Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulapr222 View Post
They were a scattering of warring tribes which enslaved, killed each other and built no real functioning society, government, etc.
That's your opinion. To the indigenous people, what they had worked.

Quote:
Whites came and built a superpower which gave the world numerous numerous technological advancements...
Maybe and maybe not, but we know that the process of building superpowers destroyed the indigenous culture and introduced the horror of slavery to the Americas.

Quote:
What has Africa given the world in terms of inventions?

The basics. Math, science, civilization, you know..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:04 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossjr79 View Post
Its very much a part of AMERICAN CULTURE, more defined as a Musical Culture that you are referring to. And to answer your question, just about all my life I have been around Blacks and Mexicans. Im half latin myself. I see the crap all the time. However I see it with ALL RACES. Finances and how you are brought up defines this. Not the color of someones skin. So since you want to point out that these people are acting black, so I am going to take a risk and assume that you also mean President Obama is acting like he is white, or President Clinton acts like he is Black, or how about Charles Bolden Jr (who is the administrator of NASA) is he acting like he is white?

When I see a standing American President "fist bump" his stupid wife yes to me that is "acting black". When I see Oprah winfrey go from talking normally with normal pronunciation, grammar etc........to all of a sudden chiming in with a "hey grffrennnnnnnn".....that is "acting" black. Like I said fo shizzle my nizzle was not invented by whites or mexicans. It's a black thing. Snoop Doggy Dog and all the other black rappers have probably single handedly influenced blacks more than any other cultural revolution. I would NEVER imagine a Ron Paul fist bumping his wife on national t.v. Or even Bill Clinton.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulapr222 View Post
They were a scattering of warring tribes which enslaved, killed each other and built no real functioning society, government, etc.

Whites came and built a superpower which gave the world numerous numerous technological advancements... What has Africa given the world in terms of inventions?

LMAO talk about a braindead, public school educated American ignoramus...........wow! The Native Americans that were living here had been living here for THOUSANDS of years. I guess you'd say the same thing about the ancient Aztecs and Mayans as well right? They were no more enslaving, uncivilized, or downright savage than the Romans were. The Native Americans that lived all over North America were an amazing culture and an amazing civilization. Cahokia mounds. Their relationship with the natural world i.e. their farming practices, their respect for nature, some of their medicinal and herbal knowledge, their horsemanship. Not all Indian tribes kept slaves and were violent. Most were not. What we did to the Indians was evil and the way we as a nation act still illustrates that. We are slaughtering people all over the world in the name of "terrorism" to make way for the corporations and big oil. Just a 21st century form of Manifest Destiny. The Indians managed to live on this continent in harmony with nature for thousands of years. We'll be lucky if we survive 300-400 hundred.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM

129 posts, read 154,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
When I see a standing American President "fist bump" his stupid wife yes to me that is "acting black". When I see Oprah winfrey go from talking normally with normal pronunciation, grammar etc........to all of a sudden chiming in with a "hey grffrennnnnnnn".....that is "acting" black. Like I said fo shizzle my nizzle was not invented by whites or mexicans. It's a black thing. Snoop Doggy Dog and all the other black rappers have probably single handedly influenced blacks more than any other cultural revolution. I would NEVER imagine a Ron Paul fist bumping his wife on national t.v. Or even Bill Clinton.
I can give you that on the whole fo shizzle thing. And I honest think its stupid as hell. But on your fist bump. I do not see how that is a so called black thing, since it was a white person who first did it. you can read that for yourself here Fist bump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-07-2011, 01:16 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
Basically, if they aren't bothering you by living there, there should be no issue. If however their very existence in your neighborhood bugs you, then there might be something more going on there. If the kid dressing like a thug just does that to be all counterculture but is a good kid, I don't have any beef with it.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBooBoo View Post
Most math came from the middle east not the congo
Africa's a huge place. It's not an either/or zero-sum game here. Egypt, Nubia and Ethiopia are also in Africa, and all were seats of ancient learning.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:21 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
See that's exactly what I'm talking about.....I don't wanna live around NASCAR watching white idiots. Sorry! Like I said intelligence and education level is a much better measuring stick than hot dogs and apple pie.

It's assimilated and familiarity as well.
But in your knee jerk reaction rush to 'insult' white people...you totally missed my point...

Why do you think I boldened the word perception ?

It's a perception thing...and not neccisarily a reality thing....

And regardless of how you feel or frame it induvisually, the overwhelming population of blacks and whites and Asians and everyone inbetween, percieve whites, as a whole, better than they percieve blacks, as a whole...

In principle that may not be right, but in reality it's true...

I understand you trying to make a 'induvisual point'...or take a 'jab'...

But that doesn't really address my post you responded too....

I can't tell you the overwhelming number of blacks I encounter who treat other blacks 'nasty' based on the perception issue in my post...

For instance...black cashiers love to throw the whole 'sir sir sir ma'am' thing around to white custimors...but if your a black male or female...

They resort to some kind 'ghetto' stance or gaze...

Again...based on your biological traits, even the black cashier will adjust how she interacts with custimors...

Which shows blacks are just as prone to be 'racist', towards one another, as much as it is pressumed whites are...

Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
You can't win on this one. If you're heterosexual and white, you're guaranteed to be called a homophobic racist if you state that you prefer to live around other heterosexual whites.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:44 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,522,379 times
I have no comment on the original question at the moment, but for those who like statistics and demographics, this may be of interest:

Hayden Lake, Idaho (99.6 percent white), if you really wanted to go for the gold.
Mackay, ID
also looks extremely nice town, judging by some photos on Google images (98.6 percent white).
Paris, ID (99.1 percent white)
Cottonwood, ID (98 percent white)

While Idaho is not the whitest state (it's high up on the list, though), it boasts some of the whitest towns in the U.S., many of which are in the 99 to almost 100 percent range with Hayden Lake being the whitest.

If any white people wanted to live in a town that is really white, there's some top picks.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 PM

Mission Viejo, CA is one of the safest cities not only in California but in the nation. It's 79.8% white. Of course Orange County is one of the wealthiest counties in the nation. But still. Where there is crime there has always been a high density of blacks and minorities. But then again is it because of poverty? Maybe maybe not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies