Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Gay is not same as pedophile.

I don't get this either. Grad student was 28 years old and still couldn't make the decision to call the police on his own,
Grad student acted in the true spirit of graduate school and peon-lord relationships. That's what graduate school (Ph.D. level) is about - peonship and looking at the massa for guidance, whether you are 25 or 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 06:44 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You could have read the GJ report before semi-excusing Paterno and the others. They all knew about Sandusky's perversion long before 2002.
Yeah, I could have read it, but I didn't.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:51 PM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Have you ever played the telephone game as a child? There is a reason why hearsay is nonadmissable in a court of law. Personally what I would do is agree to accompany the individual who told me this to the authorities.

Now I see what you're saying about following up and that's an aspect of this case I have an issue with as well. I guess in Paterno's defense in this regard he might have assumed since nothing happened to Sandusky that the charges were investigated and were without merit.

There have been cases of false child abuse reports that ended up ruining the lives of many people.
Your grasp of the situation is slippery. If you are informed of a criminal act against a child by an eye witness to the crime, who is a subordinate or affiliated with your place of your employ, which is also the scene of the crime, you have an obligation, by law, to notify proper law enforcement authorities, and provide them with all information you have. PERIOD.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with hearsay or what is or is not admissible in court. You do not need to be THE eye witness in order to be obligated to report a crime had been committed if you are aware that a crime was committed or may have been committed.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, I could have read it, but I didn't.
Then your opinion is an uninformed opinion.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:57 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Then your opinion is an uninformed opinion.
It could be, but that won't stop me from posting anyway.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Sandusky "fits" all the pedophile profile mentality.

Starts a youth group, to make excuses to be near little boys. Gives them FREE tickets to games, computer, hats, ect. ect. ect. to get the boys to be "grateful" for the gifts....from RAPIST Sandusky.

My bigggest question : What is a 55 year old man doing hanging out with 8-10 year olds? He spend a HUGE amount of time with little boys.

Guys, if you are in your 50's, are you going to hang out with Power Rangers?

If you read the Grand Jury report, his actions all always the SAME with all the little boys.

Makes them take a shower WITH him. The little boys are truly uncomfortable and then Sandusky starts the fondling stuff which graduates to full disgusting things, I can't even print here.

How many 55 year old men take showers with 8 year olds?

They need to burn Sandusky at the stake!
It is truly disgusting and sickening ...and if you read the GJ findings, it is clear that Paterno, and the other school officials knew what was going on and agreed not to take appropriate action.

Two officials were found by the GJ to have lied under oath about their knowledge of sexual contact between Sandusky and a minor.

Furthermore, this claim that Paterno didn't know or wasn't told of the details is absolutely an incredibly absurd claim ... he's a liar. How can anyone believe for a nanosecond that this eye witness would go to Paterno's home and tell him that he witnesed activities between Sandusky and a young boy NAKED in the locker room showers that made him "uncomfortable" but he didn't provide, nor was he asked for details? What garbage.

Anyone, I don't care who, would immediately say to this witness "What exactly did you see".

Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
It could be, but that won't stop me from posting anyway.
No doubt.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It is truly disgusting and sickening ...and if you read the GJ findings, it is clear that Paterno, and the other school officials knew what was going on and agreed not to take appropriate action.

Two officials were found by the GJ to have lied under oath about their knowledge of sexual contact between Sandusky and a minor.

Furthermore, this claim that Paterno didn't know or wasn't told of the details is absolutely an incredibly absurd claim ... he's a liar. How can anyone believe for a nanosecond that this eye witness would go to Paterno's home and tell him that he witnesed activities between Sandusky and a young boy NAKED in the locker room showers that made him "uncomfortable" but he didn't provide, nor was he asked for details? What garbage.

Anyone, I don't care who, would immediately say to this witness "What exactly did you see".
Of course and the second thing you would say is "Why the hell are you standing here telling me this now why didn't you call the police?"

Old 11-10-2011, 07:16 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
I read the GJ report and I was under the impression that Paterno reported the incident to Schultz. I was also under the impression that Paterno was NOT told what happened. As a matter of fact, he was given a VERY diluted report of the situation.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I agree. Just how far up this may go and how far reaching, could be beyond most people's imagination. I hope those investigating it will be able to do so honestly and safely. The Prosecutor who was investigating charges against Sandusky back in '98 went missing in 2005. He has never been found; but his laptop's hard drive was recovered, unreadable, from a nearby lake where they found his car. Could be related. I imagine people who have the means would go to great lengths to cover up any involvement in something like this.

I hope they uncover it all and everyone involved gets their just rewards.
Yes, I know about the disappeared DA .... and also the failure to prosecute Sandusky after an investigation involving victim 6. What is in the news now is just the tip of the iceberg, and could even involve elements of law enforcement and justice officials, which if true, will certainly never see the light of day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies