Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:06 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times

Advertisements

This is the new up and coming game "Death Cargo" that is similar to Mortal Kombat, a fighting game where you kill your opponent in the end. Except that this looks EXTREMELY realistic this time. Is there a point at which violence in video games is too much, too realistic? You've been warned, these videos contain explicit violence:

DEATH CARGO - Leach 's 2nd Deathrip - Leather face - - YouTube
DEATH CARGO - Leach 's 1st Deathrip - FINAL VERSION - Smashed like a Fly - YouTube
DEATH CARGO - Plasma 's 2nd Deathrip - a breath of fresh plasma - NECROSTORM production - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Doesn't look that realistic.

I don't think you can throw someone's skeleton out of their body.

Also, plasma is pretty hot. You would burn if you were hit by a ball of it. Not have all of your skin inexplicably sucked off.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
lol that was awesome

No, I don't think they'll get too realistic. If it starts looking like real life then more people will be disgusted by it. You show someone those videos you posted and they might think it's gross. You show someone some of those al-Qaeda beheading videos and at best they'll feel very disturbed, at worse they'll probably vomit.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:27 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,522,763 times
'RapeLay' video game goes viral amid outrage - YouTube

RapeLay - Yuuko's Body Preview (HD) - YouTube - RAPELAY: This video game got peoples panties in a big wad a few years ago. Sexually suggestive literature and multimedia are purportedly fairly routine in Japan (they are really into their cartoons over there - as it is the source of at least a dozen cultural fads, hentai being just one of them), but in more reserved countries, it's taboo.

There are very few circumstances under which video games, movies, tv shows, radio shows, or any other form of entertainment, would go "too far," under my broad standard of free speech.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Need 3D with a 40 foot screen and surround sound for it to get real. I'm sure all the po folks will want it for free though. Not fair and all.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:07 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
This is the new up and coming game "Death Cargo" that is similar to Mortal Kombat, a fighting game where you kill your opponent in the end. Except that this looks EXTREMELY realistic this time. Is there a point at which violence in video games is too much, too realistic? You've been warned, these videos contain explicit violence:

Would you say the same thing about film or literature? Although, in this case I find it more comical, than realistic.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:55 AM

488 posts, read 554,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
This is the new up and coming game "Death Cargo" that is similar to Mortal Kombat, a fighting game where you kill your opponent in the end. Except that this looks EXTREMELY realistic this time. Is there a point at which violence in video games is too much, too realistic?
Meh, nothing worse than what you see in movies. Whether a game/movie/whatever is too violent should be up to the individual. If it's too much then don't play it.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Those clips all look like some high school kids filming in an LA back alley then souping it up with a cracked copy of After Effects. Fighting games are inherently silly and the gore is supposed to be over the top for comedic effect, like Time Killers. It's obviously juvenile fantasy going on with those games.

Time Killers: Fatalities [HD] - YouTube

What's far worse are the military glorification shooters that do more to dehumanize 3rd world people than a hundred years of boot camp brainwashing could ever accomplish. The last Modern Warfare game had you gunning down civilians in a Russian airport and running through a Brazilian favela mowing down "bad guys" indiscriminately before torturing one of them. The only one of those types of games that isn't little more than pro-US military propaganda is the Red Orchestra series.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:31 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
What's far worse are the military glorification shooters that do more to dehumanize 3rd world people than a hundred years of boot camp brainwashing could ever accomplish. The last Modern Warfare game had you gunning down civilians in a Russian airport and running through a Brazilian favela mowing down "bad guys" indiscriminately before torturing one of them. The only one of those types of games that isn't little more than pro-US military propaganda is the Red Orchestra series.
Yeah, I used to be pretty liberal, but then I played a video game where I infiltrated a terrorist group in Russia that shot up an airport, and now all I want to do is kill those dirty commies!

Oh, and whenever I go to Rio, I make sure to rent an armored car and go shoot up Favelas - I can't stand those dirty third worlders! They're animals!

Old 11-04-2011, 03:06 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,000 times
Oh man ..where can I get these games?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies