Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 09:25 AM

178 posts, read 267,863 times

Advertisements

i do not understand why if i look at someone funny, i can be sued for it or arrested for some style of hate crime (a little bit of an overstatement, but you get it). what steps did america take to get this way? and does it hurt the USA? also i'd like to hear some stories. some are funny

ps: my personal opinion is that people should grow a pair and toughin up a little. some parts of the laws are valid. but as an overalll statement people should use the old saying of "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
We are turning into a nation of sissies. Parents don't know how to raise children anymore and use this type of behavior as a scapegoat for their own failures.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:29 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambogojo View Post
i do not understand why if i look at someone funny, i can be sued for it or arrested for some style of hate crime (a little bit of an overstatement, but you get it). what steps did america take to get this way? and does it hurt the USA? also i'd like to hear some stories. some are funny

ps: my personal opinion is that people should grow a pair and toughin up a little. some parts of the laws are valid. but as an overalll statement people should use the old saying of "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Why do people always use the phrase "grow a pair" when talking about being tough? Testicles are soft and weak. Maybe they should say "grow a vagina" because those things really take a pounding.

Last edited by LetsRock; 11-04-2011 at 10:13 AM..

Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Why do people always use the phrase "grow a pair" when talking about being tough? Maybe they should say "grow a vagina" because those things really take a pounding.
This is, of course, true.

But guys like to feel tough so they equate testicles to being tough, however if 'a pair' took half the beating of a vagina the owner would be crying on the floor. Or at least jumping up and down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambogojo View Post

For what reason should only physical injuries be considered? Why is an emotional injury any less real than a physical one?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Why is an emotional injury any less real than a physical one?
Because emotional injury is subjective. Not everyone is a damn sissy.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Because emotional injury is subjective.
Do you realize that people have different tolerances for physical pain as well?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:54 AM

178 posts, read 267,863 times
Quote:
ya. but i haven't seen someone go to the ER because they got "burned"

Old 11-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
That's irrelevant. A physical injury can be proven, a mental injury cannot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies