Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 03:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times

Advertisements

Why not? Out law war for profit while you are at it - People die fighting for some trumped up noble cause...treat ALL life as sacred and it will be a better world...and in the end a safer one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 03:18 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,102 times
You dont mind Obama Care, forcing peole to 'buy' Health Insurance, and penalizing them if they dont.

You dont mind a lot of things Big Government imposes on you...

But, you condone abortions, and the later term abortions where they jam scissors into the heads and necks of children before they bring the head out of the uterus, just so the Mother doesnt have to raise the child-->throw-aways they should be called.

I applaud Mississippi for thier wanting to pass a law, enabling every chid to have a chance to be born, with out being scraped out of the womb, or murdered before they are born, by having body parts ripped off or death by instrument.

Just my opinion, for all its worth, and, Im sure yours is different, but, to each our own.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-06-2011, 03:21 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The ramifications of this would be sweeping. I don't think conservatives fully understand that passages of laws like these lead to government intruding on people's private lives. It's also not an action of "small" government, just the opposite.

Mississippi voting on amendment to declare fertilized egg a person - CNN.com
So what happens when some nice old lady accidentally drops a tray full of beakers of fertilized eggs on the floor?

500 counts of manslaughter?

Old 11-06-2011, 10:56 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The ramifications of this would be sweeping. I don't think conservatives fully understand that passages of laws like these lead to government intruding on people's private lives. It's also not an action of "small" government, just the opposite.

Mississippi voting on amendment to declare fertilized egg a person - CNN.com
In related news, Mississippi wants to pass a resolution declaring the earth to be flat.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:15 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
You dont mind Obama Care, forcing peole to 'buy' Health Insurance, and penalizing them if they dont.

You dont mind a lot of things Big Government imposes on you...

But, you condone abortions, and the later term abortions where they jam scissors into the heads and necks of children before they bring the head out of the uterus, just so the Mother doesnt have to raise the child-->throw-aways they should be called.

I applaud Mississippi for thier wanting to pass a law, enabling every chid to have a chance to be born, with out being scraped out of the womb, or murdered before they are born, by having body parts ripped off or death by instrument.

Just my opinion, for all its worth, and, Im sure yours is different, but, to each our own.

I wish you well...

Jesse
Jesse.....you show a profound lack of knowledge concerning late term abortions and why they are done.

Women who have late term abortions want a baby, but something has gone horribly wrong......either the mother could die if the pregnancy continues or the fetus is horribly malformed and will only suffer in agony before it dies if it is born.

There are already severe restrictions on late term abortion.....a woman can't get one just because she changed her mind.

For you to disparage women who find themselves in that situation is sickening......do some research/get educated on the subject.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:15 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
So, Jews are the final authority on when life begins? Why? I would think actual science would take precidence.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not true. For a very long time it was believed that 'life' began with 'quickening' - the point at which the mother could feel actual movement.
Oh, so it's whatever you happen to believe, huh? Great. So, prior to the stage of development when the muscles can actually function, is this 'person' not a life? You put yourself in the position of answering that question. Is the fetus alive, or isn't it? If it isn't, how can development take place?

Ignorance abounds in "pro-choice" circles. You don't want to face facts.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
This is taking it too far.
Pretty soon sperm will be considered people...

Oh no.... that would take the mans right away to masturbate. That would take it way too far.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:42 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Mississippi voted against that nutjob constitutional amendment that banned birth control, the normal side may come thru again. The fact that I have to actually wonder if they will act like normal people says quite sad things about the state. I'll never understand why the ignorant bigoted white people and the ignorant bigoted black people there don't get along, you'd think stupidity and Bible thumping would be a fun common bond.

Mississippi is like if Mike Tyson was a state: you believe every crazy thing you hear about it because it's likely true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies