Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,859,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
How high up and how far reaching into what realms will this lead? I just hope the investigation is pursued bravely and diligently; I imagine there may be some real resistance if not dangers ahead for those pursuing the whole truth and all involved.
Heck, there is already one DA who failed to charge Sandusky who has been missing since 2005! He was declared dead but no body has been found, only his car and laptop sans hard drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 03:50 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,657,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Heck, there is already one DA who failed to charge Sandusky who has been missing since 2005! He was declared dead but no body has been found, only his car and laptop sans hard drive.
Isn't that something? Like an episode of "The Sopranos" or NYC when John Gotti was still running things.

I probably read too many crime novels, but, I'm going to say it anyway: no way this isn't connected to this case. No. Way.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:34 PM

57,073 posts, read 26,036,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I believe this as well, my question is why is he still working and JoePa gets fired? I still do not understand why the person who seen it and reported it but did nothing is still there meanwhile Paterno did exactly what Mcqueary did and just reported it further up the chain and is fired?
Mcreary probably should be fired but an enourmous amount of power rested with Joe Paterno, if he really wanted to take action he could have done more and people would have listened, he is a national legend.

By the way, for him to state I will retire at the end of the season tells me all I need to know about his priorities.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:35 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,232,576 times
If Mike McQueary called the police wouldnt Penn State get backlash regardless?

people would be saying how did Penn State allow this to happen, correct?

so i dont know why people are saying they should've called the cops

i think the only way the public would feel at ease is if someone murdered Sandusky or caused great physical harm to him exactly during the act

Last edited by FreshFresh; 11-10-2011 at 05:10 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 04:43 PM

57,073 posts, read 26,036,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Honestly, if you think Sandusky's 'retirement' in 1999 wasn't related to molesting children you're kidding yourself. To think Paterno, the absolute King of that school didn't know is --- what's more naive than naive ?

Read the GJ report, why don't ya.
I agree he leaves the team in 99 but is allowed access to all the facilities and still remains in that status even during the grand jury investigation, evenwith a history with the janitor, grad assistant coaches and campus police all aware of his actions, something stinks in happy valley.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

i think the only way the public would feel at ease is if someone murdered McQueary or caused great physical harm to him exactly during the act
Oh, baloney. McQueary was the observer. Why would anyone want to murder him? He really should have called 911 right there in the locker room. Yes, Penn State might have gotten some backlash, but I doubt it would have been as bad as this.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,488,745 times
Quote:

i think the only way the public would feel at ease is if someone murdered McQueary or caused great physical harm to him exactly during the act
Yes, there would still be backlash. The reason to call the cops is to catch and punish the molestor and stop him from molesting other children.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:55 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,293,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I agree he leaves the team in 99 but is allowed access to all the facilities and still remains in that status even during the grand jury investigation, evenwith a history with the janitor, grad assistant coaches and campus police all aware of his actions, something stinks in happy valley.
Paterno would be NOTHIN' without Sandusky!

NOTHIN, I tell ya!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times
Quote:

Huh? The guy walked in on the rape of a child and did NOTHING apparently.

McQueary’s dad: ‘it’s eating him up not being able to tell his side’ | CollegeFootballTalk

Quote:
McQueary was a 28-year-old man — not some pimply-faced teenager as some have attempted to portray him — when he allegedly witnessed a 50-something man subjecting a kid less than half his age to anal rape. The fact that he didn’t do anything to stop the sexual assault from continuing is unconscionable. The fact that he’s still on the staff in the wake of everything that’s transpired is a mockery, but par for the course for a university that systematically covered up the acts of an alleged pedophile and, due to that cover-up, permitted countless victims to come into contact with the predator.
This is unbelievable.

Here's some great advice for all those who are UNSURE of what should be done when coming upon the rape of a child.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2011/11/1...te-university/

Instead, this guy LEFT the child with the rapist/pedophile.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Ok got a question and dont want to read through 26 pages to find out if someone answered it.

What age were these boys? I keep hearing about "young boys" but arent we discussing college age kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies