Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 05:39 PM

564 posts, read 892,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm very happy with BofA. I don't get charged for ANY of the accounts I have. I don't pay ANY fees for debit OR a yearly charge for my credit card.
I have three credit unions...I advise you to join one. I have NEVER had a problem with one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 PM

KUchief25

Frankly I don't give a hoot who you bank with...but to call other Americans exercising their first amendment right, whatever it was...I don't stand with OWS, but I stand as an American with other's rights.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

READ IT AGAIN. Understand don't step on my or your or other's rights.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Frankly I don't give a hoot who you bank with...but to call other Americans exercising their first amendment right, whatever it was...I don't stand with OWS, but I stand as an American with other's rights.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

READ IT AGAIN. Understand don't step on my or your or other's rights.
The right of the people peaceably to assemble has turned into:

violence including property damage, arson, physical assaults, rape, tresspassing and blocking commerce at a major port, theft, illegal drug use, and have devolved to riots requiring significant police presence to protect and defend private property.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:48 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't think it's since these loons protets it's because folks are seeing their accounts gettting charged for what was free before. That tends to get folks attention. Folks urinating on themselves doesn't.
Most folks are tired of seeing the CEO's get the "Golden Parachute" while big corporations give them the "Golden Shower"

Old 11-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The right of the people peaceably to assemble has turned into:

violence including property damage, arson, physical assaults, rape, tresspassing and blocking commerce at a major port, theft, illegal drug use, and have devolved to riots requiring significant police presence to protect and defend private property.
Says who? THE MEDIA? Are you f'n kidding me?

Old 11-04-2011, 05:53 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is some great news, since the OWS protests have begun, speaking out against the cronyism from the wall street and the big banks, people have been shifting their accounts from the big banks to credit unions in massive numbers.
An estimated 650,000 people and 4.5 billion dollars in funds have shifted over to the credit unions from the big banks in just the past month. This isn't even considering the "move your money project" campaign set for tomorrow (the 5th) for people to close their accounts at big banks and move them to credit unions which could soar the numbers even higher.

Hate your bank?

650,000 Americans Switched to Credit Unions Last Month | Moneyland | TIME.com

Right. Anyone with a brain in their head ignores these twits. They have no political power whatsoever and are just spoiled brats acting out. They need a nap or a spanking. I do not make financial decisions based on the mindless acts of brats and out of control liberals.

Signed- the 1%

Old 11-04-2011, 05:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Says who? THE MEDIA? Are you f'n kidding me?
Do you deny reality? There are plenty of photos, videos, and articles from #occupy (insert city name) all over the country with similar accounts linked here on CD for your perusal.

The silly thing is that anyone had to follow a movement in order to move their banking if they were dissatisfied. Surely people are capable of doing this on their own without taking direction from strangers aren't they? Collectivism depends on herd mentality. (insert down twinkle fingers signal here)

Old 11-04-2011, 05:58 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I like my bank. I don't understand why people keep some of these banks, especially BOA. I have never heard one good thing about them and everyone just complains about all of their fees. I've been with TD bank since they were Commerce. I have never been charged a fee, not once. They gave me a credit card no questions asked. They refund all of my ATM fees if I use another bank's ATM. They don't charge me any monthly or annual fee. They don't charge me for moving my money around to savings accounts or retirement accounts. They even pay me interest on my checking account.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:01 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't think it's since these loons protets it's because folks are seeing their accounts gettting charged for what was free before. That tends to get folks attention. Folks urinating on themselves doesn't.
I, rather see the growing protest movement, as an assemblage of those who're sick and tired of being bitten on hands that have been feeding
and filling the troughs of big money, doing whatever they can to make their plight known. Some who accentuate this protest by citing a few scattered
incidents, don't seem to focus upon the greater menace, the damage done to our society by our unreasonably greedy financial industry, the methodical
plundering of our economy through years of deregulation, greed and corruption. America will easily overcome those few isolated incidents of arson, rape,
tresspassing and yes, even the violence, but restoring the economy and regaining trust in the governmental agencies who're obviously complicit in the
financial terrorism that we've seen on the part of our major banking corporations, most likely, won't be happening in my remaining lifetime.

As far as violence, looting, arson and general mayhem goes, I've seen it all before, and the irony of it all is that I've seen more of it evidenced
in a Stanley Cup Championship celebration, than down there in Zuccotti Park, or for that matter, even Oakland CA.

Vancouver police recommend first Stanley Cup riot charges against 60 people

Old 11-04-2011, 07:23 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
OWS trying to take credit for people moving their money from a bank to credit union when it was the banks who caused their own problems by charging a fee to use a debit card. And banks wanted to recoup lost money from the Durbin [D] IL amendment to the Dodd/Frank bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies