Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 12:57 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.
Remember the Book By Jim Bouton, Ball Four. I seem to remember a passage in it about a ball player losing it while talking to a fan and saying that he made so much last year what did you make. Another player said that he lost the argument when he had to throw his wallet at him. I believe you just proved that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 01:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I've said this before, but I'll repeat it for the ignorant...
If you could distribute every penny of wealth in the USA, so everyone has exactly the same amount.
In a couple of years, or sooner, the rich will be rich again, and the poor will be poor again.
If you're not smart enough to make money, and know what to do with the money you make, you will be right back where you started.

You're conflating apples and oranges. Making money and knowing what to do with the money you make are two different things.

All the money know-how in the world won't make you wealthy on a minimum wage (or lower) income, especially if the income is inconsistent and has gaps.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:12 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I've said this before, but I'll repeat it for the ignorant...
If you could distribute every penny of wealth in the USA, so everyone has exactly the same amount.
In a couple of years, or sooner, the rich will be rich again, and the poor will be poor again.
If you're not smart enough to make money, and know what to do with the money you make, you will be right back where you started.
But there would be one heck of a boom for the sellers of beer, twinkies, and scratch-off lottery tickets.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Remember the Book By Jim Bouton, Ball Four. I seem to remember a passage in it about a ball player losing it while talking to a fan and saying that he made so much last year what did you make. Another player said that he lost the argument when he had to throw his wallet at him. I believe you just proved that.
Ballplayer: $40M

Teacher: $40K

Is this a great country or what?

Old 11-06-2011, 02:31 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yep.

That is the 100% God's honest truth. That is why I DESPISE these people that say they cannot make it in America. I worked very hard. I cleaned dairy barns in high school and college and came home covered in liquid sh*t for four summers in a row. I smelled like cow sh*t in college for two months until the smell removed itself from the fat in my skin. I sold pot to spoiled brats for income in high school and college- partly for money and partly to take down spoiled brats who were blowing thier golden opportunity. I have no tolerance for bums and am infuriated by these well heeled jerks who are sitting there on daddy's money. You know what would have happened to me in a similar circumstance? I would have starved, as I had no one to support my food or shelter, except for me. These burgoise "communists" (who are just spoiled brats) can go to hell. Working people cannot afford to do this idiotic stuff. This is the luxury of spoiled rich brats. Let them freeze- they will go home to daddy soon enough. I did not have that luxury.

Life can be very good for those who work hard and look on the bright side.

PS- I am lying. I checked my Vanguard account today and the total value of my Brazilian assets and it about $25 million, not $ 20 million.
So - You made $20 million selling drugs and you would recommend that as an answer for the youth of America? If everyone is selling drugs, there is no one left to buy them. Do you have a plan "B"...?

Old 11-06-2011, 02:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So - You made $20 million selling drugs and you would recommend that as an answer for the youth of America? If everyone is selling drugs, there is no one left to buy them. Do you have a plan "B"...?
The OP never said he made 20 million selling drugs.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:02 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The OP never said he made 20 million selling drugs.
Well the point is he used drugs to get to where he is today. Without selling drugs he wouldn't have been able to pay for college...

So his story really isn't that impressive since he used illegal means to get there.

I'm far more impressed with those that follow the law.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:47 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Well the point is he used drugs to get to where he is today. Without selling drugs he wouldn't have been able to pay for college...

So his story really isn't that impressive since he used illegal means to get there.

Selling drugs is OK with a lot of people as long as nobody got caught and they made a lot of money.

I remember when a local legislator was arrested for fraud, and one woman said "It's hard to believe. He's such a good man, he goes to church, and he has a real nice house".

Greed is good, and the end justifies the means. It's the conservative mantra.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post

He was never convicted so he must have been a small time seller. I don't think I would assume that he could not attend medical school without selling marijuana to college students.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
He was never convicted so he must have been a small time seller. I don't think I would assume that he could not attend medical school without selling marijuana to college students.
Just because he was "never convicted" doesn't tell you anything other then the police never found out, or the police/DA felt sorry for him. I am tired of all these soft on crime people who think it is perfectly OK to sell pot to minors (high school students). Even if it is only a small amount he still would have been facing hefty time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies