Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

Really shows you what they're all about doesn't it? Great pic, BTW.
Retired Police Captain Gets Arrested At Occupy Wall Street | Prose Before Hos

Note; The Daily mail link has a graphic bloody picture of a OWS man's thumped skull. It has a little more detail about the officer.
Occupy Wall Street: Brandon Watts, Ray Lewis and Stacey Hessler in New York protests | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
70Ford

What they're all about? I am not sure what you are trying to say.

I see Americans from all walks of life standing up the rights of the working man, the poor, seniors, the disabled, children and others. I see Americans defending and exercising their constitutional rights. I also see the brutality of an out of control police that is allowing police psycho's and sociopaths to act out on peaceful citizens. Most of what I see at a police enforcement of OWS looks more like a page from the days of nazi storm troopers. Even a retired police captain from Philadelphia can see the merit in the OWS protests and yet is treated like a common criminal. This man is a hero.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:22 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Really shows you what they're all about doesn't it? Great pic, BTW.
Retired Police Captain Gets Arrested At Occupy Wall Street | Prose Before Hos

Note; The Daily mail link has a graphic bloody picture of a OWS man's thumped skull. It has a little more detail about the officer.
Occupy Wall Street: Brandon Watts, Ray Lewis and Stacey Hessler in New York protests | Mail Online

that dang pot smoking hippy cop remember every protester is a pot smoking hippy....

thats what i read on here everyday

Old 11-21-2011, 10:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
all the occupiers should be arrested

Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Really shows you what they're all about doesn't it?

so a retired union thug collecting a 6 figure pension..is complaining about what???

Old 11-21-2011, 10:37 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
From the OP's linked article regarding the "bashed and bloody skull";

Quote:
Brandon Watts, 20, of Philadelphia, was the first person to set up a tent inside Zuccotti Park, claimed to have lost his virginity there and had already been arrested four times before yesterday.

Then he saw his bloody face on the New York Daily News front-page after allegedly taking the hat off a deputy inspector’s head, being chased into the camp and hitting his head on the concrete.
But he pleaded not guilty to charges relating to the alleged cap theft on Friday, with his lawyer claiming he was assaulted by police and has four staples in his scalp because of his injuries.

Watts has been arrested five times since the protest began two months ago and has been living on his own since his early teens, his lawyer said, adding that he suffers from emotional problems.
Five arrests so far would cause many people to question his actions and judgment. It certainly paints him as something other than an innocent victim.

The retired captain is fortunate he's not yet been charged with impersonating an officer.

Additionally, this is a duplicate thread; News, NYPD Arrest Ex-Philly Cop During Occupy.

Last edited by outbacknv; 11-21-2011 at 10:56 PM..

Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
all the occupiers should be arrested
Working class hero? I think not. In no sense do I agree with you, not with your moniker nor with your piddly comment. If you were a working class hero,
wouldn't you be hard at work, standing up for the "working man's" rights, the rights to a decent chance to embrace the vanishing American dream? Being
that you broadcast the fact that you are a working man, it seems evident that you've lost a measure of compassion for the poor slob who has no job,
because the bums on Wall St. have emptied the piggy-bank. Why would it unnerve you to see that there are a growing class of people who're unwilling to
be shoved under the carpet of an economy that has been largely manipulated and controlled by a bunch of crooked bankers and traders? If it was in the
15th century, and the villagers were up-in-arms about their treatment by the king, they'd grab their pitchforks and their torches and storm the castle.
Wasn't that what Bastile day was all about? Well Mr. Smartypants working hero, this is not the 15th century, the natives are restless, they have been
swindled by those whom they put faith in, they've been kicked in the a$$ too long now, they're not going to take it any longer. For the longest time, I've
waited for a time when people did more than armchair quarterbacking, a time when they were sick enough of our treatment, to stand up like men against
the runaway and relentless machine of capitalism. What good are convictions or principles if you are too cowardly to stand up for them? Dude, I think that
it is really YOU, who should be arrested. For treason, and for your sympathetic collusion with those crooked traders and bankers!

Old 11-21-2011, 11:32 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so a retired union thug collecting a 6 figure pension..is complaining about what???
Retired union thug? Jeeeze, you are full of one liners, as I see it, incapable of intelligent commentary, to the point that I believe you are jockying for a position
as most closely imitating someone with an intelligent point of view, while basically having nothing to say! Don't you see how nobly admirable it is, to have anyone
with a six figure income, taking up the yoke of the unfortunate, those who haven't got a pot to pi$$ in? Wouldn't you think that the typical guy with an income like
that, would be sitting there in his Barcolounger, sipping a martini and watching Fox news, rather than getting out there to the front lines of a public assembly which
seeks redress, for all of the injustice done through a financial system that has fleeced them? Patriotism be damed, if you had those six figures, you'd probably be so
smugly satisfied with your life's accounting and remain empathetic to the plight of your fellow man. I'm yet to receive an intelligent argument, a stating of your beliefs
beyond your criticizm, those dullwit comments which serve only to make it clear, that you have not got the slightest idea of what these "Occupy" movements are all
about, what the goals are for the thousands who, instead of offering comments on an internet forum, have felt a compulsion to protest the second rate deal that this
new face of America is giving us, and are out there in the cold, doing something about it.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:41 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Working class hero? I think not. In no sense do I agree with you, not with your moniker nor with your piddly comment. If you were a working class hero,
wouldn't you be hard at work, standing up for the "working man's" rights, the rights to a decent chance to embrace the vanishing American dream? Being
that you broadcast the fact that you are a working man, it seems evident that you've lost a measure of compassion for the poor slob who has no job,
because the bums on Wall St. have emptied the piggy-bank. Why would it unnerve you to see that there are a growing class of people who're unwilling to
be shoved under the carpet of an economy that has been largely manipulated and controlled by a bunch of crooked bankers and traders? If it was in the
15th century, and the villagers were up-in-arms about their treatment by the king, they'd grab their pitchforks and their torches and storm the castle.
Wasn't that what Bastile day was all about? Well Mr. Smartypants working hero, this is not the 15th century, the natives are restless, they have been
swindled by those whom they put faith in, they've been kicked in the a$$ too long now, they're not going to take it any longer. For the longest time, I've
waited for a time when people did more than armchair quarterbacking, a time when they were sick enough of our treatment, to stand up like men against
the runaway and relentless machine of capitalism. What good are convictions or principles if you are too cowardly to stand up for them? Dude, I think that
it is really YOU, who should be arrested. For treason, and for your sympathetic collusion with those crooked traders and bankers!
This needs a rep ...Unfortunately, I gotta spread some around.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:04 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Retired police captain arrested at Occupy Wall Street.
I'll wager his pension and retiree benefits package as a retired Philadelphia Police Captain puts him in the small portion of the upper tier of Americans.

Last edited by doc1; 11-22-2011 at 12:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies