Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
With the degree of fairness decreasing with disposable income. The greater the fraction of ones income goes towards "consumption" on necessities, the less fair the consumption tax is on that person/household/business.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Point? Waiting for you to explain the numbers you've apparently understood to be, so I can respond with my points on those.
I presented that data with its point. You're asking me to focus on one part of the data to "help [me] understand the nature of [your] effort." Go ahead and and explain your own effort.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I presented that data with its point. You're asking me to focus on one part of the data to "help [me] understand the nature of [your] effort." Go ahead and and explain your own effort.
Like I said earlier, the data isn't very clear, and the presentation convulated. Since you have studied the links you presented, I assume you have looked at the data in greater detail than I can in limited time. If you have an argument, with that analysis (more than mere statements, I must add), please present it so we can discuss corporate taxes with logic, concrete fact-based arguments that doesn't ignore the fundamental premise of how such numbers are to be compared.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Like I said earlier, the data isn't very clear, and the presentation convulated. Since you have studied the links you presented, I assume you have looked at the data in greater detail than I can in limited time. If you have an argument, with that analysis (more than mere statements, I must add), please present it so we can discuss corporate taxes with logic, concrete fact-based arguments that doesn't ignore the fundamental premise of how such numbers are to be compared.
Okay, you don't have anything to add. I'm not going to try to break it down to entice you into a discussion. If you don't have time to look at it, then don't worry about it, move to another topic.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Okay, you don't have anything to add. I'm not going to try to break it down to entice you into a discussion. If you don't have time to look at it, then don't worry about it, move to another topic.
Now that is a breakdown for an argument. Did you even bother to analyze what you read? Or, did you just read the key words and chose to share here? Sure sounds like it now. Don't worry, I won't ask for it again, here.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Now that is a breakdown for an argument. Did you even bother to analyze what you read? Or, did you just read the key words and chose to share here? Sure sounds like it now. Don't worry, I won't ask for it again, here.
If you want to discuss it, then take a look at it, form an opinion, and offer it. Why would you trust my analysis instead of looking for yourself?

Old 11-04-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
If you want to discuss it, then take a look at it, form an opinion, and offer it. Why would you trust my analysis instead of looking for yourself?
I want to discuss it, and if you do, present what I asked for. If you don't have it, say so.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:09 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Neither of these statements is true.

It's not a hidden tax. The corporate tax is right there for everyone to see.

ok.

No. It's totally hidden from 99.9% of all consumers.

Nobody knows how much tax is included in their $4.99 hamburger or their $200 set of tires. It hidden.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
With the degree of fairness decreasing with disposable income. The greater the fraction of ones income goes towards "consumption" on necessities, the less fair the consumption tax is on that person/household/business.

You obviously haven't read about the flat tax. There are provisions for necessities.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly!
You should read the facts before forming an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies