who would take a try and they both have the weapons to make a try, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies