Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 02:38 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,092,524 times

Advertisements

All I can write is...what the ****...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 02:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't want to hear a damn thing on this from the lefties here. If this picture were hanging in the right place you would all be trying to interpret what she is expressing and calling it modern art.
Hmmm, let's see here:

She's clearly pro-gun
She's not afraid to get her hands dirty and kill her own meat
She's clearly not some PETA vegan granola type

Yep! Take her, sounds like "one of yours"!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:43 PM

181 posts, read 234,152 times
That is so messed up. Is that supposed to be art or something?! Pfff

Old 11-04-2011, 02:52 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The idiot in this story is Joshua Washburn, the North Carolina man who reported them to deputies.

Why do so many idiots think it's their job to snitch to the authorities?
While I generally don't get involved, I do believe behavior indicating psychological problems should be investigated. And without doubt anyone so mentally unbalanced as to gut and climb inside a dead horse, then post the video online, should be checked out for psychiatric disorder. Also, society needs to ensure the animal was put down humanely.

This "snitch" in this case is justified for reporting to the authorities, because animal abuse is a MAJOR predictor of criminal activity: "Stats on animal abuse show a sharp correlation between animal abuse & other crimes, including rape, robbery, murder, sexual homicide, domestic abuse and more. E.G.: studies show 100% of sexual homicide perps (like Jeffrey Dahmer) started by abusing animals."

That being said, in a society that has FAR too many laws micromanaging virtually every aspect of life, we have very little restrictions on--or punishment of--animal abuse. Look at Michael Vick, the football player that ran a dog-fighting ring for 5 years. This sick sadist "served 21 months in prison, followed by two months in home confinement...In 2010, Vick became the Eagles starting quarterback and led them to the 2011 NFL Playoffs as NFC East Champions...He was named the 2010 NFL Comeback Player of the Year and was selected to his fourth Pro Bowl. Vick is now recognized as one of the Elite starting quarterbacks in the NFL." Michael Vick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Unbelievable. Society--football fans in particular--continue to reward him with fame and riches, when he should have been ostracized and all his assets confiscated to pay for abused and abandoned animals.

Then again, when football players can commit multiple murders and walk away scott-free, I guess the Vick case is just another example of our Bizarro-World "Justice System" in action.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hmmm, let's see here:

She's clearly pro-gun
She's not afraid to get her hands dirty and kill her own meat
She's clearly not some PETA vegan granola type

Yep! Take her, sounds like "one of yours"!
I doubt there are any Conservatives in Portland, Oregon. I'm pretty sure she's a liberal.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:01 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't want to hear a damn thing on this from the lefties here. If this picture were hanging in the right place you would all be trying to interpret what she is expressing and calling it modern art.
Get serious. Not everything is political..some things are simply human.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:02 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
well i have to say'' this brings new meaning to the phrase "stop wearing> opps, beating the dead horse"

sick chick..

Old 11-04-2011, 03:04 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Don't go there, I'm a PETA type, and find this despicable.

I'm liberal and an animal rights person AND an artist and find your posts highly disturbing as well. Perhaps you are one who enjoys this sort of disgusting behavior. Please don't upset your friends on the right by saying its OK in your book! I wouldn't consider saying that is acceptable behavior by the right!

Old 11-04-2011, 03:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
During a certain era from the not so distant past that woman would have been taken straight to a sanitarium, placed in a straightjacket and tucked away for the rest of her life.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
While I generally don't get involved, I do believe behavior indicating psychological problems should be investigated. And without doubt anyone so mentally unbalanced as to gut and climb inside a dead horse, then post the video online, should be checked out for psychiatric disorder. Also, society needs to ensure the animal was put down humanely.

This "snitch" in this case is justified for reporting to the authorities, because animal abuse is a MAJOR predictor of criminal activity: "Stats on animal abuse show a sharp correlation between animal abuse & other crimes, including rape, robbery, murder, sexual homicide, domestic abuse and more. E.G.: studies show 100% of sexual homicide perps (like Jeffrey Dahmer) started by abusing animals."

That being said, in a society that has FAR too many laws micromanaging virtually every aspect of life, we have very little restrictions on--or punishment of--animal abuse. Look at Michael Vick, the football player that ran a dog-fighting ring for 5 years. This sick sadist "served 21 months in prison, followed by two months in home confinement...In 2010, Vick became the Eagles starting quarterback and led them to the 2011 NFL Playoffs as NFC East Champions...He was named the 2010 NFL Comeback Player of the Year and was selected to his fourth Pro Bowl. Vick is now recognized as one of the Elite starting quarterbacks in the NFL." Michael Vick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Unbelievable. Society--football fans in particular--continue to reward him with fame and riches, when he should have been ostracized and all his assets confiscated to pay for abused and abandoned animals.

Then again, when football players can commit multiple murders and walk away scott-free, I guess the Vick case is just another example of our Bizarro-World "Justice System" in action.
always eloquent and right to the point. well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies