Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:01 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I understand that's the law. I think it's a bad law.

I'm from Colorado. There, the age of consent is 17. However, there is a 10 year closeness of age exception for those 15 and 16. That means sex between a 15 year old and a 25 year old, or a 16 year old and a 26 year old is perfectly legal. I just think it's ridiculous that a 19 year old having sex with somebody 2 and half years younger would be considered a felony.
Wishy washy laws are liberal. If you're growing 11 plants okay, over 12 plants is a felony, the speed limit is 35, 40 is not okay. Either enforce a law as it stands of don't write one to begin with.
It comes down to enforcement. Statutory just isn't charged in many cases, because they don't have an accusing party. She runs the risk in demanding child support, that he may have her charged with statutory. I believe someone must be willing to press charges. If she seeks welfare, the State may go after him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 11:10 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Have you seen Selena Gomez?

Of course they already did the deed.

Unless Bieber is gay as they say.
Yeah, but see, you need proof - the 19 year old saying she's preggerz from the beebz is pretty good proof that they had sex.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Bieber Needs to invest his cash now cause it isn't going to last. Just ask Shawn Cassidy, Leif Garret, and many other former teen idols.
I think Shawn Cassidy is doing ok. He has had a pretty good career as an adult as a writer and producer. You DO have a point re Leif...

Old 11-03-2011, 11:40 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah same here. Completely different from 16 to 18 and even more so from 18 to 21.
I completely agree! I work around this age group and supervise several and the difference in maturity is pretty apparent. Not to mention regardless of his age, Bieber looks like he hasn't yet hit puberty.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:57 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I'm sure Selena will dump him...........he can only last 30 seconds???
Don't worry, he'll make up the other 30 somewhere else

Old 11-04-2011, 02:30 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Hell when I was sixteen I was praying for something like this.

Were you praying that you would be paying a financial cost for the mistakes you made at sixteen well into your adulthood?

Were you hoping to have something like this overshadow and complicate all the relationships you have going forward?

Is it fair to the child to have a father who is little more than a child himself?

There's a reason a minor cannot legally consent to sex and it applies to teenage boys too.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:31 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This is not meant in any way as an insult to lesbians and I hope not to offend anyone but JB looks like a lesbian. As far as the charges go, if a 19 y/o guy can be charged with rape charges for sex w/a 16 y/o girl why can't the girl likewise be charged?
He does look like a Lesbian, doesn't he?

I think you're right on the other thing as well. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Leave it to Bieber to get 'raped' by a girl. I can't stop laughing at this. Lol

Old 11-04-2011, 03:59 AM

488 posts, read 554,943 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight. A teenage girl gets invited backstage to meet Justin Bieber after his show, gets banged in the bathroom, impregnated, and now she's likely facing a rape charge?

Why again is it illegal - rape - for a 19 year old to have sex with a 16 year old?
And what if one of the Jonas Brothers knocked up some underage girl behind stage? In that case I could invision mobs calling for justice and claiming the poor girl was taken advantage of, but when the roles are reversed it just doesn't seem like as big of a deal to people. I'm not saying this applies to you; I'm just speaking in generalities.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:29 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
The operative word is "consensual ."

It's statutory rape, in accordance with State law. The 16 yr. old has no right to consent since he hasn't reached the age where he can legally consent.
Quote:
I understand that's the law. I think it's a bad law.

I'm from Colorado. There, the age of consent is 17. However, there is a 10 year closeness of age exception for those 15 and 16. That means sex between a 15 year old and a 25 year old, or a 16 year old and a 26 year old is perfectly legal. I just think it's ridiculous that a 19 year old having sex with somebody 2 and half years younger would be considered a felony.
I think that you have it backwards with regard to the age-gap provision. When there is an age-gap provision, it becomes illegal when the gap is exceeded, not legal when the gap is exceeded.

This is your relevant Colorado law:

Quote:
18-3-402. Sexual assault.

Statute text

(1) Any actor who knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim commits sexual assault if:
(d) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at least four years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim;
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies