Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So you agree with criminalization of homosexuality, you agree with social conservative/theocratic governance and you agree that courts should throw out any criminal case that victimizes gays due to their sexual orientation...

And then you have this habit of making a statement that you don't have anything against homosexuality and gays. But wait, all this ain't sad. You cover all this up and present self as "Libertarian". Are people really that stupid?
1. Last time I checked practicing faith and religion was a right. Why should a ministry or parish be punished for acting consistently with said Religion by turning away gay marriage? They pass that law and the ACLU will be rampant.

2. At least if current legislation was devolved to state lines...people could leave to other states that did allow gay unions. If there is national intervention....so much for that..

Lastly...just because I am a social conservative doesn't make me any less Libertarian. I don't believe in authority telling us what to do in our lives. Unfortunately in both scenarios Federal government infringing on these principles are the bigger bully.

And sorry about my preference...it clearly strikes a chord with you. But at least I'm practical and, if not moreso, consistent. I understand that many people in this country are still a**holes. Where some others believe there is some hidden cumbaya switch.

Or they are just antagonists....

Which one are you?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It's GREAT to live in Texas

Maybe if more acts that this occur all gays will leave the state and go somewhere more gay friendly, like California...

Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The most intolerant viewpoints I hear are from the gays. They insist on tolerance, but have none themselves.
Do you have any examples, or are you just regurgitating the conservative talking points? I ask because this is rarely true in my experiences, and I have a LOT of exposure to the gay community... so I imagine this is just BS conjecture in an attempt to divert blame from the truly intolerant.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:25 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
I mean what sense does it make living in a state where you are considered a third class citizen and not wanted?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
It's GREAT to live in Texas

Maybe if more acts that this occur all gays will leave the state and go somewhere more gay friendly, like California...
A perfect example of what I just said above... intolerant gays pale in number to people like you, who honestly make me sick. Soooo glad I live in California, if you're any indication of the attitude in Texas!

Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
A perfect example of what I just said above... intolerant gays pale in number to people like you, who honestly make me sick. Soooo glad I live in California, if you're any indication of the attitude in Texas!
He's not. Really.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I mean what sense does it make living in a state where you are considered a third class citizen and not wanted?
Maybe because it's their home, and nobody in ANY state should be a "third-class citizen?" Are you Texans proud of this behavior,making citizens feel unwanted in their own homes? Real American of ya...

Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Oh please...they are just as much citizens as you and me and most of us could give a sh*t who other Texans love.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:35 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
1. Last time I checked practicing faith and religion was a right. Why should a ministry or parish be punished for acting consistently with said Religion by turning away gay marriage? They pass that law and the ACLU will be rampant.

2. At least if current legislation was devolved to state lines...people could leave to other states that did allow gay unions. If there is national intervention....so much for that..

Lastly...just because I am a social conservative doesn't make me any less Libertarian. I don't believe in authority telling us what to do in our lives. Unfortunately in both scenarios Federal government infringing on these principles are the bigger bully.

And sorry about my preference...it clearly strikes a chord with you. But at least I'm practical and, if not moreso, consistent. I understand that many people in this country are still a**holes. Where some others believe there is some hidden cumbaya switch.

Or they are just antagonists....

Which one are you?
1- Strawman.
2- So much for personal freedoms.
3- You're not alone... a social conservative libertarian.
4- You're anything but practical and consistent. #3 proves that very point.

Are you suggesting that those pieces were sneaked into Texas GOP platform? Why isn't there an opposition to it? Heck, I doubt even a third of Texans are educated about that fact as existing, but that it exists is telling of what Texas GOP is about.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Are you Texans proud of this behavior,making citizens feel unwanted in their own homes?
Absolutely not. But I should mention I've lived in TX my whole life and never witnessed this kind of behavior.

Yes, there are Texans who hate gays. However, there are also people in California (and every other state) who hate gays. It's a sad reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies