Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 05:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Rush Limbaugh pointed out that we have learned a couple of things about Herman Cain. One is that he is not very good at managing a cover up; he's not smooth, and he's probably not a skilled liar. Secondly, he doesn't fold at the first sign of trouble. He doesn't cave in when he meets with pressure.

The former is in distinct contrast to Bill Clinton, who was a master liar. Remember that Clinton got away with most of his 'bimbo eruptions,' and almost certainly would have gotten away with Monica, had it not been for the bizarre fact that Monica kept the semen-stained blue dress and never had it cleaned. He should have gotten an Oscar for his infamous 'I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky,' protestation.

The latter is something that is shared by Clinton and Cain. 'Fighter' was in Bill's DNA--wonder if Ken Starr saw that on the blue dress when he put it under the microscope, because it was there. I have to admit that about the Clintons, both Bill and Hill. Sometimes I didn't know how they could forge on with what they went through, but they always did. Come to think of it, we've had a lot of US Presidents with that bulldog quality--Washington, Jackson, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, Reagan, and W Bush all had it. It appears that Herman Cain has it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 05:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Rush Limbaugh pointed out that we have learned a couple of things about Herman Cain. One is that he is not very good at managing a cover up; he's not smooth, and he's probably not a skilled liar. Secondly, he doesn't fold at the first sign of trouble. He doesn't cave in when he meets with pressure.

The former is in distinct contrast to Bill Clinton, who was a master liar. Remember that Clinton got away with most of his 'bimbo eruptions,' and almost certainly would have gotten away with Monica, had it not been for the bizarre fact that Monica kept the semen-stained blue dress and never had it cleaned. He should have gotten an Oscar for his infamous 'I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky,' protestation.

The latter is something that is shared by Clinton and Cain. 'Fighter' was in Bill's DNA--wonder if Ken Starr saw that on the blue dress when he put it under the microscope, because it was there. I have to admit that about the Clintons, both Bill and Hill. Sometimes I didn't know how they could forge on with what they went through, but they always did. Come to think of it, we've had a lot of US Presidents with that bulldog quality--Washington, Jackson, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, Reagan, and W Bush all had it. It appears that Herman Cain has it too.
Bill Clinton was fueled by premium grade arrogance.

The same goes for most of the others on your list.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
I guess when one is desperately trying to figure out some saving grace in this graceless candidate, I suppose the "stuff of bull dogs" will have to suffice.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:30 PM

535 posts, read 585,843 times
Bill was our first black pres, and if Herman wins, he'll be our second

Old 11-06-2011, 06:26 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
All Presidents are apparently sexual deviants.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:17 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:

Like Clinton, Cain has a thing for the ladies, in spite of being married??

Old 11-06-2011, 07:46 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:

I don't see Cain as a "bulldog." I see him as bumbling, uninformed and completely unqualified, and whose candidacy is a joke. In fact, comparing Cain to Clinton on any level is a joke. Unlike Cain, Clinton actually understood the issues, actually cared and therefore knew who the president of Uzbekistan was as well as other leaders across the globe, could speak with authority on policy issues, and overall, was qualified to be president. You know, qualities that, judging by the candidates on the stage right now, don't seem to matter much in the GOP these days.

But hey, you let Rush keep telling you how great Cain is because I want him to be the GOP nominee. I relish the idea of Cain and Obama going head to head. It will be comedy gold watching Cain struggle to keep up.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
I really hope that the revelations of Cain's sexual harassment towards women pushes conservatives to rally towards Cain and elect him as the GOP nominee. Obama probably wouldn't even have to campaign against Cain. Cain would destroy himself in the process.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:30 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Bill Clinton was much smoother than Cain, hence the reason for his success with the ladies. As the allegations prove, Cain was not as popular with the opposite gender.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:34 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
@ Heyjude, I suppose you've seen this before, but in case you haven't here's some old footage of Herman Cain debating Bill Clinton about a health care proposal, and Cain clearly knows Clinton's plan better than Clinton does.

Herman Cain versus Bill Clinton.mp4 - YouTube

Note the brief deer-in-the headlights look around 6:50 before Clinton recovers (smoothly of course) with the usual punt, telling Cain to send his calculations 'later' so they can be studied.

I'm not going to defend Cain for his lack of knowledge of foreign affairs, but OTOH Clinton was so ignorant of business and economics that he was at the mercy of people like Robert Rubin. We're still paying for that to this day.

But hey, your post drips with sneer; keep on sneering. American voters usually don't react well to that. I like nothing more than seeing the confused reaction on a Wednesday November morning as millions of sneers are simultaneously wiped off of millions of whippersnapper faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies