Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 10:20 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,828,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, it is luck. Because deciding to cross the street 1 second before or after would have resulted in not being hit. If cancer cells didn't mutate, your child wouldn't have had cancer. If you left for work two minutes later, you wouldn't have been hit by that tractor trailer.

Luck.

Not statistics. Not bad decision making. Have some of become so enamored with humanity that we believe we are untouchable and in full control of life and her whims?
There is definitely luck/chance involved, but good decisions can definitely alter the chances significantly in or out of your favor.

Look both ways before crossing. Once you start crossing walk fast rather than slow. While crossing still glance left and right (and even up sometimes if you're in the city).

Don't feed your kid garbage, wear hats, use sunscreen, don't smoke around your kid, don't buy your kid a cellphone(possibly).

Don't drive 30 miles down the highway right behind/infront/next to a tractor trailer. Be very alert and careful when driving. Once in a while yield to traffic even when technically you have the 'right of way', glance in your rearview mirrors once in a while - not just when you're backing up or changing lanes, don't text or talk on your phone in the car, don't crank the radio/mp3s up so loud, don't eat while you're driving

I agree, every day you are rolling the die - but I also firmly believe you have a choice in how many/few you are rolling with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,032,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
What I have not seen an answer to is my question of how you managed to get a medical license if you were selling illegal drugs to children?

That is a felony in most jurisdictions. Lots of people have gone to jai for long periods of time for doing that. Did you not tell the State medical boards about this part of your life?

(I am bringing this back because of the number of REPS I have received the past couple of days on this post)

STILL have not seen an answer to this question. Did I miss it?

The only possibility is that you lied to the Medical Board that licensed you. Now that you have your $25mil, why not correct your past mistake? It's unlikely that the bulk of your $25 mil is from practicing medicine.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:24 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,938,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.
I don't think that they are a bunch of "rich kids" that are demonstrating. Check your facts before you post on here.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,799,206 times
Quote:
LOL I don't know. Like I said, I'm sure someone that knows what they are talking about could come up with a solution. My thinking is that if more people could afford insurance, we wouldn't have such high healthcare costs that happen from the uninsured.
It seems to me that for the most part what we in the USA call healthcare insurance is not an insurance product at all. It is, in essence, pre-paid healthcare.

We all have automobiles & have car insurance - yet we don't expect State Farm or Allstate to pay for our oil changes & brake jobs.

Yet we expect "health insurance" to pay for doctors visits when we have the flu or aches & pains.

Somewhere along the line, we redefined "health insurance" to be that you can go to the doctor whenever you feel like it & pay a modest co-pay. Aside from that modest co-pay, it is "all you can eat" healthcare.

Because of this, health care insurance is expensive. It isn't health care insurance - it is buying pre-paid medical care.

That is the root of the problem.

If we were to separate out true insurance from pre-paid care, the former would be affordable. The latter would not.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,820,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.
Your story mirrors the majority of people in the middle class. Your work ethic, making the right decisions, charting a path to success, providing for your family...just doing the right thing all around.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:51 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,158,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Your story mirrors the majority of people in the middle class. Your work ethic, making the right decisions, charting a path to success, providing for your family...just doing the right thing all around.
The majority of the middle class are braggarts?

Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,526,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
(I am bringing this back because of the number of REPS I have received the past couple of days on this post)

STILL have not seen an answer to this question. Did I miss it?

The only possibility is that you lied to the Medical Board that licensed you. Now that you have your $25mil, why not correct your past mistake? It's unlikely that the bulk of your $25 mil is from practicing medicine.
bump. good question

Old 12-04-2011, 11:06 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,302,660 times
Quote:
It is laughable that some of you don't understand that speaking about luck and happenstance (or selling drugs) is somehow equal to disbelief of hard work ending in wealth.
I wonder why the left has no drive to improve themselves, how they believe that the wealthy got that way by luck and happenstance. Like they were just standing around doing nothing and they found 10 million dollars in the street. (Did Steve Jobs find his wealth or create in it his garage?) These are the ideas of those without hope. I guess Obama didn't deliver on that campaign promise either.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:10 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,526,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
When would he have time to? He's on the internet 24/7. Between making 50 million bucks and posting 12,000 posts, when will he have time for such depravity.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,158,508 times
It never ceases to amaze me how gullible people buy into, without question, the personal
anecdotes of anonymous posters on a public message board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies