Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times

Advertisements

I just don't see Homosrxuals as a minority, more of a group are left handed people a minority? Green eyed people?

The facts are just because you don't agree with someone it doesn't mean your a Bigot.
Homosexuals should just put on their big girl panties and stop crying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 09:23 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,272,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
if they were openly bigoted towards any other minority they would be dead in the water. yet their MAIN candidates for president are OPENLY bigoted towards gays. ( and yes being against gay marriage or against the repeal of DADT or FOR bullying of gays DOES make you a bigot)

HOw can they simply just say these things openly with no consequence? they still get elected, they aren't trying to cover this up.

I'm gay and i did NOTHING wrong to deserve even a smidge of hostility or inequality. I deserve to be punished for choices i make that harm others, NOT for unchosen birth traits
Because they pull stunts like this and play the victim:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
How do liberals get away with being openly bigoted towards anyone who has a different viewpoint from them?
"Woah is me, why am I experiencing backlash after I just did/said something that shows I hate gays!? The world is unfair, it must be the Liberals' faults."

Old 11-04-2011, 09:38 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,991,284 times
Default Yep ! ... You Be Ah Danged Ole Biggut Iffin Ya Don't Seez It My Way Y'all" !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You must be a bigot then since you're against the traditional concept of marriage. Why do you want to silence the voice of Christian Americans? Don't be a bigot.
Supachai !!! ... On The Money !!!

Indeed ... How utterly pathetic this thread theme truly is !

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH ! It's enough to cause a bloke to set sail with Capt. Morgan for a little while tonight !

Keep up the good work Supachai !!!

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,640,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I oppose gay marriage in it's current form because it will surely (and already has) infringed on the rights of the church, opening them to discrimination lawsuits if they refuse to perform a ceremony that goes against the beliefs of that church.
I agree. The church should be able to approve or deny any marriage, no questions asked. Likewise, the government should have no part in determining what is, or what is not, a church-worthy marriage.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:21 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,479,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I know plenty of conservatives that are not hateful towards gays, but oppose gay marriage for other reasons; usually to preserve the traditional meaning of marriage, to ensure children raised in households get both a male and female role model, etc.

I oppose gay marriage in it's current form because it will surely (and already has) infringed on the rights of the church, opening them to discrimination lawsuits if they refuse to perform a ceremony that goes against the beliefs of that church. I'd fully support a law that allowed gay marriage, as long as there is a provision that allows churches to deny those seeking same-sex marriage without threat of legal repercussion.
Keep telling yourself that!

Why do you assume I want to get married in a Church????? How does my getting married infringe on your rights and/or your Church's rights.

Frankly "you and your Church" are shoving your bigotry/agendas down America's throats then crying you're the victims!

Half of straight marriages end in divorce.........so your male/female model does not fly.

But I bet you would still VOTE against gay civil unions......contrary to what you try to say.

It boils down to this>>>>>

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 11-04-2011 at 11:24 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
They call all people bigots if you don't agree with their lifestyle. That's all you hear from the gays.
You "people" have proven the OP's premise and don't even have the cognitive faculties to realize you're doing EXACTLY what he is accusing you of!!!!!

Bigotry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the definition fits than man up and wear it.

I've not read ONE word in this thread calling "Christians" anything; but already scores of insults at gay people.

Typical Republicans....."Do as I say but not as I do"!!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2011, 10:33 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,835 times
If I look the other way at your aberrance, will you leave my kids alone at school?

Or are you determined to force your way into their curriculum?

Old 11-04-2011, 11:09 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,979,934 times
Default Santa Clause... Easter Bunny... Toothfairy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You must be a bigot then since you're against the traditional concept of marriage. Why do you want to silence the voice of Christian Americans? Don't be a bigot.
because we don't tell you that you can't go to church and practice your archaic beliefs... but many religious people petition and tell gay people they can't be married, shouldn't have children, shouldn't be protected in their work places, condone bullying gay youth, against adding gays to the hate crimes bill... etc.

and I love that, this is what the religious have singled out the most... Just looked over the whole thing were its ok to own slaves, beat your wife and children if they don't listen to you, treating women like property instead of people, not eating seafood.... All of those things in that book of fairy tales of course are considered preposterous to modern society... but two loving, consenting, individuals who are gay can't get married.... because you don't think they should.... Rationalize much?

ridiculous... get over yourselves and mind your own business and let us live our lives.

Last edited by GottaHerdOn; 11-04-2011 at 11:28 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
If I look the other way at your aberrance, will you leave my kids alone at school?

Or are you determined to force your way into their curriculum?
And your post has exactly what to do with the thread topic and/or gay marriage?????? Unbelievable!

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred

Whosoever: The Homophobic Agenda

Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
And your post has exactly what to do with the thread topic and/or gay marriage?????? Unbelievable!

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred

Whosoever: The Homophobic Agenda
You poke your partner in whatever orifice you wish in the privacy of your own bedroom.

Then leave my kid the hell out of it in school.

Comprendo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies