Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 03:47 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times

Advertisements

You may think now days you are not a peasant but you are in the current times in just a different way.

Years ago the people were ruled by the Kings, Queens, Barron's, Lords and whatever.

The peasants/workers could not own land, were driven from their countries, lived in poverty, subjected to having to work for the Kings & Queens to make them richer and own more lands or steal lands etc, people were sent to jail or hung for a minor crime, some 150-200 yrs ago Irish/English who stole a loaf of bread because they were hungry were sent to Australia or Wales to prison's there when the English ruled those countries, someone can correct me if I am wrong regarding the prisons in Australia or Wales back then, oh of course you will be arrested now for stealing bread, maybe not if you can prove you're penniless

Who now days really owns 5000 acres or more? I'd bet a small percentage of regular working people or farmers who were able to hold on to their land. Now days its the corporations who own all the lands plus they are controlling everything, the minimum wage has not gone up as prices have, milk is what $4.00 a gallon, its $3.98 in my area.

Now we are given those points cards by the banks and stores and how much do we receive for being a faithful buyer of these stores, pennies on a dollar, sure you get a few more pennies if you charge it and God forbid if you cannot pay that credit card off in 30 days, maybe they give you a plastic bank, or a calculator/magnifying glass made in China

I thought of this while looking at my deed of previous owners going way back, my neighbor owned alot of land and now have 2-3 acres, they told me it was sold off over time in acres because they or ancestors needed the money.

Now days it's sort of the same thing, as years went by we lost our historic buildings,ethnic neighborhoods of course the working people could not put too much thought into that because they had to take care of their families before birth control was here, for what? to build a mall or a big corporate office, a parking lot to get you into the stores faster, you can see this clearly in the suburbs now and at present its coming to rural area's and hardly a tree in the parking lots. They dig up this land and wonder why all these rattlesnakes are appearing?

Having a $2000 house payment or more, $500 or more car payment, God forbid you own 2 cars and you are paying insurance on that because it is required, well the insurance companies are making out on that one.

There used to be just neighborhoods that were poor, those neighborhoods were tore down so housing projects could be built, hey they needed those poor neighborhoods to build their malls and stores they just shoved those people aside, welfare was not just created to help the poor, the 1% had their own interest in mind. This was well planned back in the late 40's during the 50's and really started to kick in during the 60's and its going strong now.

Some people do work hard for their money, I know some are working 2-3 jobs to survive, its that really living a full life? How often can they be with their children, paying daycares or one parent working in the morning and the other at night

It may be a joke to some out there but the corporations and the wealthy are controlling this country, we're just a bunch of worker bee's, we are not free anymore, oh sure we are free to move to another country but they are going thru the same things, where do we go? Way up to northern Canada, Greenland, some poor country in Africa or to the middle east, I can't understand why some people can't get it.

That's my 2 cents, you can see my point or start the attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 04:57 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
let them eat cake.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:21 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
let them eat cake.
Adapted for present day "Let them eat Kraft" (processed foods)

Old 11-06-2011, 06:20 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
How are you stopped from owning land?
How are you forced to live in servitude?

Thousands upon thousands of people own large tracts of land.It is of course rather expensive but that is more lack of supply of new land.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:25 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
I think that people who develop a "victim mentality" are destined to give up and never strive for anything better in life.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:29 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How are you stopped from owning land?
How are you forced to live in servitude?

Thousands upon thousands of people own large tracts of land.It is of course rather expensive but that is more lack of supply of new land.
It is the large corporations, through pushing to enact legislation to ease the money supply, that have driven up the price of land to the point where only they can afford it in large quantity.

No, I'm not talking about Bumble, MO. I'm talking about where people actually want to live.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/303789_10150463637640830_387832150829_11158280_148 3796415_n.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
You may think now days you are not a peasant but you are in the current times in just a different way.

Years ago the people were ruled by the Kings, Queens, Barron's, Lords and whatever.

The peasants/workers could not own land, were driven from their countries, lived in poverty, subjected to having to work for the Kings & Queens to make them richer and own more lands or steal lands etc, people were sent to jail or hung for a minor crime, some 150-200 yrs ago Irish/English who stole a loaf of bread because they were hungry were sent to Australia or Wales to prison's there when the English ruled those countries, someone can correct me if I am wrong regarding the prisons in Australia or Wales back then, oh of course you will be arrested now for stealing bread, maybe not if you can prove you're penniless

Who now days really owns 5000 acres or more? I'd bet a small percentage of regular working people or farmers who were able to hold on to their land. Now days its the corporations who own all the lands plus they are controlling everything, the minimum wage has not gone up as prices have, milk is what $4.00 a gallon, its $3.98 in my area.

Now we are given those points cards by the banks and stores and how much do we receive for being a faithful buyer of these stores, pennies on a dollar, sure you get a few more pennies if you charge it and God forbid if you cannot pay that credit card off in 30 days, maybe they give you a plastic bank, or a calculator/magnifying glass made in China

I thought of this while looking at my deed of previous owners going way back, my neighbor owned alot of land and now have 2-3 acres, they told me it was sold off over time in acres because they or ancestors needed the money.

Now days it's sort of the same thing, as years went by we lost our historic buildings,ethnic neighborhoods of course the working people could not put too much thought into that because they had to take care of their families before birth control was here, for what? to build a mall or a big corporate office, a parking lot to get you into the stores faster, you can see this clearly in the suburbs now and at present its coming to rural area's and hardly a tree in the parking lots. They dig up this land and wonder why all these rattlesnakes are appearing?

Having a $2000 house payment or more, $500 or more car payment, God forbid you own 2 cars and you are paying insurance on that because it is required, well the insurance companies are making out on that one.

There used to be just neighborhoods that were poor, those neighborhoods were tore down so housing projects could be built, hey they needed those poor neighborhoods to build their malls and stores they just shoved those people aside, welfare was not just created to help the poor, the 1% had their own interest in mind. This was well planned back in the late 40's during the 50's and really started to kick in during the 60's and its going strong now.

Some people do work hard for their money, I know some are working 2-3 jobs to survive, its that really living a full life? How often can they be with their children, paying daycares or one parent working in the morning and the other at night

It may be a joke to some out there but the corporations and the wealthy are controlling this country, we're just a bunch of worker bee's, we are not free anymore, oh sure we are free to move to another country but they are going thru the same things, where do we go? Way up to northern Canada, Greenland, some poor country in Africa or to the middle east, I can't understand why some people can't get it.

That's my 2 cents, you can see my point or start the attack
You should have kept the change.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
There will always be a 1%.

There is a 1% at ows....who controls the money?

YOU have the opportunity to better yourself every day.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:44 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
No, the current occupiers of the white house would be the Monarchy and the 1% would be the aristocrats of the society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies